Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 06-02-2019, 05:04 PM #1
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 19793 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,210,707.08
Total Points: 1,234,256.51
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 
Default Did Joshua Make Too Much Money To Be As Good As He Could Be??

I think thats what Atlas is kinda saying here. Agree, disagree or maybe somewhat true?

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

I'm definitely of the opinion that the more you got in the bank the easier you want your life to be. Which isn't very conducive to the getting hit in the head business so I suspect there is some truth to this.

I mean just look at how few guys last at the tip top of the game while getting tip top paydays. Its not many mfers who last vs the best in those silk sheets. You need some love of the game that goes beyond success & money like Floyd had. Like Canelo has now. I don't think Joshua had that despite comments he may have made about his dedication to his chosen profession.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-02-2019, 05:08 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2874 Post(s)
deathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,138.46
Total Points: 26,945.89
Quality Poster - Dr Rumack consistent quality posting - Beyonce Bomber Funny comment about the Larry account - Nomadic Flamboyant poster - Weltschmerz word life - Santa_ 
Cheers! - BombZquad You are an awesome poster, you rock! - Slick..Slayer 

Of course

His ability never quite matched up with his stardom, i always said that. I just expected that it’d be someone like Fury or Wilder to show it, not Andy Ruiz.

Fair play to him though. They have made an absolute fortune considering he’s just a good fighter, not great. Can’t knock them for it but it was always going to come to a halt.

Teddy is making a comparison to Jordan, but Jordan was great. Other huge stars like Ronaldo, Messi, Floyd etc. Etc. Their abilities are exceptional. Joshua was simply just good.

Last edited by deathofaclown; 06-02-2019 at 05:11 PM.
deathofaclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:12 PM #3
Still Smokin'

Quoted: 7736 Post(s)
LacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,239.20
Total Points: 82,787.10
A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Thank u sir. - Trudoe Thanks for the help - mathed Thanks for the help - mathed For shitting all over Weltz's B1tch T1Ts - Col. Hans Landa 
This should come in handy when sheltering from the shower of shite that is Rammstein's posts. - Finn No Message - Scott-Weiland No Message - -jose- Happy New Year m8 - HughJass Aww god loves a tryer - Salim_Shady 
Little baby wanna cry ? - Scott-Weiland specially made by Wlad, he loves his haters too f@ggot - ThatLeftaMarc Fury openly pays for his fan's dildos - NapoleonCake No Message - mathed No Message - mathed 
Hopefully no vibrator needed and just a good fight no excuses. - Scott-Weiland Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. - Box-Office Flamboyant poster - Weltschmerz No Message - MDPopescu Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Gay and Lesbian Pride - Scott-Weiland Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott.Weiland. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott.Weiland. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott.Weiland. 

I think this is over analysing it tbh. AJ always struck me as a very dedicated guy.

He was just beaten by a better guy on the night, and potentially in general. Time will tell.
LacedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:16 PM #4
Interim Champion

Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Socialtwinkie is a splendid one to beholdSocialtwinkie is a splendid one to beholdSocialtwinkie is a splendid one to beholdSocialtwinkie is a splendid one to beholdSocialtwinkie is a splendid one to beholdSocialtwinkie is a splendid one to beholdSocialtwinkie is a splendid one to beholdSocialtwinkie is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 19,949.07

No offense intended but ask yourself why it seems like HW eras of the past appear better than their modern counterparts. Back then fighting was a way a life. You were born a fighter or became one because of your environment.

It seems to me like Joshua has had an easy life and with all the money and fame he wanted an easy out.

I don't think Joshua loves boxing like someone say, Lomachenko does, or hes willing to go life and death like someone like gatti.

Imo most of the guys with big paydays dont love the sport but the money that they make doing said profession. Cherry picking and match making goes a long way into hyping boxers up.

AJ got smashed and people still rate him high based on "resume ". Imo, resume means nothing. Perfect example is GGG/Canelo.

One guy has cherry picked a great resume because he was surrounded by good people. One guy had ****ty management and started late.

Barely any separation between those two.

Yet Canelo is a huge A side and people act like GGG is nothing
Socialtwinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:19 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 21213 Post(s)
Motorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 343,064.72
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett 

Naw. I've never heard of him having bad habits outside the ring. That's usually what happens when fighters get money and lose their will to win.

I think he's mentally weak. The pressure got to him. Hearn said he got the impression Joshua was relieved he lost. AJ retiring would not surprise me.

That's another thing that made Floyd, and Canelo to a certain extent, great. Floyd made all that money, had the target on his back, the media against him, tons of fans against him, and never picked up bad habits. He was able to tune all that noise out.
Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:33 PM #6
Ignore List Champion

Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
AJ retiring would not surprise me.
Idk about this. It'd surprise me. I think there is too much money on the table still.

I wouldn't be surprised if he took some extra time off or if he went another route besides a Ruiz rematch doe. Joshua took an ass whipping last night. Seems like maybe not the smartest idea to go right back into a rematch vs a guy who gave you an ass whipping. Kinda like that recent Dogboe rematch that seemed ill advised.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:43 PM #7
Ignore List Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
I don't think Joshua loves boxing like someone say, Lomachenko does, or hes willing to go life and death like someone like gatti.
Absolutely agree.

Quote:
Imo most of the guys with big paydays dont love the sport but the money that they make doing said profession.
I think those are still two different things. If you don't love the sport first the money won't stick around cuz loving money over the game is a problem too. And the love of the sport is hard to maintain, cuz its such a rough sport, when you got everything you want.

I think you gotta appreciate the money & love the game. And few cats are capable of that when they are getting $10M, $20M, $100M for a 36 minute or less fight.

And to be clear I'm not saying this L was cuz of the money specifically. Obviously Ruiz was up for this fight & he's not an unskilled guy & he obviously came in with a plan to win & it worked, but I think the success & money one has plays into your overall trajectory in the sport with motivation & drive to improve & be willing to die in the ring if thats what it takes to win.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:16 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 21213 Post(s)
Motorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 343,064.72
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Idk about this. It'd surprise me. I think there is too much money on the table still.

I wouldn't be surprised if he took some extra time off or if he went another route besides a Ruiz rematch doe. Joshua took an ass whipping last night. Seems like maybe not the smartest idea to go right back into a rematch vs a guy who gave you an ass whipping. Kinda like that recent Dogboe rematch that seemed ill advised.
Saying stuff like this before the fight I wouldn't be surprised

Quote:
But ‘AJ’ has told head coach Rob McCracken that he would retire if he ever had to deal with a fight like that again, in a interview to Ireland sports outlet Joe.

Joshua endured his toughest night in the ring against Klitschko, and was knocked to the canvas for the first time in his career.

“It was one of those where I had to go down to get back up.

“I learned I was too top-heavy as a heavyweight. I was doing my weights and I couldn’t carry my body properly.

”I also learned how to pace myself.

“Most importantly I said to my coach ‘if I have another one of these fights, I’m done with boxing’.

Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:23 PM #9
Ignore List Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
Saying stuff like this before the fight I wouldn't be surprised

I think Joshua is the type who jacks off to the sound of his own voice. He says a lot of sh^t. Idk that I buy most of it about boxing sh^t.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:35 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6551 Post(s)
Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,340.32
Total Points: 68,040.36
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 
- enjoy - cheeseburger **** - cheeseburger 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
I think thats what Atlas is kinda saying here. Agree, disagree or maybe somewhat true?

I'm definitely of the opinion that the more you got in the bank the easier you want your life to be. Which isn't very conducive to the getting hit in the head business so I suspect there is some truth to this.

I mean just look at how few guys last at the tip top of the game while getting tip top paydays. Its not many mfers who last vs the best in those silk sheets. You need some love of the game that goes beyond success & money like Floyd had. Like Canelo has now. I don't think Joshua had that despite comments he may have made about his dedication to his chosen profession.
The Klitschko fight at Wembley was a bigger stage than the fight yesterday if we're being honest, and Joshua has already made a ton of money on other fights.

I think it was a different kind of pressure, tbh; after being nurtured as a British global star since winning the gold in London, he was finally at the point where he was going to fish/cut bait.

Wilder-Joshua was now a bonafide super fight, the US media had finally gotten on board, and a win in that fight would've truly set Joshua on a path to superstardom and a shot at earning a billion dollars.

The sponsors are now going global with him, Hearn's bet the future on him completely (even if he doesn't formally sign with DAZN, Hearn is still using his name to secure that billion dollars) and then...

The initial press run goes bad (no one wanted him to fight Miller, there were an easy 3 other fights that were wanted instead, and the DAZN move gave him no friendly harbor anywhere in the US really), the chosen opponent pisses hot for a multitude of different steroids, it takes an easy two weeks to find the new opponent, the new opponent looks terrible physically but is actually a better fighter than the original ask (Ruiz may be about where Pulev is, tbh), and then it's his first major camp stateside (done with the obligations to DAZN for footage).

It's a lot to overcome, enough to leave a spirit shaky.

And then you get popped behind the ear. Recipe for disaster.
Scipio2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
be??, good, joshua, make, money

User Tag List