Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury has brought more excitement as HW Champ in two months then Wlad did in 10 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali moved liked a light weight because he is really just a light heavyweight. Agree?

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    I usually agree with your posts man but you are dead wrong on this one. Fury is nowhere near Ali in terms of charisma or natural talent. Ali had a way with words that Fury does not. He was also a great physical specimen. He was a heavyweight who moved like lightweight. He probably had the fastest feet of any heavyweight ever. Ali is also probably one of the only top heavyweights to never get KO'd. Yes, his corner stopped a fight once but he was never KO'd.

Fury is awkward, cumbersome, and says incredibly stupid things. His reign at heavyweight will likely be a short one. He's getting so much undeserved hype for beating a Vladimir Klitsckho who was clearly passed his best.

Comment

I usually agree with your posts man but you are dead wrong on this one. Fury is nowhere near Ali in terms of charisma or natural talent. Ali had a way with words that Fury does not. He was also a great physical specimen. He was a heavyweight who moved like lightweight. He probably had the fastest feet of any heavyweight ever. Ali is also probably one of the only top heavyweights to never get KO'd. Yes, his corner stopped a fight once but he was never KO'd.

Fury is awkward, cumbersome, and says incredibly stupid things. His reign at heavyweight will likely be a short one. He's getting so much undeserved hype for beating a Vladimir Klitsckho who was clearly passed his best.
      Again I think people are too caught up in...ALI, this incredible man and boxer, who did these things & stood up for what he believed, won the title 3 times, had 2 historically epic upsets, and so on & so forth. Some of you guys are trying to say Ali wasn't a **** talker or something it seems. "Eff Pandas, he was more than a **** talker doe". And I'm not disagreeing with that part of it, but he was also a **** talker & attention getter just like this guy we all know who happens to be HW champion right now named Tyson Fury & thats the stuff I'm talking about.

And Ali being fast or a physical specimen has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about & idk why the biggest counterpoints to what I'm saying have zero to do with what I'm saying lol. I'm not talking about who's quicker or who's got the better body lol. People are WAYYYYY to into Ali as some holier than thou entity in boxing to suggest you can't make comparisons to other fighters with Ali.

For full disclosure Ali was one of the first boxers I become a fan of (even if he was before my time) & I think the first adult length 200pg type book I read was The Greatest. But he's not beyond comparison to other fighters for his ability to talk smack & get attention (or other things for that matter). Big fan of Ali, but I think he's one of the most overhyped fighters in boxing history largely due to the same reason Fury gots a lot of hype these days cuz of his **** talking.

Comment

Originally posted by thealfa View Post
        Ali moved liked a light weight because he is really just a light heavyweight. Agree?
        No, weighing 220 pounds as a pro definitely does not make you a light heavy weight lol

Comment

Russians are taught to be polite.

Anyway, that Mexican cartel pic you have on your Avatar, he sure doesn't look like the same guy they keep getting caught as he keeps on escaping. Maybe the DEA is simply trying to stay in business by having a double to play his role? Kinda like the whole Bin Laden thing (did he even exist?). Now, ISIS is more mainstream...

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
          I agree wholeheartedly. Wlad was great and I respect his accomplishments, but he was boring as all hell in and out of the ring. I hope Fury beats him again in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Again I think people are too caught up in...ALI, this incredible man and boxer, who did these things & stood up for what he believed, won the title 3 times, had 2 historically epic upsets, and so on & so forth. Some of you guys are trying to say Ali wasn't a **** talker or something it seems. "Eff Pandas, he was more than a **** talker doe". And I'm not disagreeing with that part of it, but he was also a **** talker & attention getter just like this guy we all know who happens to be HW champion right now named Tyson Fury & thats the stuff I'm talking about.

And Ali being fast or a physical specimen has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about & idk why the biggest counterpoints to what I'm saying have zero to do with what I'm saying lol. I'm not talking about who's quicker or who's got the better body lol. People are WAYYYYY to into Ali as some holier than thou entity in boxing to suggest you can't make comparisons to other fighters with Ali.

For full disclosure Ali was one of the first boxers I become a fan of (even if he was before my time) & I think the first adult length 200pg type book I read was The Greatest. But he's not beyond comparison to other fighters for his ability to talk smack & get attention (or other things for that matter). Big fan of Ali, but I think he's one of the most overhyped fighters in boxing history largely due to the same reason Fury gots a lot of hype these days cuz of his **** talking.
            Bro, you're bringing up points I didn't even mention lol. I never said anything about what Ali accomplished outside of the ring. I don't believe Ali is the God like figure that many people on here like to make him out to be. His boxing had a lot of technical flaws that the people who praise him fail to mention.

However, with all that said. Fury is nowhere near Ali in terms of talent or charisma. Like I previously said: Fury is awkward, clumsy, and his act outside of the ring is kinda dumb. Fury is nowhere near Ali in terms of accomplishments, ability, and trash talking.

Floyd is closer to Ali than Fury is.

Comment

not a fan of fury and I think he's got more lbs than talent but he is a a character that sells...funny mofo too

Comment

Fury' fight are boring, specially the Klitschko one, but yea his personnality saves the day for him. I think Wilder fights are A LOT better.

Comment

He weighed less than 200 at one point in time, right? Didn't he start out as a light heavyweight?

No, weighing 220 pounds as a pro definitely does not make you a light heavy weight lol

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Acting like a pro wrestler instead of the heavyweight champion of the world may be excitement to you but it isn't excitement to me. His over the top display with Wilder after Wilder won his fight wasn't exciting. It was classless and uncalled for and as fake as a three dollar bill. He had no intention of fighting Wilder then and there for free. As a boxing fan my excitement comes from fights in the ring. His dominate win over Wlad was not exciting. Wlad was a good champion for many years. He fought all worthy challengers in a timely manner and defended his title often. He usually ended his fights by knock out. He did so without any sideshow theatrics or singing any unwanted songs to a captive audience. Fury is the true heavyweight champion of the world. He could act with dignity and let his fists do the talking like many heavyweight champions before him. He could also continue to act like a classless clown, an attention hog and an immature giant 10 year old bully.
                    Fury is the undisputed champion. Have some respect. As the champion you get to check the contenders lining up for a shot at the throne now and then, it comes with the territory, paper champs need to remember their place.

Comment

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
                      Funny thing is the day after a new heavyweight titlist is crowned and both David Haye and Deontay Wilder had fights, everyone is still talking about Tyson Fury. This is why he stands out from the pack. We finally have a legitimate champion bringing excitement back to the heavyweight division.
                      Well that might be overstating it a bit, but don't let me rain on your parade.

Comment

Working...
                      X