Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people pretend like Tyson Fury didn't clearly beat Deontay Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    why are you so concerned with the opinions of posters on a message board? you're basing your whole argument on what gets posted here. wilder didn't lose on paper, he still has the belt, so people thinking fury beat him isn't all that relevant in terms of doing a mega fight for the undisputed hw championship.

what hearn offered wilder and what dazn offered are 2 completely separate things...you know this. what point are you trying to make anyway? that wilder convincingly beat fury and everyone knows it, so his value has skyrocketed? or that wilder was worth way more that 12-15mil, so the dazn offer proved wilder was low balled?

I know all this stuff probably sounds good to you, but take into consideration that maybe you're not as smart as you think you are. we all fall victim to the dunning-kruger effect...being able to recognize it is something else.

its a boxing board....if we werent concerned about others opinions(you seeming to be concerned with mine as well) we wouldnt be here.....

my point is simple and obvious...if wilder was obviously beaten and embarrassed, as some claim, his value doesnt triple because of that fight......it was a close fight...i could tell you, as a wilder fan, that i scored the fight for fury and it doesnt matter if i scored it tight.....because thats what it was...a closely contested fight

for people to run around here and say the winner was obvious and "clearly" is insanse and idiotic....people beaten obviously and clearly dont see their value triple overnight because of it

its a simple and obvious point...but because it goes against aj and the hearniacs you dont wanna see it

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      its a boxing board....if we werent concerned about others opinions(you seeming to be concerned with mine as well) we wouldnt be here.....

my point is simple and obvious...if wilder was obviously beaten and embarrassed, as some claim, his value doesnt triple because of that fight......it was a close fight...i could tell you, as a wilder fan, that i scored the fight for fury and it doesnt matter if i scored it tight.....because thats what it was...a closely contested fight

for people to run around here and say the winner was obvious and "clearly" is insanse and idiotic....people beaten obviously and clearly dont see their value triple overnight because of it

its a simple and obvious point...but because it goes against aj and the hearniacs you dont wanna see it
      It’s actually not a solid point at all. Are you saying his stock rose 3 fold because he got a controversial draw in a “close fight” that even wilder fans admit he should have lost? Does that make much more sense than what you’re arguing against?

Comment

I had it 7 rounds to 5 for Fury. 113-113 after the knockdowns. A draw was the correct result. Deontay was one more 12th round KD away from bringing the lineal title back to the U.S. for the first time since Hasim Rahman KO'd Lennox Lewis. So close.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          No, to me he won four rounds so my math isn't flawed. I didn't say he just won the KD rounds.
          I know. That's the problem. Because that's ALL Wilder won clearly and you know it.

Comment

I mean we've discussed this already, and it was said PERFECTLY by this post:

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            Same card as you, including the 9th as a 10-9 round. You don't automatically get at a 10-8 round for getting take to school, putting a guy down, and then having him get up and go right back to schooling you.
            I did give Wilder 10-8 twice, but ultimately, we saw a one-sided boxing clinic with one flash knockdown, one legit knockdown. Those were the only rounds Wilder won clear and people on here know it.

Problem is, cats on here ignore jabs. You remove jabs, all of a sudden Wilder looks dominant. That's not how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              I know. That's the problem. Because that's ALL Wilder won clearly and you know it.
              You make no sense. Even if you thought Wilder only won two rounds, the score would be 116-110 NOT 116-112.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                Why is that? Fury clearly won that fight, only a moron could think otherwise. Seems lately there are a lot more people changing their opinion to it being a close fight. Is there an agenda behind it?
                There’s always an agenda behind it. That’s boxing&fans 101.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                  It’s actually not a solid point at all. Are you saying his stock rose 3 fold because he got a controversial draw in a “close fight” that even wilder fans admit he should have lost? Does that make much more sense than what you’re arguing against?
                  im arguing with a guy that said "i dunno why you are concerned with other peoples opinions" as he replies to/quotes me on a boxing forum.....so i guess ur right im the idiot because someone who cant understand why were all here isnt someone who deserves my attention in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    You make no sense. Even if you thought Wilder only won two rounds, the score would be 116-110 NOT 116-112.
                    Stay with me here.

Fury wins 10 rounds. That's 118. Gets dropped in two rounds. That's 116.

The EQUIVALENT of four rounds is 112. The actual # of rounds is 2 (110), but you add two for the knockdowns - gets you to 116-112. As EQUIVALENT rounds.

The only way you get to 116-110 is if Fury got dropped four times!

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      Stay with me here.

Fury wins 10 rounds. That's 118. Gets dropped in two rounds. That's 116.

The EQUIVALENT of four rounds is 112. The actual # of rounds is 2 (110), but you add two for the knockdowns - gets you to 116-112. As EQUIVALENT rounds.

The only way you get to 116-110 is if Fury got dropped four times!
                      Stop embarrassing yourself. Why would Wilder get extra points for his two KDs? You can only get 10 maximum points in a round period.

So you had it 10 rounds to 2 Fury.

If there were no KDs then the score would be 118-110. But since Fury got dropped twice, he loses two points and it becomes 116-110.

It's you that needs to "stay with me here."

Comment

Working...
                      X