No announcement yet.

Wrestled with a blue belt ju-jitsu pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Oh I know, I am actually learning "boxing for MMA" which is completely different. It will help me in making some extra money training some MMA guys. It's hard though because it goes against everything I already know....lol
    That is true, but that's where you can learn a lot too. I find that asking questions and practising moves, kicks slowly helps you change your stance. These subtle movements are in boxing too, but in MMA you have to be aware even more of kicks that you really don't wanna take too many. Get a TKD/ Muay Thai man to kick your legs hard with a padding on your leg. You will feel that power and it hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
      That is true, but that's where you can learn a lot too. I find that asking questions and practising moves, kicks slowly helps you change your stance. These subtle movements are in boxing too, but in MMA you have to be aware even more of kicks that you really don't wanna take too many. Get a TKD/ Muay Thai man to kick your legs hard with a padding on your leg. You will feel that power and it hurts.
      Well the biggest differences I am finding is the little nuances between someone who is just trained in MMA and someone who is trained specifically in Muay Thai.

They seem to have a completely different stance. It's interesting though and I'm open to anything, I can work corners in MMA if need be and maybe make some extra cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Well the biggest differences I am finding is the little nuances between someone who is just trained in MMA and someone who is trained specifically in Muay Thai.

They seem to have a completely different stance. It's interesting though and I'm open to anything, I can work corners in MMA if need be and maybe make some extra cash.
        All the best. Making money is a huge part of life to get comfortable.

Comment

Working...
        X