Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward's Injury: Roc Nation Sports Sues Insurer For $6.3M

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward's Injury: Roc Nation Sports Sues Insurer For $6.3M

Speculation regarding Andre Ward's comeback apparently is just that. BoxingScene.com has learned through court documents it has obtained that Ward and former promoter Roc Nation Sports are plaintiffs in a lawsuit against Lloyds Of London. They seek $6.3 million because they allege the prominent insurance company has failed to honor the terms of his policy after he suffered a career-ending injury to his right knee.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Does roc nation gets the money? If they pay out then Ward can't return to the ring correct?

Oh wait I didn't read they knew of the injury before the rematch.
    Last edited by Removed Now; 02-13-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

This lawsuit does not have a leg to stand on!

Comment

A major career ending knee injury found out a month before and he still fights and dominates Kovalev! Lmao!

Comment

This doesn’t really make sense.... he has a career ending injury the month before the first kovalev fight, but then goes out and wins a 12round decision and then boxes him again 6 months later..... hardly sounds like a “career ending injury”

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
            A major career ending knee injury found out a month before and he still fights and dominates Kovalev! Lmao!
            It in fact did not end his career lmao. Got his best win a month later.

Lol wtf is this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
              This lawsuit does not have a leg to stand on!
              Nooo! Beaten to it!

Comment

I can see why they are having trouble collecting.

Ward wins a fight after this career ending injury. He officially retires almost a year later after the injury. And there are rumors of him fighting again & even Ward himself hasn't ever 100% shut down that talk.

And honestly this is the first I'm hearing of a specific injury being the reason Ward retired. I've always recalled hearing about "lingering injuries" or injuries, plural, being at fault without anything specific being at fault like this lawsuit is claiming.

Comment

What about that Franco guy that had brain surgery why isnt roc nation helping that guy??? ������... he actually has a career ending injury

Comment

Also I think I've seen 4 or 5 guys in recent years fighting with one leg + one kickstand so idk if there is such a thing as a career ending leg injury in boxing.

Sergio. Yuri Foreman. That cat, Johnson(?), who fought a Charlo brother. Few others I'm not recalling.

Comment

Working...
                    X