Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Holmes Turns 70, Has One Wish: To Be Introduced at a Boxing Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homes doesn't get enough credit. I'm not a huge fan of his style but he was a real solid fighter. If he was noisy, or got attention in some other way, he'd be remembered differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Don't know if you're a troll of just a dumb fuk who has no clue what state Holmes was in back then.
      Just an admirer of both fighters. Why this kind of neurotically idiot response? Can you read?
      Last edited by Tatabanya; 11-16-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        Just an admirer of both fighters. Why this kind of neurotically idiot response? Can you read?
        You, "Tyson is GOAT" goofs shouldn't expect anyone to take you seriously.
        Holmes was 38, retired, hadn't boxed in 2 years, and had lost his last 2 fights. Educate yourself.

Comment

He looks great for a former heavyweight boxer at 70.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
            That young Tyson was able to destroy a great champion like Holmes as he did way back in 1988 should be enough to silence those who say that Iron Mike is overrated.

Even Holmes, in all his greatness, is still bitter for having been knocked out cold by Tyson. And yet, he went on to beat Ray Mercer, and gave Holyfield a good fight years later.
            Holmes had been retired for 2 years and was fat and old by the time he fought Tyson. Those other wins came after another comeback where he was pretty active. Ray Mercer is basically his only notable win after his initial retirement.

Comment

Respect for Holmes!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                You, "Tyson is GOAT" goofs shouldn't expect anyone to take you seriously.
                Holmes was 38, retired, hadn't boxed in 2 years, and had lost his last 2 fights. Educate yourself.
                I never said that Tyson is GOAT, did you read that while smoking your crack?

Facts: Larry Holmes is a great champion (I wrote it clearly in my post). Tyson is often described as "overrated". Holmes was never knocked out by anyone else except Tyson, even when he was fighting on a wheelchair at the tail end of his career.

So just because Holmes was retired for two years he had forgotten how to fight? What about Foreman, then? What about Tyson himself fighting again and winning titles after three years in prison?

Holmes is one of the best heavyweights in history, I'll say it again so you're happy. Tyson COULD have been one of the greatest, but he ended up as a wasted potential. Now, if you hate him that's your problem, not mine.

I saw those fights when they happened, BTW. How old were you in 1988, five? Eight?
                Last edited by Tatabanya; 11-16-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
                  Holmes had been retired for 2 years and was fat and old by the time he fought Tyson. Those other wins came after another comeback where he was pretty active. Ray Mercer is basically his only notable win after his initial retirement.
                  See my reply to Redd Fùck, buddy.

Comment

Not even just an announcement that he's in the crowd, I would like to see him get announced and brought into the ring just to wave to the crowd and take some applause. That used to be a thing back in the 70s and 80s but it's died out along with a lot of things in boxing.

Comment

Larry Holmes jab , toughness, skill set make him one of the greatest heavyweight champions of all time. He was also a very successful businessman.

Comment

Working...
                      X