No announcement yet.

So thats what all the hype was about?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
    The 'Superior Original Man' from the Serengheti been taking els (el oh el) all year fo sho!
    So which race of people won your imaginary race war competition for the year?

Comment

Both on the spectrum, very unmarketable. Talked as if they were ATGs after a few wins at USBA title level. Love to see these type of arrogant bums brought back to reality. Jermall may have escaped with his 0 but he's been found out.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        I credit them but the way these twins were hyped they should have walked through their opponents, well especially jermall. Struggling against past prime inactive korobov whos never done anything is probably worse than jermell losing to Harrison. Dontae had jermall knocking out ggg in a few rounds and hes not the only one.
        That's not really accurate. Technically Korobov was a former champion. But come on man. Charlo went from fighting a slick boxer to a more traditional european style boxer with like a week's preparation. Korobov had nothing to lose and fought his ass off. I think with more prep time Charlo wipes the floor with him. He almost had him out in the 12th.

I say he deserves a mulligan for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          The sad thing is ggg refuses to fight charlo. No excuse for that now because it looks like an easy win on paper for ggg. Charlo called him out.

Let’s see if ggg takes the fight now that he saw charlo struggle with korobov.
          Its not sad. Its business. Its a shame because I think Charlo is a very good fighter but there are much more meaningful fights out there for GGG. Struggling against a guy like Korobov isn't going to make the fight more marketable. Personally I think Charlo should get a mulligan for this one. He fought a much different style of fighter than he was preparing for one short notice. I think Korobov was a better opponent than Monroe as well. I think with more prep time Charlo gets him out of there. He almost did it in the 12th as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            With all due respect, I've been hearing that the one brother (I haven't bothered to tell them apart yet) got robbed. The other one won outright. It seems kinda strange to judge them based on a robbery and a win.

Everyone wants to write off such and such based on their performance with this one and that one.....they have to fight the fights. We'll see if these dudes can handle the top guys once they get in there with them. The key is how they perform when they get the fights, but hard to knock them for winning (even the brother that lost if he was indeed robbed).
            IMO Harrison lost . He would use his jab well in spots but Charlo was also pressuring behind his own jab . Although Harrison had better timing on his . It seemed as if he was on survival mode at times . Charlo was landing the more effective punches and almost had him outta there a few times.

The Charlo / Korobov fight was closer than the other IMO .
            Charlo couldn't get away from that left hand of Korobovs and when he would fire Korobov would counter .
            Although I still thought Charlo pulled it out Korobov did some good work and won 4 Maybe 5 rounds.

Comment

tony harrison>golovkin

Comment

"struggling against the likes of korobov isnt going to make a ggg fight more marketable"

yeah...knocking him out cold aint gonna make ggg wanna fight him either....so cut the BS fgts....either way it dont matter

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Is dontae one of those race baiting LDBC guys? Like some of the posters on here? If so I wouldn’t take or pay any attention to people like that.

Wilder and all fighters associated with LDBC took a hit when Charlo lost with his lions costume on. Once Wilder loses and Crawford defeats Spence they will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                    That's not really accurate. Technically Korobov was a former champion. But come on man. Charlo went from fighting a slick boxer to a more traditional european style boxer with like a week's preparation. Korobov had nothing to lose and fought his ass off. I think with more prep time Charlo wipes the floor with him. He almost had him out in the 12th.

I say he deserves a mulligan for this one.
                    Korobov took it at short notice and hasnt fought anyone half decent in years. The best guy he fought was b level andy Lee who took him out. Charlo was expected to demolish him not damn near lose.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                      Korobov took it at short notice and hasnt fought anyone half decent in years. The best guy he fought was b level andy Lee who took him out. Charlo was expected to demolish him not damn near lose.
                      Both guys took the fight on short notice but Charlo has been on national tv a lot so Korobov knew more about how he fought than Charlo knew of him. And he mentioned specifically that he wanted to fight on the card in case something happened and they needed someone to step in.

He had nothing to lose, fought his arse off and put on a hell of a show. But even an underprepared Charlo beat him and almost took him out. That's the difference between top level guys and B-level guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X