Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tyson Fury legit or is he a con artist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fat cu..nt is the biggest fraud I have seen thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Granath View Post
      Tyson Fury is an interesting and entertaining fighter. Everything about him is larger-than-life, from his personality to his height. He's quite spectacle and he's good for boxing. He gave away his purses to charity. He's also a good boxer. I can understand why people like him and I certainly don't hate him. I find his fights to be a bit boring at times but overall he's great for the HW division.

But Tyson Fury fans are insufferable:

- They overlook multiple positive drug tests. It happened. Fury is a drug cheat.
      - Ignore his off-and-on-again testing with VADA. Wasn't on with Schwartz and people are talking about his new power. Might those be connected?
      - Make excuses about his two year suspension.
      - Pretend that Fury is the lineal champion (he isn't - he cheated against Wlad and had to give up the titles).
      - Ignore the fact that Fury has ducked the two biggest fights of his career (rematches with Wlad and Wilder)
      - Try to make every opponent of his into some sort of world beater instead of facing the reality that a guy like Schwartz is a club-level fighter and Dereck Chisora isn't a top tier boxer.
      - Complain incessantly about the Wilder fight in which Fury himself is arguably the beneficiary of generous refereeing instead of just accepting that neither guy did enough to justly claim that they won.

Then there's the real weenies who support Fury for other reasons:
      - Some of them are outright racist who can't stand Wilder for the color of his skin.
      - Others have anti-American inferiority complexes that taint everything they say.

You’re overlooking a few things too though. Fury didn’t cheat v Wlad, he tested clean for that fight. His suspension was for something before the Hammer fight. And if he tested positive, then he rightly got banned. At least he got a lengthy ban, which i agree with. Better than Canelo’s measly 6 month ban. I don’t make excuses for anyone that gets caught and don’t believe any excuses. I’m sure some failed fighters might have genuine reasons but we cannot start picking and choosing who to believe. My opinion is you get caught, you get a lengthy ban.

Let’s be honest, Fury did beat Wilder. 2 knockdowns do not make up for losing about 9 rounds. You can find very, very few people that thought Wilder won that fight, but it is what it is. Even Fury said himself if you get dropped twice in another country on the promotion of your opponent, it’s hard to win a decision, even if you won. We didn’t really learn anything in that fight anyway. Everyone already knows Fury is a better boxer than Wilder, and everyone knows Wilder has the best equaliser in boxing.

Chisora is not a top level fighter, but Fury dealt with him in the most dominant fashion. Chisora has fought some very good fighters like Haye, Vitali, Whyte etc..and was very competitive with them all, even Haye who stopped him. I think Fury deserves credit, not for beating Chisora, but doing it in utterly dominant fashion that others didn’t do. Same way as i give Wilder big credit for knocking out Breazeale in a round. I don’t rate Breazeale as a top fighter, but guys don’t do that to him.

Comment

Considering he beat both Wlad and Wilder I can’t see how anyone can say he’s a fraud.

Comment

steroids didn't teach fury how to box or make him 6'8" tall. that's why he's good.

that said, they're probably what he used to get back down to size. the guy used to eat and drink a lot. he was even chubbier when he was younger, which really makes you wonder.

when you "retire" you don't have to take drug tests. people stop talking about them, too.

so i htink there was an element of "mental illness," along with drug use, booze, peds, and a suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            that said, they're probably what he used to get back down to size. the guy used to eat and drink a lot. he was even chubbier when he was younger, which really makes you wonder.
            When we used to watch him boxing down the road, me and my dad and other would often comment on his "puppy fat" which he never seemed to shake as the years went on. Another thing people seem to overlook is he was a little bit hatton-esque in that he never lived at his fighting weight. Even the Wlad fight he had to lose almost as much as his "comeback". If he was using them for weight I imagine he has been at it for a while. I don't know though. What I do know is that when we weer all laughing at him punching himself in the face he said he would be champ of the world and we laughed again and then he proved us wrong. My dad bloody loves him now can do no wrong almost entirely due to that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              You’re overlooking a few things too though. Fury didn’t cheat v Wlad, he tested clean for that fight. His suspension was for something before the Hammer fight. And if he tested positive, then he rightly got banned. At least he got a lengthy ban, which i agree with. Better than Canelo’s measly 6 month ban. I don’t make excuses for anyone that gets caught and don’t believe any excuses. I’m sure some failed fighters might have genuine reasons but we cannot start picking and choosing who to believe. My opinion is you get caught, you get a lengthy ban.

Let’s be honest, Fury did beat Wilder. 2 knockdowns do not make up for losing about 9 rounds. You can find very, very few people that thought Wilder won that fight, but it is what it is. Even Fury said himself if you get dropped twice in another country on the promotion of your opponent, it’s hard to win a decision, even if you won. We didn’t really learn anything in that fight anyway. Everyone already knows Fury is a better boxer than Wilder, and everyone knows Wilder has the best equaliser in boxing.

Chisora is not a top level fighter, but Fury dealt with him in the most dominant fashion. Chisora has fought some very good fighters like Haye, Vitali, Whyte etc..and was very competitive with them all, even Haye who stopped him. I think Fury deserves credit, not for beating Chisora, but doing it in utterly dominant fashion that others didn’t do. Same way as i give Wilder big credit for knocking out Breazeale in a round. I don’t rate Breazeale as a top fighter, but guys don’t do that to him.
              Good post - that's a novelty around here. Karma given.

Fury did test positive in the same year he fought Wlad and because that positive test was hidden until 2016, he wasn't tested by VADA prior to the Wlad flight. Klitchko said that had he known, he would have insisted that Fury test but it was covered up. So we have no earthly idea if he was clean for the Wlad fight but I'm inclined to believe that a 'roid user keeps using until they are caught - which means he was probably on them when he fought Wlad.

I don't agree that Fury beat Wilder. Often overlooked is a poll of ringside journalists at the time didn't have any majority of either guy winning. I had the fight a draw. Fury fans can complain about the decision, Wilder fans can complain that Fury was given 22 seconds of recovery after being knocked down in the 12th. The draw is absolutely the right call there but Fury fans want to complain and moan. Too bad. Get back in the ring and prove who is the better fighter - but that hasn't happened yet because of Fury.

Chisora is a decent fighter but that's it. It's true he fought many top guys but lost against every one of them. Fury, Vitali, Haye, Whyte, Pulev...he lost against them all. Both old Vitali and Fury dominated him. KO'd against Fury, Haye and Whyte. He's a poor man's Ray Mercer and not a top level fighter. So when Fury fans point to beating Chisora as some sort of monumental achievement...it ain't.

As I said, I don't hate Fury. It's many of his two-faced insufferable fans I can't stand.
              Last edited by Granath; 06-18-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                I see a lot of polarizing opinions on here and on different outlets.

Some people think his mental illness story is legit, that he's genuinely good guy albeit a bit crazy who donated his entire purse for the Wilder fight to charity.

Others think he made the mental illness story up to cover him getting busted for PEDs and that he never donated any money, just made story up to inhance his image.

What side are you on and why?
                I am not so sure if he did donate his entire purse to charity from the Wilder fight, maybe some of it but all of it? I am just not so sure.

The man can fight, I am not a massive fan of his but 'He can fight' I do think he is massively overrated though, and at elite level is a one trick pony.

Comment

Despite Tyson Fury being a big fat loudmouthed obnoxious asshole, he is a very skilled boxer and among the best heavyweights out there.

Comment

Working...
                  X