Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy Ruiz refuses to commit to rematch with Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there's a rematch clause then Andy Ruiz should honor it. The only thing I don't like is that Hearn wants to do it in the UK.

I hope that part wasn't in the contract.
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 06-02-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Fake news? havent seen any actual reputable reporter say this. Makes no sense Ruiz is going to get PAID in a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        What actually happens if he refuses when it’s in the contract?
        Probably have to go through the same thing Hasim Rahman did when he refused to rematch Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Al Haymon is in control now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            If there's a real challenge clause then Andy Ruiz should honor it. The only thing I don't like is that Hearn wants to do it in the UK.

I hope that part wasn't in the contract.
            The fight happening in the UK must be Hearn talking rubbish and s hitting himself, I doubt there is a wording like that in the contract. Am sure there is a rematch clause doe, with Ruiz making a lot of money from the rematch.

Comment

He’ll be stripped like Fury if he doesn’t honour it. It’s a voluntary defence and you have to honour the rematch clause.

Comment

Really? I figured Ruiz would be happy to take a rematch - it'll be the best payday he can get and he has a huge mental edge over Joshua now.

Comment

Originally posted by james240 View Post
                  Al Haymon is in control now.
                  😂 Not really, not yet anyways. Once Ruiz wins the rematch then Haymon would be in full control.

Comment

There would definitely be a rematch clause Hearn is not stupid enough to not have a rematch clause for a voluntary defence at short notice.

Comment

The 1st thing the 1st Mexican HW champ (big fu cking deal) will do, as a champ, is refuse to honor the rematch clause ?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                      X