Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on your ATG list? Lennox Lewis or Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather is chump

Comment

Floyd. Far better fighter.

Comment

lennox never jumped divisions mhua though he did dominate his.

and Money never dominated even one division mhua but won titles in several.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Floyd. Far better fighter.
          I'm a big Lewis guy myself and in most mythical match ups, I tend to favor him damn near against everyone in history lol. But yeah, Floyd is a true all timer, one of the best fighters EVER. TBE? No, but a top 20-30 fighter of all time. For as great as Lewis is, he's not that.

Comment

What Lewis did that Floyd did not, was take on all challengers, never ducked a fighter in his career. He was an Olympic gold medal winner as well, beating Riddick Bowe who ducked him as a pro. He was also an undisputed champion at HW, something Floyd never achieved despite being a champion in five weight classes. Lewis avenged both of his losses, so he didn't leave any unfinished business behind.

Looking at resumes, they each fought top opposition in their respective weight classes, but Lewis fought several of them who were still at their best or in their prime. Floyd not so much. That said, I tend to mark down HWs when ranking them as ATGs or on a P4P basis. Particularly very large HWs such as Lewis who typically had a distinct size and weight advantage over many of his opponents. I would rank Floyd slightly higher in the ATG rankings based upon his body of work in five weight classes and superior boxing skills.

Comment

Floyd, but Lennox was great as well

Comment

I would rank Floyd higher on my P4P list, but I would rank Lewis higher as one of the best fighters in his weight division all-time.

It's close, though.

Comment

He who didn't get KOed gets the nod.

For Lennox's credit he did beat everyman he faced. He took the rematches and beat the other guy

Comment

Floyd obviously based on his overall body of work. Way more title fight wins in way more division against way more world titlists.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      I'm a big Lewis guy myself and in most mythical match ups, I tend to favor him damn near against everyone in history lol. But yeah, Floyd is a true all timer, one of the best fighters EVER. TBE? No, but a top 20-30 fighter of all time. For as great as Lewis is, he's not that.
                      Lewis was an all time great HW but Floyd is an ATG fighter. I always rooted against Lewis but I always respected how skilled he was for a giant HW. Very difficult to beat.

I’m not a fan of Floyd’s whatsoever, but I’d possibly consider him a top 10 all time fighter. Definitely not TBE though, only the deluded TMT morons who think boxing started in ‘96 believe that.

Comment

Working...
                      X