Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rosado Shakes Head, Tears Apart Saunders For Walking Away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does sanders get to hold his title hostage w/o fighting?

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
      Exactly. Sucks that guys can sit on their butts for so long without defending the belt.

Comment

Who ****ing cares, no way in hell Rosado should be given a shot at any title period..the guy sucks

Comment

They will allow him to hold it until he sells it to Canelo in December...

Comment

WBO rules state he has 9 months from the time he wins the title to make a defense or he'll be mandated - he won in December, so he has til September. He already said earlier this week if he didn't fight on the Canelo card he'd take a fight in the UK instead.

It's not clear if the WBO would mandate him to fight #1 - Khurtsidze, or if Khurtsidze still has to fight an eliminator, but it sounds like he'll fight someone like Akavov before that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Fans were upset when Rosado was selected to be the opponent for BJS and now fans are mad that BJS isn't fighting him???

Rosado was selected b/c he's a GB fighter who won't jeopardize a Canelo/Saunders fight - he's not a threat to beat Saunders. I wasn't looking forward to Rosado/Saunders, Rosado's washed up and I'd rather see Sulecki or Akavov. Let Gabe fight Tureano Johnson to build up TJ's career.
              Who the hell is Akavov?....................nvm just saw that boxrec, dude is a bum 16-1 with dudes I never heard in my life, At least Rosado has been with the best at MW : Golovkin, Lemieux, Charlo, Quillin, Powell, Karass, Angulo, Clottey, Ouma. Hell! Not even Golovkin has fought names like Rosado has.

Sulecki? he's a solid prospect but his most notable win is Centeno, and that ain't a high bar standard.

Billy Hoe Saunders has become a paper champ, he would've had the chance to make big money and beat Canelo and he screwed himself.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
                Who the hell is Akavov?....................nvm just saw that boxrec, dude is a bum 16-1 with dudes I never heard in my life, At least Rosado has been with the best at MW : Golovkin, Lemieux, Charlo, Quillin, Powell, Karass, Angulo, Clottey, Ouma. Hell! Not even Golovkin has fought names like Rosado has.

Sulecki? he's a solid prospect but his most notable win is Centeno, and that ain't a high bar standard.

Billy Hoe Saunders has become a paper champ, he would've had the chance to make big money and beat Canelo and he screwed himself.
                Gabe's shot, they picked him b/c it's a safe fight. This won't change anything for Canelo/BJS. Canelo still wants that belt and Saunders is still going to ask for crazy money just like he would had he fought Rosado.

Comment

Gabe beats up nobodies and walks his way into title shots. Who does he think he is

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                    Who ****ing cares, no way in hell Rosado should be given a shot at any title period..the guy sucks
                    The problem is we all know Billy Hoe will fight someone worse and less experienced then Rosado. He's been turning down fights all year since he got the paper belt and Rosado is just the latest. Whoever he fights next will bring him less exposure and likely put in jeopardy of a Canelo fight. And Golden Boy already said he didn't want to fight Rosado and they offered him Curtis Stevenson and Monroe and he turned those guys down as well. Rosado while not a elite fighter has at least been in with top fighters. If he turned down Rosado to fight someone better we would give him a pass but nobody believes he's going to find someone better last minute before sept.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      Gabe's shot, they picked him b/c it's a safe fight. This won't change anything for Canelo/BJS. Canelo still wants that belt and Saunders is still going to ask for crazy money just like he would had he fought Rosado.
                      I don't know the way he screwed over Golden Boy and backed out at the last minute I could see Golden Boy telling Billy Hoe to kick rocks and just find Canelo another fight. Canelo can really fight whoever he wants he don't need Billy Hoe. He could rematch Cotto, fight any of the guys at 154, fight the winner of Lemiuex/Stevens, ect. Saunders is not in position to demand crazy money especially after this stunt.

Comment

Working...
                      X