No announcement yet.

The Andy Ruiz appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Andy Ruiz appreciation thread

Ruiz is clearly a nice guy who’s easy to root for. He’s always kind when interviewed and never makes comments that make him unlikeable. His dad bod and candy bar obsession make him easy to associate with and root for. He’s a guy who had the amateur experience and wins by being a boxer, not by being a big punching athletic freak. Meaning he’s at the top of the game because he put in the work to perfect the craft of boxing. He also stepped up to the plate, made the Joshua fight on short notice and won. Many people wouldn’t do that. The first Mexican-American heavyweight champion is another great story.

Here’s to Andy Ruiz. It’s refreshing to have a champion who everyone can agree is a nice guy, who can box and will fight anyone.

Best fundamentals in the division, maybe the best chin. I don't think he'll be champ for long but I hope he stashes some loot, gets out healthy and the Ruiz family is set for several generations.

Comment

Snickers needs to give dude a endorsement deal. Dude says he's been eating a snickers before every fight since he was a kid & dude is like 183-6 lifetime, am + pro.

But yea he's a super nice cat & a great representative for boxing.

Comment

Yeah props to the man. Definitely didn't think he would beat AJ but he showed up and showed out in that fight. Going in I thought the only advantage he had over AJ was speed and that was shown in the fight plus more. AJ would lean in with a shot slow as heck and not get back and Ruiz would pounce on him. Great gameplan and execution by Ruiz as well as a good chin. He took that knockdown from AJ, got back up and went to work. He also seems like a good guy outside the ring and he's pretty funny from the interviews I've seen. Congrats to the man, he made history.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          Best fundamentals in the division, maybe the best chin. I don't think he'll be champ for long but I hope he stashes some loot, gets out healthy and the Ruiz family is set for several generations.
          Great point about Ruizs chin. That left hook that dropped him would of had any other heavyweight out for the count.

Comment

Yeah well done Andy Ruiz new unified heavyweight champion of the world. 1st Mexican too, what took them so long? He took this fight on short notice, was nothing but a gent throughout and then he did the business big time, BIG TIME, when it was time to go to work. What more can you say. Oh as im a bitter AJ fan there is more. I keep hearing the term "Gambling on himelf" and fighters keep claiming they are doing that while not taking the big fights. Andy Ruiz gambled on himself, took the big fight and it has paid out huge. I dont really undestand what ever the other version of that term is if they are not taking the big fights and winning belts
            Last edited by DaNeutral.; 06-03-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Snickers needs to give dude a endorsement deal. Dude says he's been eating a snickers before every fight since he was a kid & dude is like 183-6 lifetime, am + pro.

But yea he's a super nice cat & a great representative for boxing.
              I read earlier Snickers said they send him a very "nice package." Im assuming its either a lifetime supply of snickers, an endorsement or both...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                I read earlier Snickers said they send him a very "nice package." Im assuming its either a lifetime supply of snickers, an endorsement or both...
                I heard it was just a bunch of snickers.

He needs a snickers ad. Snickers needs to put their logo on his trunks. Buy the middle of the ring advertisement. Put some skin in the game snickers you cheap mfer.

Comment

He eats like a mfer to be putting on that weight but you can clearly see he's in GREAT shape for a fat guy.

Some dudes you see they look sluggish, slow, they gas fast, not Ruiz, **** AJ gassed 10x faster than Ruiz. That's not by accident, the dude puts in work, you can't be that big & that skilled, conditioned to do what he did.

He's also got some of the fastest, most powerful hands I've see since Mike Tyson. The velocity on his punches & sheer amount of weight behind them, this dude can throw bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                    Yeah well done Andy Ruiz new unified heavyweight champion of the world. 1st Mexican too, what took them so long? He took this fight on short notice, was nothing but a gent throughout and then he did the business big time, BIG TIME, when it was time to go to work. What more can you say. Oh as im a bitter AJ fan there is more. I keep hearing the term "Gambling on himelf" and fighters keep claiming they are doing that while not taking the big fights. Andy Ruiz gambled on himself, took the big fight and it has paid out huge. I dont really undestand what ever the other version of that term is if they are not taking the big fights and winning belts
                    We r small people lol! But we are evolving and getting bigger.

Comment

Working...
                    X