No announcement yet.

Thank You Al Haymon: The Official PBC Appreciation Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
    If what I said is not true, then you should have no trouble proving me wrong!
    What does somebody like you know about the truth??

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      What does somebody like you know about the truth??
      Why don't you enlighten me?

you are the one talking about right and wrong, true and false. Claimed that what I said was not true, but didn't provide any counter-facts.
      P.S. im at work bored as shyt so we can do this for hours

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
        great way to adapt your taste buds so that shyt sandwiches are no longer offensive.

free boxing on tv is good thing, except for when the matches are consistently non-competitive. no boxing content provider is innocent this year, but when you provide more content you have more content up for scrutiny.
        Half of the people who complain about this so-called non-competitive matchups barely watch PBC. Anyone who watches Toe-to-Toe Tuesdays or their Spike offerings watched countless good fights this year. But fans aren't interested in watching prospects and budding contenders being matched tough? If it isn't a big name, it's irrelevant to these "fans."

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          Anybody who doesn't want PBC to succeed isn't a boxing fan.

They need to use their money more wisely though, stop paying for mismatches and keep your guys more active. The PBC have only been around for a year, I'm sure they'll learn from their mistakes.

With that said, nobody has put out more competitive fights than PBC this year.

Comment

I hope it improves as we move forward. #warhaymond

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Half of the people who complain about this so-called non-competitive matchups barely watch PBC. Anyone who watches Toe-to-Toe Tuesdays or their Spike offerings watched countless good fights this year. But fans aren't interested in watching prospects and budding contenders being matched tough? If it isn't a big name, it's irrelevant to these "fans."
              Said it before that those are called "glory fighter" fans. They are told who to like and who is good. Cant make that decision on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Half the people who uncritically support PBC don't watch these fights either, the 'big name syndrome' ain't just on one side of the fence. In fact, if you want to look for it there's good competitive match ups all over the globe usually 4 or 5 days of the week... just depends how much time you've got, which for me is less than it was. Used to be some weekends I'd follow the sun round the world, starting with bouts in Australia and New Zealand, Japan, Russia, Western Europe, UK, then the Americas.

Have noticed many Yanks tend to be somewhat dismissive of anything going on outside their borders though.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Half the people who uncritically support PBC don't watch these fights either, the 'big name syndrome' ain't just on one side of the fence. In fact, if you want to look for it there's good competitive match ups all over the globe usually 4 or 5 days of the week... just depends how much time you've got, which for me is less than it was. Used to be some weekends I'd follow the sun round the world, starting with bouts in Australia and New Zealand, Japan, Russia, Western Europe, UK, then the Americas.

Have noticed many Yanks tend to be somewhat dismissive of anything going on outside their borders though.
                  You could be right. Can't speak for others. I keep track of fights everywhere (can't always get them on TV) and if someone is putting on good performances or if I hear of a good fight, then I'll do my best to watch. It's how I discovered Roman Gonzalez.

The truth is that most people on here aren't really boxing fans. So they try to put you in a box because they live in a bubble. I've been told I'm a floyd nuthugger, pro-Black, etc. Maybe one day they'll come up with something I actually consider offensive. Doubtful though.

Comment

The new schedule is out!!

Comment

The Thurman/Garcia fight will be on CBS!

Comment

Working...
                      X