No announcement yet.

Greetings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Just created my account yesterday and thought I'd say hello.

A bit about myself, I first became introduced to the world of boxing as an amateur boxer at 19 years old, when I boxed for two years in college. After a fourteen year absence from the sport I rediscovered it once again after taking up my first Muay Thai lesson at my local MMA school in Southern California.

My first boxing class in 14 years followed in February of 2018 and I continue to train Muay Thai and Boxing as my main standup striking arts. Very recently I had a hell of a class a couple weeks ago where I followed a friend's advice (he's a trainer at The Fight House, Atlanta in Georgia) on keeping three go-to combos in mind (for the curious it was the jab-cross,jab-jab-cross, and jab-cross-hook). With things like level changes (i.e. lots of straight rights at the body, and as many left hooks there) I was able to hold my own in fifty minutes of sparring.

In my non-boxing related life I'm on active service with the US military and I enjoy surfing, swimming, reading history, literature, and philosophy and enjoy kettlebell and barbell lifting.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and participating in some neat discussions.

I am new to the forum as well and want to welcome you on our learning and sharing about boxing.

Comment

Working...
    X