Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Briedis Knocks Glowacki Out in Wild Fight, For WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See everybody? This teaches us to watch all high level boxing, not just guys with big names.

Comment

• Mairis "King of Muay Thai" Briedis, this is one of the most amazing things ive seen in boxing ever, Mairis is one dirty a$$ cop, i love it hahahha (:

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
        Glowacki is getting a lot of backing on here but honestly he got away with that intentional rabbit punch and got no deduction..... he fucked up and got ktfo.
        That rabbit punch was brutal. Bredis retaliating was justified imo.

Comment

• ... So: WBC was right not to sanction this fight... good premonition...

Comment

• Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
            You should honestly try to commentate. Your emotion is contagious

"The bell is gone!"
            Thank you, glad other people can enjoy it as much as I can! My secret is to go to sleep with headphones in and "Sweet Caroline" playing on a loop so I hear it subconsciously in my dreams

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
              Glowacki is getting a lot of backing on here but honestly he got away with that intentional rabbit punch and got no deduction..... he fucked up and got ktfo.
              I'm actually OK with the way Briedis retaliated.

When you get hit blatantly hit behind the head like, which was a very dirty shot by Glowacki, I think it's fair game to retaliate any way you want to whether it's a Low blow, a rabbit punch, headbutt or even elbow. I see boxers do that all the time.

The big issue in this fight was what happened when the bell went off. Now if Glowacki stopped fighting and Briedis didn't and Briedis dropped him I think that should be a NC. However, if Glowacki was also fighting with Briedis and got dropped after the bell, then it's fair game.

In this case Glowacki didn't stop fighting imo. I think they should let the result stand.

Comment

• They should have dismembered Byrd in the ring right there and then.

Takes only one point for an intentional elbow. Doesn't give the fighter any time to recover.

Doesn't hear the bell to end round 2. Glowacki gets dropped badly a second time about 10 seconds after the round actually ended.

Calls the fight off after round 2 finally ends. Then magically it's apparently not off as the fighters start round 3.

Literally put a cap in Byrd's head right now. These guys are risking their lives and this kind of incompetent officiating can get men killed. This isn't basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                  That rabbit punch was brutal. Bredis retaliating was justified imo.
                  ... a baseball bat was needed...

Comment

• Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                    See everybody? This teaches us to watch all high level boxing, not just guys with big names.
                    Most fights with big names disappoint anyway.

The 2 best fights I have ever seen were in half empty arenas in Morales vs Barrera 1 and Corrales vs Castillo.

Comment

• These are BIG NAMES in Boxing, Briedis has been a big name since he knocked out Charr in the First Round.

Comment

Working...
                      X