No announcement yet.

Garcia fight sways me towards the notion that Marg was cheating for a while

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia fight sways me towards the notion that Marg was cheating for a while

I guess there really is no solid proof Tony ever actually used plaster in a fight let me say first of all and this is just speculation but last night I finally watched the Garcia fight because I will never ever buy one of those piss poor top rank latin fury PPVs.

During the Margarito/Garcia fight in spite of the flash KD it seemed like as the fight went on Garcia had no respect whatsoever for Marg's punching power and was just willingly eating his shots like they were candy and coming for more.

I mean he was tagged alot by Tony over 10 rounds and at the end of the fight did not have a mark on him yet before the whole SSM fight scandal much better fighters than a journeyman like Garcia were brutally ko'd( Golden Johnson), quit and make to cry in the ring(Cintron), and on their bicycle for nearly all of the fight and busted up looking they had been in car crashes after a fight with Tony(Cotto).

Very peculiar in my estimation how suddenly and mysteriously featherfisted Marg has become.

Anyone else think the same thing when they saw the fight?
    Last edited by Spray_resistant; 05-18-2010, 03:33 PM.

nice avi.........

Comment

He dropped him in the first round.

Plus you have to remember that Tony's power will probably suffer a bit going up to 54'.

His power was accentuated at 47' cuz' he's a big WW.

Plus it looked to me like he wanted to get rounds in and box, not knock this guy out.

He was just having fun w/ him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
        He dropped him in the first round.

Plus you have to remember that Tony's power will probably suffer a bit going up to 54'.

His power was accentuated at 47' cuz' he's a big WW.

Plus it looked to me like he wanted to get rounds in and box, not knock this guy out.

He was just having fun w/ him.
        Like I said there is no proof but its something I couldn't help but think when I saw it.

Comment

You also need to appreciate the fact that this guy Garcia was game as hell and came to fight in top shape.

Plus I think he was undefeated. He wasn't a rollover opponent.

Comment

Tony needed as many rounds as possible to shake off the rust. Plus, Garcia is a proud granitechinned Mexican who's never been knocked down. He also took it to Angulo...

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Like I said there is no proof but its something I couldn't help but think when I saw it.
              You watch too much pron.

Comment

He did take it easy on him after the KD so it's hard to say.

He was using lateral movement for the second half of the fight which is very rare with him.

Hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                  You also need to appreciate the fact that this guy Garcia was game as hell and came to fight in top shape.

Plus I think he was undefeated. He wasn't a rollover opponent.
                  He was not unbeaten and clearly not a world class fighter.

Comment

We are all going to think differently on the matter, Jack takes Margarito's side. Personally I think he is a dirty cheater, and hope he never gets his license back in the states.

Comment

Working...
                    X