Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders vs. Martin Murray on April 14, O2 Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, these 160 guys are gonna wait around for Canelo and GGG but they're gonn wait for awhile!

Canelo vs GGG likely will be a trilogy and i will be infuriated that guys like Charlo, Andrade, Jacobs, Saunders have not fought each other!

Was expecting Jacobs but of course he picks the washed up Murray!

Comment

Well, atleast he is trying to stay active. Murray isnt a bad call for for a busy fight.

Comment

What happened, they lose Jacobs and Charlo's number? To his credit he did take on Lemieux in his backyard, so he gets a pass for Murray. Not a very compelling fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          They couldn't give Jacobs a call?!
          That's why I was wondering if Murray was still with Hearn. Wasn't boxing politics the reason they said they couldn't make that fight?

Comment

Murray barely got by Rosado, but at the same time Saunders could have fought a much ****tier opponent than this. Good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              The fight is part of a world title double header as Terry Flanagan steps up in weight to face Maurice Hooker for the WBO super lightweight championship. Billy Joe Saunders will defend his WBO world middleweight title in a Battle of Britain' against Martin Murray on April 14, exclusively live on BT Sport. The 28-year-old goes into the contest on the back of the biggest win of his career after he produced a masterclass in his one-sided victory over David Lemieux in Canada.
              [Click Here To Read More]

I like Murray..... cool guy, very good fighter

good to see him get another shot

Comment

What about Daniel Jacobs? Jermall Charlo? Demetrius Andrade? they would've been a lot more intriguing fights than Murray especially against Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by scarybodyshot View Post
                  I hope Murray wins! He'd love a crack at taking GGG 12 rounds to get a controversial loss.
                  ggg already stopped murray easily once before. there was nothing controversial about it.

Comment

Business wise, its a good move. Stay busy fight against a non punching over the hill fellow Brit.
                    Legacy wise, after a career best performance, he should be aiming a bit higher. (Top 10 middleweight).

Comment

Murray is a much better fighter than Lemieux

Lemieux just has those heavy hands

not sure about his recent form, haven't seen him fight for a couple of years..... but Murray could beat a higher level opponent than Lemieux ever could

a good home-grown fight for Saunders as he waits for Canelo..... ooops, I mean..... as he waits for the winner

Comment

Working...
                      X