No announcement yet.

Golovkin VS Canelo 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    they are adding up jabs on compubox, completely forgetting that it was a fight

you can tell by the justification they use, the official scoring criteria has largely been ignored

issues like this separate the casuals from the hardcore fans

most of the fans who scored that fight for Jabkin probably called Mayweather a runner
    no one legit uses compubox. and its not a fight. its a boxing match. i heard that and over when floyd ran and grazed people lightly with his jab. ITS NOT A FIGHT ITS BOXING! now its a fight and not boxing gee ok

Comment

Originally posted by CinderelliMan View Post
      Wtf did GGG do in the second fight? Like it hurt me to watch I am just an honest fan. Fak you and your agendas

yea I don't get that at all

Canelo shaded Golovkin in EVERY area

oh, every area except backing up and pushing out pitty-pat jabs to keep Canelo off him

Canelo clearly won the fight, there is no question about that

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
        I just don't understand how you guys can keep calling the second fight close. It was a one sided beat down by canelo.

If anything the first fight was close.
        A one sided beatdown that he won by the closest possible margin? That most people watching saw Golovkin win or at least Draw?

If you think Canelo did enough to win that's cool and it's a perfectly valid opinion, but a 'one sided beatdown' is something it absolutely wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          no one legit uses compubox. and its not a fight. its a boxing match. i heard that and over when floyd ran and grazed people lightly with his jab. ITS NOT A FIGHT ITS BOXING! now its a fight and not boxing gee ok

show me where pushing out pitty-pat jabs are valid scoring criteria

* clean hard punching
          * effective aggression
          * ring generalship
          * defence

Mayweather opponents used to follow him around like a lost puppy while getting touched up..... Floyd won rounds by defence, and because his opponent did nothing but give him opportunities

Golovkin got backed-up and beaten-up

most un-Mexican, and hardly how a champion should defend his title

Comment

It's obvious that Golovkin was avoided by Canelo untill he showed some vulnerability against Jacobs. Canelo hid behind his demand that Golovkin cut weight and Oscar came up with "the fight needs to marinate" excuse. The idea that a reigning champion has to cut weight in order to fight a contender simply because he's popular is ridiculous.
            Last edited by TonyGe; 01-17-2019, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              A one sided beatdown that he won by the closest possible margin? That most people watching saw Golovkin win or at least Draw?

If you think Canelo did enough to win that's cool and it's a perfectly valid opinion, but a 'one sided beatdown' is something it absolutely wasn't.
              Closests margin possible?

Tell me why Jabkin left the arena crying in Broner fashion, looking like a hills have eyes character? Meanwhile Canelo looked like he was going to a photo shoot.

CLOSE FIGHT DOE!

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                Closests margin possible?

Tell me why Jabkin left the arena crying in Broner fashion, looking like a hills have eyes character? Meanwhile Canelo looked like he was going to a photo shoot.

CLOSE FIGHT DOE!
                Why did he leave the arena. I don't know. Maybe ask the men and he'll tell you. Could be he was just pissed off. And sure, he was marked up - a lot worse than Canelo. That old skin, y'know..

What has any of this got to do with your claim that it was a 'one sided beatdown'?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  It's obvious that Golovkin was avoided by Canelo untill he showed some vulnerability against Jacobs. Canelo hid behind his demand that Golovkin cut weight and Oscar came up with "the fight needs to marinate" excuse. The idea that a reigning champion has to cut weight in order to fight a contender simply because he's popular is ridiculous.

you mean..... like when Mr " anyone from 154-168 " demanded a 164lb catchweight from Ward?

or is that somehow..... " different ".....?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    you mean..... like when Mr " anyone from 154-168 " demanded a 164lb catchweight from Ward?

or is that somehow..... " different ".....?
                    No as I posted numerous times on this forum and I will post again I don't consider fighting for a title at a catch weight meaningful. It's bad enough that there are multiple weight divisions and and multiple sanctioning bodies with multiple champions in each division.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      No as I posted numerous times on this forum and I will post again I don't consider fighting for a title at a catch weight meaningful. It's bad enough that there are multiple weight divisions and and multiple sanctioning bodies with multiple champions in each division.

fair call, so long as that stands for BOTH fighters.....

otherwise, you know what happens.....

#theelephant

Comment

Working...
                      X