No announcement yet.

What's your salary at work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BrometheusBob.]

Isn’t parking in NYC alone like rent money/monthly expenses elsewhere?

From what I remember correctly, if you want to park your car in a lot everyday, you’re looking at a range like up $1500/month depending on the area (for daily parking).

If I lived in NY I would not want to deal with parking, it’s way too stupid. I’d need to park in a lot, so i’d need an extra $$1k-1.5k a month just for parking. Lol ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I lived in NY for almost all my life, I was raised there.

Real “ballin”, if we’re being real is if you are able to regularly buy high end stuff with no financial consequences. High end cars, high end clothing, high end watches, go to expensive trips when ever you want. Like if you laugh at buying a $10k dollar watch, or if you wake up wanting to go spend $100k in Saks 5th Ave. I would say that’s ballin. But I guess the definition could differ with others.

No I don’t think $200k is ballin in NYC, that is living comfortably for sure. Being able to comfortably afford a $5k/rent apartment in downtown NY like it’s nothing but a cell phone bill to you, is ballin.

Columbus, OH is really cheap to live in. My wage goes a long way. I’d say my salary here allows me to live comfortably. I live in a really good neighborhood, pay $805/month, close to everything I need. $150 for car, another $600 on other bills (groceries, student loans, phone bill, internet, utilities, credit card bills, miscellaneous things). I pay car insurance every 6 months, next payment is August. I can pay my monthly expenses with one check due to not having other responsibilities (kids, wife, etc). Although I don’t do that lol, I save money out of every check.

You still live in NYC?

I think your $135k is ideal there, you’re certainly not broke. If I lived in NYC, I tell everyone the same thing, if i’m not making $150k/year, i’m not living there lol. I think $100-150k in NYC, you’re in the category of living well. Under $100k, you better have a partner with a good job unless you want to live in the Bronx.
      Pft, 5k rent. That's like Williamsburg waterfront property type rent. Fk that.

My brother and I are making around the same amount and are about to live in a 2br together in a modest area in Brooklyn. It's gonna be nice I think. We're not going to be buying 10k watches but to be fair that's because that is a fkn dumb thing to do.

As far as parking, I have no idea as I've never had a car while living in NYC and am still not looking to do so for the time being. But I've heard it's a pain in the ass to deal with the parking rules, find a spot etc.
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-21-2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Damn. Even the bribes in Cambodia are cheaper. LOL

Yeah, total set up but I doubt driver got much at all. They are all about keeping it for themselves.

30k baht is steep as **** bro. Ouch.
        it was so steep the freekin cop felt bad and gave us 1500 baht for taxi back to our bnb

yea bro...can't lie, i was salty af the rest of the trip...made it worse was when we got to Samet and i see all these chinese fools smoking vapes

if it wasn't 120 degrees outside, i might have started something

but yea, overall experience was pretty amazing...i already spoke to the crew and a part 2 needs to be added to the books

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          Pft, 5k rent. That's like Williamsburg waterfront property type rent. Fk that.

My brother and I are making around the same amount and are about to live in a 2br together in a modest area in Brooklyn. It's gonna be nice I think. We're not going to be buying 10k watches but to be fair that's because that is a fkn dumb thing to do.

As far as parking, I have no idea as I've never had a car while living in NYC and am still not looking to do so for the time being. But I've heard it's a pain in the ass to deal with the parking rules, find a spot etc.
          Lol nice.

$10k watches was more of an idea. It is stupid, but that’s what I consider ballin. Ballin itself is stupid. It’s a rap/hip hop term for spending money on anything you want and you don’t care cause you have lots of it.

$5k rent in NYC is like Tribeca and sh/t lol ($3-6k). Robert De Niro type neighborhood.

Comment

Lol nice.

$10k watches was more of an idea. It is stupid, but that’s what I consider ballin. Ballin itself is stupid. It’s a rap/hip hop term for spending money on anything you want and you don’t care cause you have lots of it.

$5k rent in NYC is like Tribeca and sh/t lol ($3-6k). Robert De Niro type neighborhood.
            Ball too much and you are just a target, it's true.

Comment

BrometheusBob.

You gotta live that independent life man, don’t move in with your bro. I found something for you.

Comment

BrometheusBob.

You gotta live that independent life man, don’t move in with your bro. I found something for you.

I do feel bad for your average families. Living in the city or even the parts of Queens/Brooklyn closest to the city are beyond what the average family can afford.

Even this apartment we're gonna be in is around 2500/mo, which is fine for us but is a nightmare if you're on a single income as a teacher or nurse etc. You pretty much have to move further into the boroughs to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

I do feel bad for your average families. Living in the city or even the parts of Queens/Brooklyn closest to the city are beyond what the average family can afford.

Even this apartment we're gonna be in is around 2500/mo, which is fine for us but is a nightmare if you're on a single income as a teacher or nurse etc. You pretty much have to move further into the boroughs to make it work.
                  Yeah sucks, I grew up in literal poverty there. Not a very financially sound idea to raise kids in NYC with a salary that is under the poverty line.

Hey nurses make decent money though. My long time neighbor, she was born and raised there and lived in the same building as I. She went to NYU on a merit based scholarship for nursing. She is making $95k right out of graduation. Unfortunately that’s also her top pay, she said you get top pay immediately as a nurse. Which kinda sucks tbh, i’ve seen nursing jobs in OH that top out at $150k. In. Oh. Hi. O. $150k. Lol.

In prison system in Ohio, you can top out at $95k.

This is NYC we’re talking about. Top pay $95k? Same as in Ohio? Makes no sense. I told her to get some experience out of the way and then go federal, where nurses make 6 digits. The job I have as a CO in county jail, same top pay as working in Riker’s (county jail). Same for police dept in my county, higher top pay than NYPD ($95k vs NYPD’s $90k). Difference is cost of living. How does NYC pay their nurses, police, CO’s the same as Columbus pay their nurses, CO’s and police? And NYC cost of living is like triple Columbus. Makes no financial sense to live in NYC tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                    let's hear it! who's ballin? who's broke?!! no need to front and if you lie, it'll just make you look worst! be honest, how much do you get paid per hour --

1. $10-$15

2. $15-$20

3. $20-$25

4. $25-BALLIN"!!!!!

how many of yall are on a salary type pay vs hourly? i used to be on salary and use to love it! you can come in and leave without actually doing your full 8 hrs and nobody would really know. but when you do have to stay for OT, it can get tricky since you're not on an hourly type pay.
                    £120k/year... USA that’s about $150k?

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                      £120k/year... USA that’s about $150k?
                      The google currency converter says it’s roughly $134k.

Comment

Working...
                      X