No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Planning Ring Return With PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... OK... I liked Maidana... as I liked Matthysse as well... but I think that Maravilla Martinez was the actual Argentinian super-talent...
    For sure Sergio was a elite level talent whose natural athletic ability was unreal the fact he could reach the top of the sport while starting so late is crazy when you think about it , but didn’t
    He pick up the sport at 21

But I think It was Maidana who was winning everything as a AM and who always beat Matthysse whenever they fought each other on their way up, he was regarded as the guy
    Last edited by R_Walken; 02-09-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

What weight is he coming back at? Looks like he's been walking around as a Cruiser for the last few years. This seems like a big mistake.

Comment

Comment

As much as I love Maidana, I think it's a bad decision. Silk pyjama syndrome; a guy like Maidana needs to be hungry and angry to be efficient...

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            For sure Sergio was a elite level talent whose natural athletic ability was unreal the fact he could reach the top of the sport while starting so late is crazy when you think about it , but didn’t
            He pick up the sport at 21

But I think It was Maidana who was winning everything as a AM and who always beat Matthysse whenever they fought each other on their way up, he was regarded as the guy
            ... yes: "Marcos and Lucas faced each other four times in the amateurs. Marcos won three times and one time it was a draw."

Comment

At 1st I didn't believe it but he's in Vegas right now & he hired Ariza to be his strength & conditioning coach again. & Apparently ariza says his weight isn't as bad as people think. I'd love to see Chino back in the mix I hope he goes back to Robert Garcia though

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                Tyson fury had a layoff of about 2 and a half years. Maidana hasn't fought since September of 2014. Can he still be effective at 35 years old after a 4 and a half year absence? Won't be easy!
                Gotta also take into account that Maidanas been living the good life relaxing, resting his body, eating the best of the best food, & enjoying the fruits of his labor. Fury was abusing his body with drugs and alcohol. The body can do amazing things if you treat it right and remove the toxins

Comment

Originally posted by Sweden2716 View Post
                  I hope he has invested and saved the big paydays he made against Mayweather , that he is not coming back due to financial problems. Enjoyed him beating the sh.t out of Broner.
                  He's not broke just bored & inspired by his younger brother fighting & Furys comeback. Supposedly PBC was also offering him big money to come back for years and he must have finally bit on it.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                    He might have been doubly encouraged when he saw Lopez, the guy he KO'd in 6, almost stopped Thurman.
                    Berto out of prime K.O'd López in 6 too.

That does not mean sh.it

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                      He retired too early imo just as he was coming into his career best form. If fury can come back then why can't maidana?
                      Fury came back at 30 maidana is like 35. But it is possible we just gotta wait and see

Comment

Working...
                      X