Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you feel that Tyson was justified in biting off Holyfield's ear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Granath View Post
    Because you can't accidentally bite someone.

Headbutts and low blows can always be seen as excusable acts. How do you tell the difference between a clash of heads and a headbutt? Robbie Barrett certainly can't. How do you tell the difference between a low blow and one that perhaps was slightly blocked to be low? These things, especially if done in a subtle manner, are actually pretty difficult to detect. Holyfield was really good at butting people and making it look accidental. Tyson was good at throwing elbows. Andre Ward is skilled at all sorts of technically illegal acts. But these things are all plausible as accidents.

Bites are not. You quite literally have to get your mouthpiece out of the way, open your mouth and bite down hard. There's no way to plausibly do this in an accidentally manner. Just like you could plausibly step on someone's foot but you can't plausibly kick them in the nuts. And when it's no longer plausible it can only be classified as pure and simple cheating. Hence the different (not double) standard.
    Wow. In all seriousness that is a solid explanation. I have to agree with you completely.
    I always questioned the Tyson verdict with Miss Washington when William Kennedy Smith got away no punishment

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      Did Tyson go to prison for rape?

What’s the likelyhood of a younger less disciplined version of Tyson with easier tendencies of teen hornyness to have hanged up on one of Atlas’ relatives?

Was it his niece? I thought Tyson approached his daughter. Does it even matter which family member it was?

Why defend that?
      I have to ask, in what world does a woman go to a superstars hotel room of her own accord at 3-4am just to have a "chat" and then wait 12 hours to report being raped?

Everything about that case was bull**** and Tyson was found guilty by character along with not being educated outside of boxing at the time I could even see the police actually convincing him what he did was rape.

Comment

Step aside peasant.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Yes, how delightfully refreshing for boxers take matters into their own hands by biting their opponents ears off. How about they just fight back with the same dirty tactics instead of something so drastic as biting off body parts?
          Once the opponent starts fighting dirty you have to show him you could also do it and worse.just look what happened to kovalev in his rematch with ward mathyse against garcia agbeko vs mares they didn't do anything to help themselves instead they thought the referee would do his job

Comment

yes, i believe so

Comment

yes and no. Holy deserved some retaliation but biting is fuked up. Tyson should have put an uppercut on Holy's nuts instead.

Comment

No matter the circumstances in the ring, biting a man’s ears off is an unjustifiable act.

Comment

Working...
                X