Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marcos Maidana Upsets Victor Ortiz in a Six Round War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, I don't know what it is. But it seems like we've seen two fighters who you would think would be the last guys to wave the white flag pull a no mas. Robert Guerrero appeared to be a stand up guy when he blasted out Martin Honario in the first round while his wife was sick with cancer, and then he throws some of that respect down the drain by pulling a bail out. Then we see Ortiz do what he did. Is signing with Golden Boy Promotions softening these guys up or what? One thing you've got to give credit to Oscar for though is not matching those two guys up with cupcake opponents. But is he spoiling these fighters by paying them the money that he does? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with getting paid, but Guerrero and Ortiz might have adopted a kool-aid heart being with Oscar.

Comment

• its all about heart

ortiz show that he didnt have the heart of a warrior. I know that there is alot of Cotto Haters here. But that's a warrior. fighting with a nasty cut since the third round he didnt quit and ortiz clearly did. Cant wait for Pac and Cotto.

Comment

• you can't forget about vitali quitting

Comment

• @Joe Strong - I also didn't like the look of Ortiz after round 5. His corner threatened to stop it and there was no protest from him at all.

This NO MAS is not as unexpected as Duran vs Leonard. That was a shock. This one was merely disappointing because we really didn't know if Ortiz was championship stock or not.

Full credit goes to Maidana for getting off the canvas 3 times in front of a hostile crowd and getting it done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            Men I had big hopes on ortiz, he was clearly the better boxer, but he fought stupid as hell

Still cant believe he quitted, he wasnt that badly hurt!!!!!!!
            Ortiz clearly the better boxer????
            So why did he lose in 6 and get dropped like a simple empty bottle??

I hope you mean better technician,but the better boxer last night was Maidana,or maybe balls,smartness,will,heart and power aren't boxing qualities???

Wasn't that badly hurt??
            Not sure...

I knew ortiz will lose,dude seems to be a good dude and is a good technician,but he was another US hypejob.

There is no upset out there,the journalist is a ******.
            It's all about hype in USA.Biased and ignorant jouralists.
            Maidana is a beast,Ortiz a green soft fighter who only fought in USA...A now soft area...

Comment

• A quitter will always be a quitter. Being near Dela Hoya is so contagious that he transmitted the virus "Quitter" to Ortiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by alembic View Post
                @Joe Strong - I also didn't like the look of Ortiz after round 5. His corner threatened to stop it and there was no protest from him at all.

This NO MAS is not as unexpected as Duran vs Leonard. That was a shock. This one was merely disappointing because we really didn't know if Ortiz was championship stock or not.

Full credit goes to Maidana for getting off the canvas 3 times in front of a hostile crowd and getting it done.
                yeah, his corner was going to stop the fight and ortiz didn't say no... his heart wasn't in it since before that.

his corner knew he wasn't doing to right things to win the fight.

Comment

• I think everyone just had high expectations for Ortiz. We saw Lumacaud quit geting counted out sitting on his asss against Arce but no one is giving him any ****. Ortiz is still only 22 and he made some mistakes. He should of boxed Maidana and should't of had a sluging fest with him though it was an exciting 6 rounds! If he comes back I'm sure he'll learn from the experience and be a little more patient and defensive.

Comment

• Ortiz QUIT before the ref brought him to the doctor

Comment

• Originally posted by gman849 View Post
                      Ortiz QUIT before the ref brought him to the doctor
                      Just keep hamering away at it won't ya?

Comment

Working...
                      X