Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people acting like Joshua is a proven ppv draw??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why the fight needs to be in he U.K. AJ is putting 90K asses in seats and earning over $15 million per fight. Why take a huge cut in pay and fight in front of 12K while risking a corrupt decision by Vegas judges?

Comment

He is not. He is just a regional phenom. Outside of the U.K. He is an unknown commodity among casual fans. He can probably sell PPVs within his own country. However other than that, nobody has even heard of him outside of boxing fans.

Comment

American stage isn't the same as 'world stage'. The vast majority of PPV's are 'American stage', the rest of the world wouldn't pay for them. The only real PPV I would call a global one was Mayweather-Pacquiao.

I know some people from the US find that hard to accept

Hearn might try to cash in some of the remaining US money whilst its still here, but with a booming UK sports economy, he'd be a fool to host his biggest fights away from the UK. The sponsorship money alone would probably bring him more money than US PPV sales...

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever
          He is not. He is just a regional phenom. Outside of the U.K. He is an unknown commodity.
          Spreading fake news as usual , are you mad .......... BRO ?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            He is not. He is just a regional phenom. Outside of the U.K. He is an unknown commodity among casual fans. He can probably sell PPVs within his own country. However other than that, nobody has even heard of him outside of boxing fans.
            Like the vast majority of American 'stars' then..

There are very few global boxing stars. Mayweather and Pacquiao, and to some extent Klitschko. The rest of them have mainly been regional (US) level stars

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              American stage isn't the same as 'world stage'. The vast majority of PPV's are 'American stage', the rest of the world wouldn't pay for them. The only real PPV I would call a global one was Mayweather-Pacquiao.

I know some people from the US find that hard to accept

Hearn might try to cash in some of the remaining US money whilst its still here, but with a booming UK sports economy, he'd be a fool to host his biggest fights away from the UK. The sponsorship money alone would probably bring him more money than US PPV sales...
              Hearn has already stated Joshua can only be a PPV fighter in the U.S if he regularly fights there ,outside of a Wilder U.S PPV thats not his plan at least in the U.S .

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                This is why the fight needs to be in he U.K. AJ is putting 90K asses in seats and earning over $15 million per fight. Why take a huge cut in pay and fight in front of 12K while risking a corrupt decision by Vegas judges?
                Good point especially about the judges. The Ortiz fight like many others with American fighters prove how difficult it is to get a fair shake wth the American fighter here.

Vegas always makes sense for the big ones but perhap not getting robbed and having all four belts is way better for Joshua's marketability.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Spreading fake news as usual , are you mad .......... BRO ?
                  LOL, Dude didn't I admit that I was wrong, retracted and apologized before the open forum, regarding my previous statements about Ortiz being Wilder's mandatory challenger in the process?

You are only saying this because you know that your straw man arguments doesn't hold any weight to the facts that I am conveying. AJ is indeed a local fighter. If you don't believe me, then let him test the open American PPV television market and see how just many casual fans will purchase his fights.

Comment

According to wikipedia, In the United Kingdom, the Klitschko vs Joshua fight set a domestic record for PPV buys with around 1.2 million[40], exceeding the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight.[41] In the U.S., the fight averaged 659,000 viewers on Showtime.
                    In comparison, the LA Times reported the Alvarez vs Golovkin fight generated 1.3 million domestic (American) PPV buys.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      Like the vast majority of American 'stars' then..

There are very few global boxing stars. Mayweather and Pacquiao, and to some extent Klitschko. The rest of them have mainly been regional (US) level stars
                      That's very true and I just so happen to agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                      X