Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Reacts To Tyson Fury's Win Over Schwarz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people actually believe Fury would have beaten Ruiz? I think he would have because Fury would have used his experience and utilized his height and reach much better, neutralizing Ruiz’s punches. And I don’t believe Ruiz would have gotten off those same punches on Fury like he did against Joshua. When Fury is in shape, he is more elusive and shows better instincts to avoid punches, especially the ones that can really hurt you. Fury does gets hit, just not flush a lot and he really doesn’t get hit flush when he is in top conditioning shape.

Wilder caught Fury which surprised a lot of people because Wilder often telegraphs his punches. I chalk Fury being dropped like that against Wilder to Fury not being in the best of shape and getting careless late in the fight. I don’t believe he will make the same mistake against Wilder in the rematch.

And I don’t believe Ruiz would have stopped Fury. But Fury may have stopped Ruiz in the late rounds. Joshua needs to use his height and reach more in the rematch. Joshua is 6-6 with a 82 inch reach to Ruiz who is 6-2 with a 74 inch reach. Joshua is less skilled than Fury who would have known how to take advantage of Ruiz’s height and reach. Fury is 6-9 with a 85 inch reach. Fury has a better trainer also to utilize his assets.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      It was short notice for both but AJ was suppose to fight back in January. Then April, then June.

IDK what the hell happened for
      Such a long layoff but Hearn did AJ no favors with that sht.

Ruiz Just came off a full camp so he was ready and even got five rounds in.
      Exactly .
      That's the original point I was trying to make to Frosty Flakes ( or whatever his name was ) .
      That Ruiz Even as a late replacement was a Way better opponent than Schwartz .

Comment

Who the fuk is Tom Schwartz?

Who the fuk is Steve Rolls?

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
          So what? Joshua has Ruiz problems and until he sorts them out his opinion is irrelevant.
          Lol he does have Ruiz problems. He needs to rebuild his image and come back with some fire because another loss can damage his confidence and make it even harder to turn his career around.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
            He doesn't lose the right to criticize Fury opponent just because he lost to a better fighter than Fury faced.

It wasn't like he got busted for PED or something severe...he just lost a boxing match.
            Amen. I haven't fought since about 6 years ago in a bar but still feel I can criticize Fury (or any other fighter for that matter) on the quality of their opponent if it merits it.

Schwarz was brought in to look impressive against for the US audience. Fury accomplished that.

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
              How many people actually believe Fury would have beaten Ruiz? I think he would have because Fury would have used his experience and utilized his height and reach much better, neutralizing Ruiz’s punches. And I don’t believe Ruiz would have gotten off those same punches on Fury like he did against Joshua. When Fury is in shape, he is more elusive and shows better instincts to avoid punches, especially the ones that can really hurt you. Fury does gets hit, just not flush a lot and he really doesn’t get hit flush when he is in top conditioning shape.

Wilder caught Fury which surprised a lot of people because Wilder often telegraphs his punches. I chalk Fury being dropped like that against Wilder to Fury not being in the best of shape and getting careless late in the fight. I don’t believe he will make the same mistake against Wilder in the rematch.

And I don’t believe Ruiz would have stopped Fury. But Fury may have stopped Ruiz in the late rounds. Joshua needs to use his height and reach more in the rematch. Joshua is 6-6 with a 82 inch reach to Ruiz who is 6-2 with a 74 inch reach. Joshua is less skilled than Fury who would have known how to take advantage of Ruiz’s height and reach. Fury is 6-9 with a 85 inch reach. Fury has a better trainer also to utilize his assets.
              Styles make fights. I think Fury is all wrong for Ruiz. Fury probably uses distance and movement to potshot him to a UD. We saw what happens if Wilder and Fury fight. Fury can outbox Wilder, Wilder can drop and hurt Fury if catches him. I'm not sure what happens if a fit AJ fights either. I would probably favor both to beat AJ but wouldn't be surprised if Joshua won. All of the champs and contenders have serious flaws. It's a matter if they can overcome them and expose the opponent's.

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
                could be what fury started to show some more facit...

Can't see anyone on the horizon he can't handle...!
                i understand but geer wiz at least stay in the top 20

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
                  How many people actually believe Fury would have beaten Ruiz? I think he would have because Fury would have used his experience and utilized his height and reach much better, neutralizing Ruiz’s punches.
                  Fury beats Ruiz the same was he beat Chisora twice.

Comment

Spoken like a true beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                      Three years ago I would have laughed at the idea of a Joshua vs Fury fight.

Now I believe that Fury would knock AJ out in a few rounds. Joshua has been exposed, there's no way back from what he experienced against Ruiz.

If Fury works on putting some more wicked pop in his punches, he might knock Wilder out as well.
                      Styles make fights, I can’t see him stopping AJ and I can’t see AJ stopping him.

Comment

Working...
                      X