No announcement yet.

Gloves for big punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
    Most use 16oz Winnings for training and sparring.
    I thought most would of worn the same weight they use to fight to train

Comment

Originally posted by welsh_rarebit View Post
      I thought most would of worn the same weight they use to fight to train
      I'm sure they'll use lighter gloves to train in during the late stages of a fight camp, but protection of the hands is more important as their hands are their livelihoods.

Comment

I have 16oz Rival RS10V-Optima glvoes that I love. I've had them for about a year and had knuckle and hand pain with every other glove that I've used before that.

You could also try wrapping around one of those Winning knuckle guards when you do your wraps, some guys at my gym do that.
        Thanks for the tip, man. I'm travelling to the US for work in late June (currently living in Brazil) so will definitely be adding the Winning knuckle guards to my shopping list.

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
          Thanks for the tip, man. I'm travelling to the US for work in late June (currently living in Brazil) so will definitely be adding the Winning knuckle guards to my shopping list.
          WINNING Knuckle Guards Ng2
          You can grab em on Amazon (idk if that's a thing in Brazil?), they're like $20 USD. Put them around your knuckles and then wrap your hands like normal.

Comment

Ring to cage or top boxer...anyone used gloves made by these ?

Comment

Title Gel World Bag Gloves are what I use. They weigh about 22oz, the larges. It feels like a microfiber towel inside of the glove, they're made well. You can score a pair for about 50 bucks these days used.

I've worn out a pair of Cleto Reyes 16oz black lace ups i'm looking to get repaired. Those were my favorite so far.

I wore out a pair of those old school mexican color Grants you could get at Academy 15 years ago, remember those? That was a damn good glove for the money!

Comment

I should probably get me my own pair of gloves too...

I use the pair of gloves my coach brings, now more specifically for my use, to the gym, but I think they're too big. I never really paid attention to the type or what brand it is, probably a local brand. We tend to keep local as much as possible. Interesting... I should just ask my coach to help me pick a pair out for me and drop the types you guys have and see what he says.

I just don't want to deal with the jokes I'll for sure get... As it is they think it's funny I wear kids length handwraps.

Comment

Just bought a pair of Ringside IMF Tech gloves ($50 on Amazon) as a replacement pair. Definitely felt more protected than with my pair of 16oz Cleto Reyes but still need to break them in. Landed big punches without hurting my hands which was great!

Comment

WINNING Knuckle Guards Ng2
                    You can grab em on Amazon (idk if that's a thing in Brazil?), they're like $20 USD. Put them around your knuckles and then wrap your hands like normal.
                    There's another version out now, on amazon, I got lucky and paid 8.95 for the last one yesterday and now its 20 from the other vendor (chaos boxing
                    https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...2730440&sr=8-3) . The gel is less soft - my pair came in today but I have yet to try them, but it's smilar to the ng2. they're black. reviews say the winnings version is softer. these would be great to 'sew' into a homemade 'bag glove' done right... im gonna learn how to make a glove eventually, I just know it. I saw this unique heavy bag in Ricky Nunez video about 500 .00 pac thurman bets, its blue with a huge circular top that funnels down to a tiny little bubble where the cup area is, but its good versatile heavy bag I haven't seen ANYWHERE. So I wanna make bags too. I am about to post about it because I need one for myself. it looks effective. I want a good pair of heavy bag gloves, I'm talking about bag gloves, not boxing gloves

Just ordered some of those Winnings handwraps. I think they're 172" . hype about em. bout all I can afford from them right now ~ but if I went with their gloves, I'd first find an authentic Winnings vendor (If you know one please PM or post here) and first get an authentic pair of their regular bag gloves. the authentic winnings bag gloves are a good pair of gloves to have. someone has a yellow pair on ebay for 80 clams, 80 clams for some used bag gloves. from a reputable dude. they're not much more than the 80.00 cletos either, new they are 120 - but there are two different cleto bag gloves. The one that seems to be sold out in the larger sizes says PROFESIONAL in larger print at the top of the label on the cuff. Why this glove is more sought after, I'm not sure.
                    Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 07-09-2019, 11:06 PM.

Comment

I'd go for thai gloves, Softest and Most pillow like gloves i've ever worn would be from Top King, or Twins 16 oz.. Only difference between MT gloves and Boxing gloves are the Thumb part is detached anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X