No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Not Fair For Canelo To Fight Guy As Big As Beterbiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
    Beterbiev has the style and powepowerfulr to hurt Canelo, that's the problem.

He just wouldn't be able to sustain that for 12 rounds.

Arthur vs. Gassiev or Usyk would be interesting.
    I keep seeing people call him "Arthur" but it's Artur. Show the man some respect. We don't call Deontay, Dante. Well Mike Tyson does but he's a special case lol.

Comment

Kovalev looks a bit bigger than Canelo, so that argument is not with merit. Kovalev is on the slide, but hits arguably almost as hard as Beterbiev. But yes, Artur us a tough fight for anyone. I saw an amateur fight where Usyk beat Beterbiev on points. Beterbiev can be hurt and outboxed, but he's deadly with his power. He is as Mayweather said about GGG, no special effects. But he sure has special power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpink70 View Post
        Arum: Not Fair For Canelo To Fight Guy As Big As Beterbiev. What kind of statement is that? Canelo is fighting Sergey Kovalev who is 6ft but Artur Beterbiev is only 5'11
        Kovalev is taller but Kovalev fought at LHW even from the amateurs. Beterbiev has fought at HW at amateurs.

He's the stronger built fighter of the two, plus clearly fresher.

I don't see how anyone from 175 and below is beating Beterbiev, he is a bear of a man and you basically have to knock him out cold to beat him. I don't think Canelo has that type of power.

Comment

Beterbiev is a bigger, strong and a fresher version of Golovkin. Who also hits way harder. Seeing the troubles Canelo had against Golovkin, you can safely deduce he would got obliterated by Beterbiev. It would damage the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk087 View Post
            No it's not fair. Beterbiev is too likely to beat Canelo. It's not the weight. Was Amir Khan fair? Were all those times his opponents weight drained while he rehydrated 20 to 25 lbs? Was that fair?
            They sucked every $$$ out of Canelo because he is Mexican and has (he's losing them) Mex fans
            Weight has everything to do with mayne, it's why we have weight classes.

Comment

Alvarez built his reputation on beating up smaller fighters he gets no sympathy

Comment

Originally posted by Phill lynott View Post
                Not fair for TR to keep the best LHW behind closed doors. Zurdo is not active and was promised big fights in this decision to leave his title and move up to LHW. Havent seen or heard anything about him. Too long of a layoff is never good. I've been watching Arum try to sabotage this kid for 2 years now. Hes the best TR has in the stable period! What is their problem it must be a personal thing. As a fan that aint fair. To boxing around the world that aint fair. So Arum shouldnt use the word fair in anything he speaks about!
                That's the matchup that I'd like to hear Arum mention - I'd think that would be a fight to make with Canelo trying out LHW.

As far as them sabotaging Zurdo - I don't think his style really connects with fans, he's never blown away anybody in any fight he's had and he's had plenty of TV appearances. Not sure what else they could have done - he's still kind of a "dark horse", not a bad position
                Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 10-21-2019, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Yeah Jacobs and Golovkin were clearly the weakest of 160. And Lara and Trout were the weakest of 154.
                  He lost to GGG twice *******.

What about liam smith and rocky fielding?

That's right sit down and shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
                    So much hate for Canelo when he has one of if not the best Resum in Boxing right now smh. Hate him all you want the his accomplishments are undeniable.

If you guys want to hate you can bring up the old news about the drug tests he failed. Other than that, You gonna end up looking stupid.
                    One of the best in boxing? You're full of ****..its littered with old fighters and paper champs. Paq did better than him against Mayweather! What does that tell you smart guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
                      So much hate for Canelo when he has one of if not the best Resum in Boxing right now smh. Hate him all you want the his accomplishments are undeniable.

If you guys want to hate you can bring up the old news about the drug tests he failed. Other than that, You gonna end up looking stupid.
                      One of the best in boxing? You're full of ****..its littered with old fighters and paper champs. Paq did better than him against Mayweather! What does that tell you smart guy?

Angulo.
                      Kirkland
                      Lopez
                      Cintron
                      Mosely
                      Jcc jr
                      Khan?

****in joke what you said.

Comment

Working...
                      X