Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wilder right hand the single hardest punch in boxing history ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Wilder right hand the single hardest punch in boxing history ?

Ik Wilder power can get overated but the man is koing men 230+ with 1 punch thats un real.
    All though you do have:

George Foremans uppercut
    Tua left hook
    Lennox Lewis right hand
    Shavers Right hand

Who has the single hardest punch in boxing?

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
    Ik Wilder power can get overated but the man is koing men 230+ with 1 punch thats un real.
    All though you do have:

George Foremans uppercut
    Tua left hook
    Lennox Lewis right hand
    Shavers Right hand

Who has the single hardest punch in boxing?
    Nope. Level of opposition matters.

Comment

I don't think you can say anyone is definitively the hardest puncher, but anyone who denies him being in the top 5 is just dishonest. You don't have to respect his skills, personality, or anything to observe that the guy is throwing nukes. That power is why he's still a world champ.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
        I think he should get point for the Fury knockdown.... he was 40 pounds heavier.

Comment

Deontay Wilder hits hard but? You can vividly see when he is winding up to put all his power into a shot. I still think fighters like Mike Tyson & David Tua where more destruction punchers, every single punch was thrown with bad intention.

But in terms of singling punching power? Wilder is up there, it is still hard to judge Joshua's power vs Wilder's.

I think they are closer than people believe.

Comment

Haven't seen him lose to a McCall/Rahman type fighter like LL yet.

Haven't seen him lose to a Jimmy Young like Foreman.

Haven't seen him floored by LHW sized guys like Ali.

Haven't seen him draw with 7-9 guys like a Mercer.

Haven't seen him arguably lose to a guy like Jeff Wooden like Tua.

Etc.

Comment

This, Foreman was destroying high-level fighters. Wilder took the step up against Fury and couldn't get him out of there. Even Ortiz was taken out due to exhaustion rather than Wilderspower. Let's see how Wilder does against higher level opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                This, Foreman was destroying high-level fighters. Wilder took the step up against Fury and couldn't get him out of there. Even Ortiz was taken out due to exhaustion rather than Wilderspower. Let's see how Wilder does against higher level opposition.
                Yes when you really think about it? Wilder has had 2 elite level fights, Ortiz & Fury 'He hurt both guys, but they did not disappear soon as he hit them'.

Joshua has had 3 elite level fights, Kiltschko, Parker, Povetkin.

Dillian Whyte is probably elite level due to him beating Parker, but when he faced Joshua his ability was unknown.

I think Wilder's & Joshua's power is closer than people think. But maybe Wilder just edges it.

Comment

Randal Bailey was the single hardest puncher I ever seen. One shot was all it ever took and then zzzzzz

Comment

His punches have slept, concussed, convulsed, and destroyed men with one landed punch. Of course there is no way to know for sure, but IMO it is the hardest punch I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X