Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: We'll See What Thurman Has Left In Tank With Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Would be super convenient for Spence if Pac retired after beating Thurman doe!
    You mean safety for Manny, Errol wanted this because he knows he destroys Manny, like someone else said Mannys name is great on a young guns resume.

Errol is another size above Thurman, he would monster Manny if he wanted to stop him or he could box like he did with Garcia, Manny cannot beat either version of Errol Spence, too big too good too many advantages.

Comment

Manny is overall a much better fighter than Thurman and a living legend. I see Manny beating Thurman convincingly and I hope IMHO Pacquiao retires on top but that's not going to happen.

I'm a true Pacquiao fan and I know I'm not the only one to see Pacquiao continue to fight because he is so exciting to watch. At the same time, its a business and I understand Manny wants a payday.
      Last edited by afont501; 07-13-2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I want Pacquiao to win and just keep beating father time like the living legend he is. But I have to say, I have a hard time believing Thurman won't pull out the W. Pac is a small welterweight. He doesn't have anywhere near the same speed. This is all dependent on Thurman fighting a fleeting, defensive fight that runs from exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          If Pac wins he can retire finally. Pac s always saying 2 more years. No. If you do good v thurman retire
          Next Presidential election cycle in the Philippines doesn't start till the end of 2021 He will fight till then.

Comment

Porters got some HATE directed towards Thurman because of the loss he suffered at the hands of his clever thinking moving style. I really don't care what Porter has to say because I've seen him on youtube around Thurman with a very negative attitude. He's still butt hurt that he lost to Thurman, makin' it worse, he's STILL clueless on how to beat him applying his fathers limited 'wild style.' And lets not forget, Porter also STILL feels slighted at the fact he couldnt get a chance to win back his belt against an injured Thurman - who wisely took his time to recuperate, and who eventually gave up one belt for his more active peers to slug it out over. The attitude he showed Thurman on those clips shows me he's not unbiased on his opinion of who the winner will be. So, Porter can go get a different trainer for all I care - the wile' style is limited......

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
              what fool would pay for a PPV spents vs porter
              I bet it will be more exciting than that Canelo vs GGG crap that you probably paid for not once but twice. So, who's the fool?

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                IMO, Manny's age is going to show against a much younger, very strong, mover, counter puncher like Thurman. Crawford said Thurman was the more difficult for a reason...Thurman has great legs and he makes adjustments.

Before anyone jumps on me, yes, I know Bhop and George were older. Bernard had a defensive style that allowed him to fight until he slowed just enough for punches to connect. Foreman had one punch power and he was taking a beating before he caught the smallish heavyweight with a shot he didn't see.

Manny is a swarmer, puncher, he's on the attack all the time and Thurman is no Broner, he'll move and counter. Underneath Thurman's comic-book "don't duck me son" persona he is a cerebral guy with a very high boxing IQ. Thurman's biggest mistake was that he believed his own marketing and took three guys for granted and it showed. BUT...If you listen to Keith in his interviews, (between his ridiculous caricature) you can tell he learned a valuable lesson...don't under estimate anyone.

Manny might knock Keith down because Manny is no joke but in the end, he's 40. I'm going with the younger, bigger fighter wide on points.

The unknown for me is not Manny or Keith but the judges and referees. There's a wall of money to be made for Spence vs Manny and we all know Keith isn't fighting Spence. The question is will Vegas act in it's own interest and tip the scales for a future money fight?
                I see it much the same as you do. Broner and Matthysse are not good indicators of how Manny will look when he gets in the ring with Thurman. Thurman will have the advantage from the start...and that advantage will get stronger throughout the fight because of his youth and stamina.Thurman is very likely a harder puncher than Manny also....and he has just as much heart as Manny.

This isn't 2010 anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                  You mean safety for Manny, Errol wanted this because he knows he destroys Manny, like someone else said Mannys name is great on a young guns resume.

Errol is another size above Thurman, he would monster Manny if he wanted to stop him or he could box like he did with Garcia, Manny cannot beat either version of Errol Spence, too big too good too many advantages.
                  Lol yea that guy who is boxings only 8 division champ and is an all time great active living legend who brutalized elite legends in the ring big and small stands absolutely NO CHANCE against a guy who is a 1 time champion who has only fought 1 significant WW and couldn't hurt knockdown or ko a LW ...No chance...I don't have to tell you ur a casual , you spoke...this Spence hype is unreal

Comment

1.2 M PPV guaranteed

Comment

If Porter wants a big payday, he must see to it that he beats Spence in his next fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X