Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Ortiz shot in the Dominican Republic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there is another video circling around about the shooter getting beaten up by Ortiz's entourage before the shooting.

Comment

There have been a lot of suspicious deaths and assaults in the DR in recent news. American tourists dying under suspicious circumstances (poisoned?) at resorts and a women who was beaten, raped and left for dead on resort grounds as well. I understand people want to go on cheap vacations, but the cost savings just isn't worth it.

Comment

Sad news. Who would want to murder this guy?

Dudes one of the nice guys.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          No word on a big Papi’s condition yet.

Former Major League Baseball star David Ortiz was shot and wounded Sunday at a club in the Dominican Republic, reports said.

The retired Boston Red Sox slugger was taken to a local hospital in Santo Domingo. His condition is unclear.

“They called to tell me that David is injured and that they took him to a medical center, but they did not tell me how he is or exactly where he was transferred,” his father, Leo, told ESPN via telephone from the Dominican Republic.

“At the moment, everything is confusing. I’m trying to find out where they took my son,” Ortiz added.

Dominican National Police spokesperson Durán Mejia told CNN that Ortiz, 43, was shot in the back at the Dial Discotheque in Santo Domingo.

Local reports said Ortiz, 43, was shot in the leg during an attempted robbery.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/09/ex-red...ican-republic/
          Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Should have listened to Trump and avoided shathole countries.
          Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
          Just saw video footage. It was an assassination attempt.
          Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
          RIP, cuz..
          Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
          Dominican Republic is a shiat hole. Avoid at all costs.
          Originally posted by DJrabit View Post
          And U.S is so safe with all its mass shootings
          Originally posted by A.K View Post
          Dominicans shoot over a dime sac
          Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          I would take America any day of the week over DR. Domincans don't even want to be there come on now.

You probably live in the USA.
          Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          Dont believe the media hype

Trying to up ratings and push the gun control agenda

U.s. homicide rate has been at its lowest 2000-2010s since the 1950s

U.s. is not a safe, quiet country but it's not a dangerous country either

Certainly not to the level of south America and africa
          Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          I think there is another video circling around about the shooter getting beaten up by Ortiz's entourage before the shooting.
          There have been a lot of suspicious deaths and assaults in the DR in recent news. American tourists dying under suspicious circumstances (poisoned?) at resorts and a women who was beaten, raped and left for dead on resort grounds as well. I understand people want to go on cheap vacations, but the cost savings just isn't worth it.
          Originally posted by JJRod View Post

Dudes one of the nice guys.
          this is about a female. a jealous ex of a chick ortiz is banging hired this shooter to take out ortiz. shooter might be police.
          Last edited by SterlingStained; 06-10-2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
            Probably a Yankees fan.

Comment

Comment

"Former Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz had to have parts of his intestines and colon, as well as his gallbladder, removed after being shot in his native Dominican Republic, according to reports".

Report goes on to say he suffered liver damage. Operation took 6 hours. Doctors say he is going to recover.

Comment

i have been broken up over this. terrible. there's no reason to go that country, and papi is too big to be hanging out in public with no security surrounding him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    "Former Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz had to have parts of his intestines and colon, as well as his gallbladder, removed after being shot in his native Dominican Republic, according to reports".

Report goes on to say he suffered liver damage. Operation took 6 hours. Doctors say he is going to recover.
                    My best friend suffered very similar injuries from a bullet to the back. Ortiz is in for a lifetime of health challenges but he should be able to recover and live a normal life.

Comment

That sounds like fear mongering type sh^t. Too many US people are scared to leave the country cuz of silly sh^t that could happen a block from their house.

The US is dangerous in the wrong areas too. If you live in a bad area of the US & go to a good area of DR or other countries you'll be safer than at home typically. If you go to the bad area in any country you are taking risks. And as a foreigner, just like in the US, you are likely at greater risk.

Comment

Working...
                      X