Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utah Police Release Body Cam Footage of Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Otherwise than all the cops screaming orders at the same time I don't see a problem with the shooting.

I don't know what that dude was doing fidgeting so much with the right hand in his waist

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      trigger happy.
      they are taught not to take chances cuz criminals dont care....

unless you can explain what was he doing with his right hand near his pockets..... surely he wasnt getting keys for the car cuz it wasn't even his home

Comment

Originally posted by Switch Hitter93 View Post
        Think they should have tased him first and was three shots really necessary?
        while they "tased" him what if he whipped out a gun?

a taser doesnt work on everybody you know....

unless you didnt know

Comment

wow just look at these people spin this:

Utah Police Shoot And Kill 20-Year-Old Elijah James Smith As He Puts His Hands Up In Newly Released Bodycam Footage

https://blavity.com/utah-police-shoo...odycam-footage

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

unless you can explain what was he doing with his right hand near his pockets..... surely he wasnt getting keys for the car cuz it wasn't even his home
            Typically I am quick to criticize the police on shooting first and asking questions later but this guy was in someones home with kids in it. God only knows what his intent was. If this guy was out on the street and was just minding his own or didnt actually commit a crime in front of the officer, than thats a different story. But again this guy was 100% up to no good. The Cop did play judge and jury but the guy ultimately put himself in front of the firing squad.

Comment

i understand that, and i know this has been brought up and answered on here before but damm did they have to fire off that many rounds? i know cops are trained to shoot until the object is down but still use common sense......

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                Typically I am quick to criticize the police on shooting first and asking questions later but this guy was in someones home with kids in it. God only knows what his intent was. If this guy was out on the street and was just minding his own or didnt actually commit a crime in front of the officer, than thats a different story. But again this guy was 100% up to no good. The Cop did play judge and jury but the guy ultimately put himself in front of the firing squad.
                he was in the garage though. the danger wasnt that high. yeah he fcvked up by not putting both his hands up but those cops were still quick to shoot anyways.

Comment

while they "tased" him what if he whipped out a gun?

a taser doesnt work on everybody you know....

unless you didnt know
                  there's 2 officers there. one could use a taser while the other have his gun out ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    If you want to reduce the chance of being shot by cops simply do these 2 things: 1) stop breaking in to other peoples homes. 2) When you get caught do exactly as the officers instruct you to do, you have been busted. Simple as that and the punk would be alive today.
                    i dont understand why certain communities find this so difficut to understand ^.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      he was in the garage though. the danger wasnt that high. yeah he fcvked up by not putting both his hands up but those cops were still quick to shoot anyways.
                      No i get you and I rewatched like you said but I still see justification and the cop(s) getting off. Personally I think a Police Officer that kills a suspect (on accident) should have his badge taken at minimum. Imo this instance maybe he should be suspended and ordered to re-train before he is back on patrol. Honestly though the guy was in someones garage, and I get what you mean, it wasnt the highest of threat but 5 minutes later it couldve been much worse. There were children in that home.

Comment

Working...
                      X