Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loma vs Crolla sold over 5K tickets. Produces a little over $500k gate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't expect much fighting British no hopers over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I mean I tend to doubt it got discussed very seriously myself behind the scenes if at all, but it seemed like a makeable fight if Bob legit tried to make it.

But my main point is Bob isn't the guy who's gonna be able to make that sorta fight very often even if he tried to cuz of how he operates & how lowball-ish he is with guys's value or how he wants options if he pays a guy his value. Thats a problem with these name guys specifically PBC/Haymon guys who don't seem to take to wanting to be in long term deals with promoters.

And I do wonder what Mikey's recent fights did in gate revenue. I think he increased his value with a nice clip with the Broner fight, but I'd like to see it in real numbers to get a better idea of it & if its legit.
      I'll see if I can get the commission report for the Easter Jr fight. What other fights are you interested in seeing? Lipinets in SA?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        I'll see if I can get the commission report for the Easter Jr fight. What other fights are you interested in seeing? Lipinets in SA?
        Nice.

Yea Lipinets for sure too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Nice.

Yea Lipinets for sure too.
          Texas is really good at getting back to you. I got the Spence/Garcia report in like three or four days. This shouldn't be a problem. I'll send out an request shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
            You mad
            ***** mad

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              I think it probably has more to do with the fact that the revenue will be a lot higher in the UK with the gate, UK ppv and rights fees from ESPN

Also Loma is going to have those odds with most fighters, Campbell is better than Crolla, he blows a little hot and cold, but if he's on I would put him on a similar level to Linares
              That is only the case because its an easy fight that Americans are not likely to support. The Brits will support because Campbell is a native son.

Campbell is not better than Crolla.

Loma has those odds because he is great but also because he is choosing weak opponents for his last 2 fights. Remember this is a fight Bob engineered (based on the story posted on this site) when he petitioned the WBC on behalf of Loma to be placed in the vacant title fight.

Lopez has a slightly better chance but the difference is American crowd would be more willing to watch that fight than Campbell, who they either don't know and perceive as extremely weak just like Crolla.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-16-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Loma fought Linares for a belt, Pedrazza for a belt, Crolla was mando, Cambell for a belt. Last two fights were against weak opponents? He is fighting belt holders or for a vacated belt, Mikey's. If you call those weak opponents you know **** about boxing. World champions.
                Last edited by TarasMarcenko; 04-21-2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TarasMarcenko View Post
                  Loma fought Linares for a belt, Pedrazza for a belt, Crolla was mando, Cambell for a belt. Last two fights were against weak opponents?
                  Crolla is weak for sure and Cambpell hasn't accomplished anything in the sport or beat anyone noteworthy.

Comment

Working...
                  X