• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    We're in agreement on that.
    Good to know I'm not the only one!

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
      yeah it seems a but much before sparring. Especially to actually "work" on things during sparring, would make sense to be fresh. I usually only do a few rounds of shadow boxing before sparring then get some extra work in after sparring if I'm feeling good.
      Same here. I spar with my trainer who happens to be a pro MMA fighter so I can't afford to start dropping hands or losing focus because of fatigue. We do 30 minutes of intense cardio (jump-rope and treadmill) before every training session as a warm-up but 1h and 45m before sparring is just another level.

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
        Jesus - how does sparring feel after 90 to 105 minutes of training? I'd honestly struggle to get past six rounds after 30 to 40 minutes of cardio.
        It ain't easy I usually do between 3 - 6 rounds but I'm tired by round 3. I'd much rather spar fresh myself after a warm up but this is the way they have trained at the gym for the last 16 years so I ain't going to change that and the main coach trained both fury and Joshua at one point plus he was a coach for team GB

Comment

Originally posted by welsh_rarebit View Post
          It ain't easy I usually do between 3 - 6 rounds but I'm tired by round 3. I'd much rather spar fresh myself after a warm up but this is the way they have trained at the gym for the last 16 years so I ain't going to change that and the main coach trained both fury and Joshua at one point plus he was a coach for team GB
          Damn dude - seems like you're doing great for yourself. Congrats! If you're training with the former coaches of world champions then the routine you posted a couple of weeks back is immediately more understandable. Keep at it and best of luck going forwards.

Comment

Working...
          X