No announcement yet.

God, No God, Morals, and Evolution

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SiNCiTY_KiD702 View Post
    How can god love us if thats a human emotion?

If adam and eve didn't know right from wrong...beause they had never seen evil and did not know that disobeying was a bad thing (they were innocents), then if the storie did happend why would god punish them?

If god new that Lucifer was gonna rebel and could see the future then that means that there is fate and the future is already determined so why should I be doomed to hell for being an atheist if he knew I was gonna question and not beleive in him...(if god was real)

And if god sees the future then he would have known that adam and eve would be tempted by the serpent and prevent it from happening so every thing could be fine and dandy...And if god is all knowing then he knew that there was evil in the garden of eden...so therefore he must have let that evil in so he could tempt the innocents. And why place a pretty tree of such sort with fruit where two teenagers live that don't know right from wrong that are gonna be curious about it in the first place.... this god... he is a sick dude!
    So you could be tested in this life.

How do you if someone is good or bad by testing them.

because without testing you faith there is really not telling if you good or bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Merovingian View Post
      If everything came from one source, then evil had to come from that source. Of course some will say that the devil created evil but, the devil did not manifest himself into existence now did he. The story is God created the devil and if the devil became evil, then whatever created him had to put evil into him or else he could not have manifested it into energy. Every energy in the world has an OPPOSITE, same in nature, different in degree.
      i was just stating my humble opinion bro... and it's nice that you have made clear points in your argument...

if i may ask you... Do you believe that God is Omniscient and Omnipotent? Do you believe in freewill?

your answers will be appreciated....

Comment

How can god love us if thats a human emotion?

If adam and eve didn't know right from wrong...beause they had never seen evil and did not know that disobeying was a bad thing (they were innocents), then if the storie did happend why would god punish them?

If god new that Lucifer was gonna rebel and could see the future then that means that there is fate and the future is already determined so why should I be doomed to hell for being an atheist if he knew I was gonna question and not beleive in him...(if god was real)

And if god sees the future then he would have known that adam and eve would be tempted by the serpent and prevent it from happening so every thing could be fine and dandy...And if god is all knowing then he knew that there was evil in the garden of eden...so therefore he must have let that evil in so he could tempt the innocents. And why place a pretty tree of such sort with fruit where two teenagers live that don't know right from wrong that are gonna be curious about it in the first place.... this god... he is a sick dude!
        Love comes from God, God is Love...this is my belief.

If you want to take the story literally, he told them that was the only tree they couldn't eat from. They were innocents, not idiots. A child is an innocent; but understands when you tell them "no".

The Future is not set. There are tangents dependent upon your choices.

....and the story of Adam and Eve more than likely didn't happen. As I'd said, it was symbollic and a story borrowed by the ancient Hebrews. It is not that unlike so many other creation stories from various other cultures. Quit being difficult and making me explain the obvious.
        Last edited by K-DOGG; 12-14-2006, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Free Will and an Omniscient God (god who knows everything) are logically impossible dude your contradicting yourself lol

No. Just because you can't comprehend a God that can see all possible tangents in the future, it doesn't mean it's a contradiction. I can conceive of it, why can't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by CoLd_WaVE View Post
            very nice points.... thanks for the reply....

i would like to add this question: if God is omniscient, then he knew all along that Lucifer will rebel and at the expense of the suffering of all men.... it would equal the statement that God himself is responsible for the imperfection and suffering of men??? Because if he had known beforehand he should have prevented it (suffering).... After all, God is love, right???

but what the hell.... we are JUST men.... i personally think that God's purpose/goals are beyond our comprehension... well, that's me....

what say you?
            Good question....and I have thought about it myself quite a bit. One of the more disturbing stories in the Old Testament for me, personally, is the story of Job. God allowed Satan to do all of those horrible things to Job, just to prove that He knew who Job was and that Job would not renounce Him, regardless of what Satan did to him. That story always has bothered me; but I suppose that's because I'm human. And you very well could be right about God's purpose and goals being too far beyond our ability to understand. I can agree with that; but me being me, I had to come up with a theory...which is off the wall. I'll go ahead and share it; but remember, this is probably a bunch of junk from my creative inner-self.

Ready? Here we go: God knows this life we're in is nothing in the great scheme of things...nothing more than a proving ground of sorts and that true life is everlasting, while this is ultimately just a blip.

The definition I've given myself, and this is just a theory, is that Life on Earth is a filtering process to weed out the bad eggs. I think it's entirely possible that we, like God, have always been, or are just slightly younger. Think of all of mankind as a "Collective Soul", or a giant metaphysical organism with God as the nucleus and evil being an inpurity that is poisoning the whole body. Yeah, I know, it's a weird thought; but stay with me.

God, being the nucleus of this eternal collective, in order to save the whole, had to find a way to perge evil from it and therefore devised a way for us to exist in mortal life/another dimension of physical qualities and limited lifespans, where we would face choices in reference to good and evil and eventually, we'd die from this life and return to the other with the spiritual scarring of our choices in this life etched upon our "souls", so to speak.

I think we may even go through many lifetimes and are born to different "fates" dependent upon the type of life we lived previously, so as to give us the perspective of other individuals, perhaps even individuals similar to ones we had wronged in our previous incarnation. For example, let's say in one life you do good works on one area and help out the poor or who knows what; but you live a relatively good life and treat others well.....but, you are a womanizer and think of women as property and don't think about the emotional harm you do on a personal level. In your next life, you might be born as a woman who has the possibility of her life's path to lead her to a relationship with an unfaitful womanizer who will break your heart and then, you react to that one way or the other after the experience...but, you now know what it feels like. And afterwards, the experience is etched upon your soul along with every positve and negative experience you've ever lived through. In the end, "Judgement Day", would be the time of separating those who learned from their experiences most and still found the righteous way to live from those who always, or eventually always chose the wrong path and did more harm than good.

DISCLAIMER: The opinion above is K-DOGG's and K-DOGG's alone and has no basis in any spiritual doctrine; but is from K-DOGG's brain based on readings from various spiritual doctine. It is not intended to be taken "factually"; but is merely a hypothetical suggestion.

Comment

• r

It's All About Jesus

Comment

• An all knowing god knows whats going to happen therefor if he knows whats going to happen then there is no free will because the choices you make are predetermined, If there was free will you could do some thing that would surprise god but you cant surprise god with something you do because he already knows you are going to do it. You are saying that god knows whats going to happen if you make this choice or if you choose to make that choice.. Well then your getting into alternate realities and every choice would be an alternate of you in a different dimension or something like that. You seem to know a lot about what god can and can't do..have you met the guy/gal? So god is all knowing then he created us knowing that we were going to cause wars, he knew that Hitler was gonna start a mass genocide and that Stalin was gonna kill millions of his generals and people. Knowing all this he still chose to create us and supposed that life is like one of those choose how you end the story books he would know that many weren't gonna follow in his "love" and commit atrocities like that. But god gets "mad" when people do such evils even though he knew it was going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by rageinme View Post
                  It's All About Jesus
                  dude every post you make in here has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Its like your not even reading the discussion or paying attention and blurting out bible quotes and Jesus this and that.. Stop being a cheerleader and get in the conversation. lol

Comment

An all knowing god knows whats going to happen therefor if he knows whats going to happen then there is no free will because the choices you make are predetermined, If there was free will you could do some thing that would surprise god but you cant surprise god with something you do because he already knows you are going to do it. You are saying that god knows whats going to happen if you make this choice or if you choose to make that choice.. Well then your getting into alternate realities and every choice would be an alternate of you in a different dimension or something like that. You seem to know a lot about what god can and can't do..have you met the guy/gal? So god is all knowing then he created us knowing that we were going to cause wars, he knew that Hitler was gonna start a mass genocide and that Stalin was gonna kill millions of his generals and people. Knowing all this he still chose to create us and supposed that life is like one of those choose how you end the story books he would know that many weren't gonna follow in his "love" and commit atrocities like that. But god gets "mad" when people do such evils even though he knew it was going to happen.
                    God know you destiney but istead of sending people straight to hell or heaven in the day of judgment he would say the didnt i told you the choice you have?

Comment

An all knowing god knows whats going to happen therefor if he knows whats going to happen then there is no free will because the choices you make are predetermined, If there was free will you could do some thing that would surprise god but you cant surprise god with something you do because he already knows you are going to do it. You are saying that god knows whats going to happen if you make this choice or if you choose to make that choice.. 1. Well then your getting into alternate realities and every choice would be an alternate of you in a different dimension or something like that. You seem to know a lot about what god can and can't do..2. have you met the guy/gal? So god is all knowing then he created us knowing that we were going to cause wars, 3. he knew that Hitler was gonna start a mass genocide and that Stalin was gonna kill millions of his generals and people. Knowing all this he still chose to create us and supposed that life is like one of those choose how you end the story books he would know that many weren't gonna follow in his "love" and commit atrocities like that. But god gets "mad" when people do such evils even though he knew it was going to happen.

lol!! Very nice.

Okay, here's my response to the highlighted areas:

1. Maybe; but that's beyond my comprehension. I do think that each little choice you make can change the world, or at least the immendiate future within your realm of influnce....mulitplied by 6 Billion people, of course. Whether or not there actually are other universes for every choice is moot because you and I are only living in this one....still, very perceptive on your part.

2. Unnecessary question and rhetorical; but allow me to shock you...yes I have, we have tea every other Sunday and he says you need to wash behind your ears more.

3. If your mom or dad were omniscient and knew every mistake you were going to make and knew every time you were going to disobey, would they choose not to have you in the first place and give you a chance?

Comment

Working...
                      X