Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo says I'm Rooting for the Mexican, how is that not Ethno-Nationalism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
    Stop using Black to define African-Americans. Black is not an ethnic group.
    I'm not going to do word salad, you can focus on terms if you want to though.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      People need to realize boxing is entrenched with racism/national pride and it's completely natural. Puerto ricans go for rican fighters, blacks for blacks, mexicans for mexicans, etc etc. Its only a problem when white people back other white fighters then it becomes RACISM!
      It's still not okay anyway its cut. Imo on this site alone it's less about white people and more about minorities being racists.

They will legit be racists to other races and then pull race cards. Its disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
        People need to realize boxing is entrenched with racism/national pride and it's completely natural. Puerto ricans go for rican fighters, blacks for blacks, mexicans for mexicans, etc etc. Its only a problem when white people back other white fighters then it becomes RACISM!
        Again with the stupidity. African Americans root for their own, just like I rooted for Bermane Stiverne when he fought Wilder. But I couldn't care less if Anthony Joshua got his head knocked out to another galaxy when he fought Povetkin. Now can you get that through your thick skull???

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
          I'm not going to do word salad, you can focus on terms if you want to though.
          Saying that Blacks root for Blacks implies that they are rooting based on race, and this is where much of the confusion comes from. Since we're talking about ethno-nationalism, then use the proper ethnic name for African Americans, unless you're cynically trying to spark debate.

Comment

Who cares?? as long as you are not slamming the other fighter saying racial slurs then root for who you want

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
              It's still not okay anyway its cut. Imo on this site alone it's less about white people and more about minorities being racists.

They will legit be racists to other races and then pull race cards. Its disgusting.
              Lol, how is it not OK to root for your people? AND I DON'T MEAN RACE

Comment

Lot of confused people in here.

Nationalism and racism have people very confused and can't wrap their head around the concepts.

Comment

Lol, how is it not OK to root for your people? AND I DON'T MEAN RACE
                  Canelo is Mexican and Mikey is Mexican-American.

Your people? They dont even know each other. They're not friends. They're not family. They're not even from the same country.

The ONLY thing that binds them is their race, Mexican, and their sport, boxing.

People and race are pretty interchangeable in this context. Let's not try to pretend otherwise.

I'm not saying Canelo is racist. I just think it's wrong to support someone because of only their color.

Imagine if some black people only supported black people and some white people only supported white people. Oh wait. That **** already happens. This is no different.

We have race problems because people allow these things to be okay. Maybe it was taken out of context I dont know I wasnt there.
                  When I watch boxing I couldnt care less what color the boxer is or where he is from. All I care about is what he does in the ring.

That's how it should be.

Comment

And of course you’re in the red cuzz the real racist hate it when non racist are prideful and make sense

Comment

They root even more when they're ethnically English. That's why **** stains like White Rhino and David Price are actually a thing over there.
                      Yeah, and AJ and Dillian "he ain't" Whyte and David Haye and ... oh, wait ..

Comment

Working...
                      X