No announcement yet.

Congress now has enough support, Democrats and Republicans, to end shutdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Hey Dinesh Deslurp, you’d better get on the horn and call Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh. They apparently don’t know that Trump calling for Mexico to build the wall was fake anecdotal sound bite. Their avid listeners don’t either.
    You still haven't explained your strategy with that.

(Variable X) If his voters did not take that soundbite as a literal promise (we would have been watching him make the statement in its full context & already familiar with his actual policies) and (Variable Y) it was only a viral soundbite among the far left, then why would you expect "outrage" on our side that he didn't "keep his promise"?

You're pursuing a logically unrealistic goal that relies on a nonexistent character (the Trump voter whose only exposure to Trump was that soundbite and is now outraged/disappointed that he didn't "keep his promise". Let's call that fictional group Variable Z.

The net effect of your effort to misconstrue the statement is zero. The group who were exposed to that soundbite were already opposed to Trump and you aren't winning them over by stubbornly playing dumb.

The same as if I took an out-of-context Obama soundbite about Obama helping people pay their rent, a brief clip of that ignorant woman proclaiming that Obama was going to pay her rent (an obvious outlier unrepresentative of his national constituency), and declared that Obama voters were "outraged that he didn't keep his promise".

What? The people pretending he promised that already disliked him to begin with. I wouldn't be gaining any ground by exaggerating the lie.I would just be making myself look like an overly obvious simpleton making a poor attempt at deception.

Break it down into algebraic terms and explain your version to me. You avoid serious responses because you don't have a point to make.

I don't know why you keep calling me Dinesh over and over. I don't even like that guy. He behaves like a liberal and just compares everyone to "Nazis". Is it a racial joke? You realize he's Indian, right? I'm not Indian, I'm Lebanese. Far away.

Rush is OK for a member of the worst generation in history.
    Last edited by ////; 01-20-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I may not like McConnell's politics, but you can't deny he he is a master of the rules of the Senate. As long as there is no vote and nothing gets done, people blame Trump for the shutdown. He will leverage this to get whatever he wants out of Trump and then call for the vote.
      Yo. Did you call into the BoxingScene radio show last night?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Yo. Did you call into the BoxingScene radio show last night?
        No I didn’t I was sleep early. Missed everything I will next time.

Comment

No I didn’t I was sleep early. Missed everything I will next time.
          My God!!!

Some poster was in there using your name and talking about BBC and how Mexicans women loved BBC. i was wondering why you sounded so young. Fraud was committed!

.!WAR MIKEY!, it wasn't Big Dunn.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            My God!!!

Some poster was in there using your name and talking about BBC and how Mexicans women loved BBC. i was wondering why you sounded so young. Fraud was committed!

.!WAR MIKEY!, it wasn't Big Dunn.
            WTF??? You can’t be serious.

Comment

WTF??? You can’t be serious.
              Very serious. Ask War Mikey.

i wonder which b**tch it was.

Kept saying to War Mikey: You aint talking none of racist bullsh**t now

You envy us for that BBC doe

Mexican women want us for dat bbc doe.

i know we all have a jocular side but it seem very out of character for you to be saying those things.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                Good! Keep it shutdown.
                What is the point of keeping it shut down?

Why hurt innocent federal workers because Politicians can’t agree?

They’re being held hostage for a political stunt.

I think every last one of them should walk off the job today.

The shutdown would end instantly.

Then congress can sort things out by themselves.

This isn’t even beneficial to Trump because the longer this goes on the worse he looks.

If he declares an emergency there will be a long court battle.

Pelosi doesn’t have to do anything but let the pressure build on Republicans.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X