Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Tests Positive For Clenbuterol Ahead of Golovkin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    again...Manny has never in his entire career tested positive for PEDs

Canelo has tested positive.

and Manny didnt really have a issue with the testing like you think btw...

but..... even you must admit that is a lame excuse

everyone
    knows
    that
    Manny
    refused
    to
    undertake
    harmless
    blood
    testing

your excuse... is the evidence that most use to convict Manny lol

look, I am happy to leave it there..... we can agree to disagree, and my opinion is just that..... an opinion

all I am saying is... it is highly amusing to see such "outrage" from the very same people who happily looked the other way when Pac was doing his thing

your insistence that Pacquiao was clean because he never failed a drug test..... when you are well-aware that Manny refused random blood tests for FIVE YEARS..... is lame as hell

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      we actually covered this in an earlier post

mate, you are just making excuses

silly excuses, at that.....

that testing was the gold standard

1) the tests were completely harmless

2) no other fighter objected to those tests

3) those tests are no problem whatsoever for EVERY single Olympic Athlete

4) Pac could have simply agreed

5) guess what, Pac DID eventually agree to accept "Floyd's testing"..... which completely kills your argument..... because Manny could have accepted that same testing back in 2010..... and when he finally did agree to test in 2015, there was NO mention whatsoever of the 8 ridiculous "blockers" that Pac used for excuses back in 2010..... which is absolutely ridiculous

why did Pac's 8 ridiculous " blockers " suddenly disappear?

first, they were important enough to kill a super-fight over.....
      ..... then, they were not even important enough to mention, wtf?

6) when refused by Manny, Freddie Roach admitted people would find it suspicious

you have not provided one single reason to prevent Pac from simply agreeing in 2010, like he agreed in 2015, and like everyone else agreed to undertake..... and when Pac finally agreed to the gold standard, he did not die, or grow horns, or w/e

FACT: Pac could have simply agreed to harmless testing, but he refused

#excuses
      Even before the initial discussion, there is a video where Manny explains why and had his concerns .... not that hard to understand but he still agreed to test beforehand and later that year he was even going to agree to 14 then 7 then no cut off days. During that time, he still knocked down guys like Mosley, beat guys like Margarito to a pulp and even today, people are weary to exchange with Manny!!!

Actually when we found out that Floyd used BANNED IVs, he had a few excuses.

Floyd said that urinating and giving blood for tests , that were done about 10 days prior, had him so drained that he needed to take a couple of BANNED IV bags!!!

Ooops ..... Then USADA bailed out Floyd ......

In summary, Manny had a concern while Floyd actually used banned IVs .....

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Even before the initial discussion, there is a video where Manny explains why and had his concerns .... not that hard to understand but he still agreed to test beforehand and later that year he was even going to agree to 14 then 7 then no cut off days. During that time, he still knocked down guys like Mosley, beat guys like Margarito to a pulp and even today, people are weary to exchange with Manny!!!

Actually when we found out that Floyd used BANNED IVs, he had a few excuses.

Floyd said that urinating and giving blood for tests , that were done about 10 days prior, had him so drained that he needed to take a couple of BANNED IV bags!!!

Ooops ..... Then USADA bailed out Floyd ......

in summary, Manny had a concern while Floyd actually used banned IVs ......

none of that is true

they differed on 10 days.....

Mayweather (inexplicably) offered Pac a 14-day cut-off

no idea why, because there is no such thing as a cut-off date in Olympic Style Drug Testing..... that is a Manny-ism, Pac completely made that up

I had never heard of a " cut-off date " until Pac invented it

Pac refused 14-days, and demanded a 24-day cut-off.....
        https://www.boxingscene.com/mayweath...pv-wins--25356

24-days..... ya know, the exact amount of time it takes for a 3-week cycle and then a 3-day flush

come on man

lets leave it there, it is old news

all I am saying is..... pacfans should stop being so " outraged " (if that is what it really is) at Clenelo lol

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          none of that is true

they differed on 10 days.....

Mayweather (inexplicably) offered Pac a 14-day cut-off

no idea why, because there is no such thing as a cut-off date in Olympic Style Drug Testing..... that is a Manny-ism, Pac completely made that up

I had never heard of a " cut-off date " until Pac invented it

Pac refused 14-days, and demanded a 24-day cut-off.....
          https://www.boxingscene.com/mayweath...pv-wins--25356

24-days..... ya know, the exact amount of time it takes for a 3-week cycle and then a 3-day flush

come on man

lets leave it there, it is old news

all I am saying is..... pacfans should stop being so " outraged " (if that is what it really is) at Clenelo lol

1) Never heard of what?

Can you point me to Floyd Mayweather's 365 days a year testing protocol?

Can you point me to Floyd Mayweather'r testing protocol prior to that negotiation?

2) You never responded to Floyd's excuses which went counter to your previous post! Floyd thought that drug testing contributed to him requiring a BANNED IV!!! For Manny, it was just a concern!

3) So outraged?

Be it Canelo, Manny, Floyd ..... if you get caught, then you should be punished. Floyd should have been punished and so should Canelo. I cannot believe you and some other Floyd fans on this and Floyd's BS scandal. You guys were so concerned about someone allowed to cheat but now that Floyd cheated and Canelo cheated, you talk from the other side of your mouth!

Just because you are the golden goose for Nevada/boxing does not mean that you should be allowed to get away with cheating AFTER YOU GET CAUGHT!!!

Last edited by ADP02; 03-17-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
            What 5th rematch?

What is this clown talking about??

Juan Manuel Marquez enjoyed his 2012 pulverization of Manny Pacquiao so much the Mexican will do anything in his power to preserve it.

That includes turning down a truck load of cash to face his career nemesis for a fifth time a couple of years down from their final meeting.

Explaining his reasons for turning away the chance to make a massive nine-figure purse, Marquez said the risk out-weighed the reward of eventually getting one over the Filipino Senator.

"There was an offer for a fifth fight against Pacquiao in the Philippines for $100 million dollars, and I refused in order to keep my honor and the glory of the fourth fight from 2012," Marquez told ESPN Deportes.

"It's a lot of money - but honor, pride and what we did is more important than doing a fifth fight.

"Let's pretend that the fifth fight would happen. How about if I get robbed in the fight, we do not know what can happen, he's capable of hitting me with the right shot and hurting me badly.

"So I would place myself at risk. The glory and what we did in 2012 is worth more than that amount they were offering," he added.

Prior to 'that KO', Marquez had been the victim of highly debatable scoring in his previous three bouts with the 'Pacman' in 2004, 2008 and 2011.

Following what he considers his greatest win, Marquez would fight just two more times when losing to Timothy Bradley and beating Mike Alvarado but was linked to a comeback right up until 2017.

A clash with recently retired Puerto Rican legend Miguel Cotto seemed on the cards at one point, although it's unlikely 'Dinamita' will now attempt to return again at the ripe old age of 44.

18 December 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
              What 5th rematch?

What is this clown talking about??
              Max Kellerman didn’t truly assess Juan Manuel Marquez’s hard-fought victory over Mike Alvarado until the HBO cameras were turned off. “I’m always highly cynical when I see a guy who gets faster when he gets older,” he said.

Marquez_Alvarado_140517_005a-2
              Photo: Chris Farina/Top Rank

“There’s always that cloud of suspicion with a modern athlete who performs well and maybe differently as he gets to an advanced athletic age. That has certainly followed Marquez in recent years, particularly after the (fourth Manny) Pacquiao fight,” a contest Marquez won with a paralyzing knockout shot in the sixth round.

Kellerman made his remarks when he was interviewed on camera by Radio Raheem Saturday while fans cleared out after the fight at the Forum in Inglewood, California. Marquez, 40, is bigger and stronger, and his punches are at least as precise as they were when I used to watch him perform in his early twenties at the same venue.

If you looked closely at his muscular torso Saturday, you could see it was spotted with acne that struck him in middle age. Acne, which could occur naturally, can be a sign of steroid abuse.

We can’t know for sure why Kellerman waited until the HBO cameras were turned off before he made these remarks. He night not know himself. But the object of his suspicions was lining himself up for the possibility of another big HBO pay-per-view outing against Pacquiao.

Max spoke at the end of a hard night, when many of us are prone to let our hair down, when hard truths and nagging questions spill forth as though they have a will of their own. The interview was on youtube.com.

The pre-fight reality programming on HBO for Pacquiao-Marquez 4 in December 2012 showed Marquez doing squats with weights that looked the size of Volkswagens. Lots of men in their late thirties can lift such weights, but they don’t all report the next day for roadwork and a full sequence of intensive training worthy of a world-class prizefighter.

Marquez’s record against Pacquiao is 1-2-1. Each contest was controversial in some way. The first one, fought ten years ago in the featherweight division, ended in a draw because one judge, Burt Clements, admitted later he scored the first round 10-7 because he didn’t know he could score it 10-6 . Pacquiao knocked Marquez down three times in the round. Had Clements scored it correctly the outcome would have been a split decision for Pacquiao that might not have triggered a series.

Many boxing trainers believe that under normal conditions, when a fighter pumps himself up with heavy weights, he’ll lose both conditioning and speed in exchange for strength and bulk. But on Saturday Marquez’s punches snapped with precision as he worked up and down against valiant Alvarado, 33. Marquez seemed to get stronger as the fight went on.

It was before that last Pacquiao contest that Marquez began working with strength and conditioning coach Angel “Memo” Heredia, who began using an alias after testifying in numerous PEDs cases as a prosecution witness. Prosecutors let him walk away after he ratted out former associates, including Victor Conte. Heredia repeatedly admitted under oath that he supplied PEDs to numerous athletes in track and field and other sports and that he specialized in figuring out how to beat testing for PEDs.
              Conte, who served less than a year for his crimes, is, like Heredia, back in business, but they are definitely not pals. Both say they now work clean.

After Marquez weighed in for Alvarado, Conte tweeted, “Wonder if we may start 2 see betting odds suddenly change b4 future fights based upon pimples observed on a boxer at the weigh-in?”

Heredia gravitated more heavily into boxing after his PEDs reputation made him a marked man. Boxing, unlike team sports, has no league that can impose discipline against individual athletes. But Heredia’s reputation works two ways because none of the athletes he helped pump up with banned chemicals ever tested positive.

The California athletic commission, which supervised the bout on Saturday, has caught numerous athletes, mostly cage fighters, with illegal substances in their systems and handed out suspensions and fines. Still, the commission tests fall well below rigid standards imposed by VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association), the entity formed by Dr. Margaret Goodman, a former ring physician for the Nevada commission. Those tests cost thousands of dollars.

Marquez, asked why he’s looked better in recent performances than he did some 15 years ago, has indignantly denied any impropriety, pointed out that he tests clean, and threatened to sue accusers. Kellerman would no doubt agree that Marquez acted as an innocent man would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxfan7819 View Post
                Max Kellerman didn’t truly assess Juan Manuel Marquez’s hard-fought victory over Mike Alvarado until the HBO cameras were turned off. “I’m always highly cynical when I see a guy who gets faster when he gets older,” he said.

Marquez_Alvarado_140517_005a-2
                Photo: Chris Farina/Top Rank

“There’s always that cloud of suspicion with a modern athlete who performs well and maybe differently as he gets to an advanced athletic age. That has certainly followed Marquez in recent years, particularly after the (fourth Manny) Pacquiao fight,” a contest Marquez won with a paralyzing knockout shot in the sixth round.

Kellerman made his remarks when he was interviewed on camera by Radio Raheem Saturday while fans cleared out after the fight at the Forum in Inglewood, California. Marquez, 40, is bigger and stronger, and his punches are at least as precise as they were when I used to watch him perform in his early twenties at the same venue.

If you looked closely at his muscular torso Saturday, you could see it was spotted with acne that struck him in middle age. Acne, which could occur naturally, can be a sign of steroid abuse.

We can’t know for sure why Kellerman waited until the HBO cameras were turned off before he made these remarks. He night not know himself. But the object of his suspicions was lining himself up for the possibility of another big HBO pay-per-view outing against Pacquiao.

Max spoke at the end of a hard night, when many of us are prone to let our hair down, when hard truths and nagging questions spill forth as though they have a will of their own. The interview was on youtube.com.

The pre-fight reality programming on HBO for Pacquiao-Marquez 4 in December 2012 showed Marquez doing squats with weights that looked the size of Volkswagens. Lots of men in their late thirties can lift such weights, but they don’t all report the next day for roadwork and a full sequence of intensive training worthy of a world-class prizefighter.

Marquez’s record against Pacquiao is 1-2-1. Each contest was controversial in some way. The first one, fought ten years ago in the featherweight division, ended in a draw because one judge, Burt Clements, admitted later he scored the first round 10-7 because he didn’t know he could score it 10-6 . Pacquiao knocked Marquez down three times in the round. Had Clements scored it correctly the outcome would have been a split decision for Pacquiao that might not have triggered a series.

Many boxing trainers believe that under normal conditions, when a fighter pumps himself up with heavy weights, he’ll lose both conditioning and speed in exchange for strength and bulk. But on Saturday Marquez’s punches snapped with precision as he worked up and down against valiant Alvarado, 33. Marquez seemed to get stronger as the fight went on.

It was before that last Pacquiao contest that Marquez began working with strength and conditioning coach Angel “Memo” Heredia, who began using an alias after testifying in numerous PEDs cases as a prosecution witness. Prosecutors let him walk away after he ratted out former associates, including Victor Conte. Heredia repeatedly admitted under oath that he supplied PEDs to numerous athletes in track and field and other sports and that he specialized in figuring out how to beat testing for PEDs.
                Conte, who served less than a year for his crimes, is, like Heredia, back in business, but they are definitely not pals. Both say they now work clean.

After Marquez weighed in for Alvarado, Conte tweeted, “Wonder if we may start 2 see betting odds suddenly change b4 future fights based upon pimples observed on a boxer at the weigh-in?”

Heredia gravitated more heavily into boxing after his PEDs reputation made him a marked man. Boxing, unlike team sports, has no league that can impose discipline against individual athletes. But Heredia’s reputation works two ways because none of the athletes he helped pump up with banned chemicals ever tested positive.

The California athletic commission, which supervised the bout on Saturday, has caught numerous athletes, mostly cage fighters, with illegal substances in their systems and handed out suspensions and fines. Still, the commission tests fall well below rigid standards imposed by VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association), the entity formed by Dr. Margaret Goodman, a former ring physician for the Nevada commission. Those tests cost thousands of dollars.

Marquez, asked why he’s looked better in recent performances than he did some 15 years ago, has indignantly denied any impropriety, pointed out that he tests clean, and threatened to sue accusers. Kellerman would no doubt agree that Marquez acted as an innocent man would.
                real good post. the morons that are always crying about Manny being juiced leave out the fact that Marquez roided out of his mind almost killed Manny

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  1) Never heard of what?

Can you point me to Floyd Mayweather's 365 days a year testing protocol?

Can you point me to Floyd Mayweather'r testing protocol prior to that negotiation?

2) You never responded to Floyd's excuses which went counter to your previous post! Floyd thought that drug testing contributed to him requiring a BANNED IV!!! For Manny, it was just a concern!

3) So outraged?

Be it Canelo, Manny, Floyd ..... if you get caught, then you should be punished. Floyd should have been punished and so should Canelo. I cannot believe you and some other Floyd fans on this and Floyd's BS scandal. You guys were so concerned about someone allowed to cheat but now that Floyd cheated and Canelo cheated, you talk from the other side of your mouth!

Just because you are the golden goose for Nevada/boxing does not mean that you should be allowed to get away with cheating AFTER YOU GET CAUGHT!!!

what do your left-field questions have to do with the fact that you were wrong?

FACT: Pac was offered a 14-day cut-off
                  FACT: Pac refused

don't go re-writing history now willya

and your fake outrage is absurd

you don't give a **** about steroids, or else you would rule with WADA..... if you obstruct/refuse a test, YOU ARE GUILTY!!

Comment

• 4x experts said the positive result was consistent with tainted meat

despite that fact..... pac fanboys vehemently insist that Canelo was doping, as they vehemently insist that Pac was clean lol

NOT saying that Clenelo is clean

DEFINITELY saying that pac-spastics are full-of-shht

their outrage over steroids is funny as hell

once again, let the record show..... I am NOT saying that Canelo was clean, like the pac-spastics are insisting that Manny was clean

two-faced b1tches

Comment

• Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                      real good post. the morons that are always crying about Manny being juiced leave out the fact that Marquez roided out of his mind almost killed Manny

as usual, the morons who are crying about Marquez choose to forget the 1200+ punches that Pac threw at Clottey......

oh..... the 1200+ punches that Pac threw at Clottey, whilst looking as fresh as a daisy

come on son

Comment

Working...
                      X