No announcement yet.

Top 25 p4p of the past 25 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    What's wrong, your boy Floyd ain't on there? Hopkins, Ward?
    Obviously the exclusion of Mayweather and Hopkins is the worst part.

Would love to know what James Toney did from 1994-Present to be on the list.

Calzaghe, Lopez, Chocolatito?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Obviously the exclusion of Mayweather and Hopkins is the worst part.

Would love to know what James Toney did from 1994-Present to be on the list.

Calzaghe, Lopez, Chocolatito?
      For one thing, Floyd never fought an elite at their best, so who knows how he would have done had he not chosen the path of stalling, ducking, "retiring" and cherry-picking. He also got three gifts in his career as far as I and many other boxing voices are concerned.

Hopkins? He hid out at 160 padding his record against a long list of never-was no-hopers so he could avoid prime Jones, Toney and others at 168. Each time he stepped up he got beat. His best wins are two blown up WWs and Tarver.

Toney won the IBF and lineal MW titles by beating Nunn. Was FOTY. Goes on to defeat Barkley for 168 title. Granted that is 1991/93, but from 94 he fought five times that year losing by decision to Jones. He later beats McCallum, Jirov, Holyfield, Guinn, and Oquendo. Champion in 4 weight classes until stripped of HW title.

I'm sure your list is about as credible as something Floyd himself would muster.

Comment

What a difference three years makes. If we go back 25 years from 2019, we have to consider their careers from 1994 to now.

1 - Pacquiao
        2- Roy Jones
        3- MAB
        4- Morales
        5- DLH
        6- Toney
        7- Calzaghe
        8- Roman Gonzalez
        9- Ricardo Lopez
        10-Loma

This butthurt dude knows no shame.

Comment

For one thing, Floyd never fought an elite at their best, so who knows how he would have done had he not chosen the path of stalling, ducking, "retiring" and cherry-picking. He also got three gifts in his career as far as I and many other boxing voices are concerned.

Hopkins? He hid out at 160 padding his record against a long list of never-was no-hopers so he could avoid prime Jones, Toney and others at 168. Each time he stepped up he got beat. His best wins are two blown up WWs and Tarver.

Toney won the IBF and lineal MW titles by beating Nunn. Was FOTY. Goes on to defeat Barkley for 168 title. Granted that is 1991/93, but from 94 he fought five times that year losing by decision to Jones. He later beats McCallum, Jirov, Holyfield, Guinn, and Oquendo. Champion in 4 weight classes until stripped of HW title.

I'm sure your list is about as credible as something Floyd himself would muster.
          So you got shot McCallum, shot Holyfield, Jirov, Guinn and Oquendo Hilarious you included Guinn though.

Murderers row!! You actually think that that is even remotely impressive?

Champion in 4 weight classes? Ermmm no, he wasn't. Not ever let alone from 94-present.

"Boxing voices" Oh yeah like who? Most "boxing voices" consider Floyd undefeated actually. You talk about gifts yet include Toney? Fantastic double standard.

Obvious agenda driven drivel, hence why it's funny.

Comment

So you got shot McCallum, shot Holyfield, Jirov, Guinn and Oquendo Hilarious you included Guinn though.

Murderers row!! You actually think that that is even remotely impressive?

Champion in 4 weight classes? Ermmm no, he wasn't. Not ever let alone from 94-present.

"Boxing voices" Oh yeah like who? Most "boxing voices" consider Floyd undefeated actually. You talk about gifts yet include Toney? Fantastic double standard.

Obvious agenda driven drivel, hence why it's funny.
            He moved all the way up to HW. For a small HW he hung with osme big hitters.

Where is your list? This ought to be good, if not predictable.

Comment

Hint: Neither one of these guys knows anything.

Comment

He moved all the way up to HW. For a small HW he hung with osme big hitters.

Where is your list? This ought to be good, if not predictable.
                Oh right fantastic he "hung with some big hitters" and you think that equates to that ranking? I mean, Fres Oqunedo and Dominic Guinn, Mayweather and Hopkins could only dream of facing those killers right? Like I said, hilarious.

Toney record from 94-present doesn't even come close to that ranking and you have done nothing to even remotely argue that point.

My list? Off hand I don't have one but obviously it wouldn't take me long to make one.

To not include Mayweather and Hopkins, two OBVIOUS and clear Top 5 minimum fighters of the last 25 years is just asinine and laughable, any "boxing voice" would attest to that.

But I'm assuming you know that. Unless you really are that dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                  Neither of who?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                    Referring to?

Oh right fantastic he "hung with some big hitters" and you think that equates to that ranking? I mean, Fres Oqunedo and Dominic Guinn, Mayweather and Hopkins could only dream of facing those killers right? Like I said, hilarious.

Toney record from 94-present doesn't even come close to that ranking and you have done nothing to even remotely argue that point.

My list? Off hand I don't have one but obviously it wouldn't take me long to make one.

To not include Mayweather and Hopkins, two OBVIOUS and clear Top 5 minimum fighters of the last 25 years is just asinine and laughable, any "boxing voice" would attest to that.

But I'm assuming you know that. Unless you really are that dumb.
                    Like I said, Mayweather never truly tested himself. He played it safe fighting guys on their way down, on their way up or smaller. Never an elite at their best. For that, he doesn't scratch my top ten.

Hopkins hid out at 160 when he could have easily moved up to 168/175 sooner. But it was too dangerous. He priced himself out of a Jones rematch while Roy was still in his prime. His best wins are blown up welters (Tito and Oscar) and Tarver. He was also a dirty fighter who never truly tested himself during his prime.

As you can see, I provide some analysis to back up my list, one which you are afraid to provide because you know how easily it will be picked apart. It's easy to be an armchair critic without having to put your own list out there.

Comment

What a difference three years makes. If we go back 25 years from 2019, we have to consider their careers from 1994 to now.

1 - Pacquiao
                      2- Roy Jones
                      3- MAB
                      4- Morales
                      5- DLH
                      6- Toney
                      7- Calzaghe
                      8- Roman Gonzalez
                      9- Ricardo Lopez
                      10-Loma
                      How can anyone take this list seriously? It's fine if you hate Floyd. However leaving him and Bhop off the list of top 10 is just incredibly biased.

Never truly tested himself? You are using how you feel about Floyd to evaluate who he fought.

And bhop. you seem to be holding something against him.

Then you have Loma at 10 when he is 11-1? Come on man.
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-15-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X