No announcement yet.

Terence Crawford vs Prime Mayweather/Pacquiao/Cotto/Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    The “retirement” had no impact on the Odh or Shane fights not happening. Shane’s toothache and odh refusing did. Manny turned the fight down on numerous occasions. If you want to justify the turning down because of drug testing ok. But he turned it down the last time because he wanted a bigger cut. You were fine with him doing that. Ok his greed made him make a poor decision and he got ktfo by jmm because of it. Those aren’t skewed facts those are actual facts.

He beats Crawford the same way he defeated all the great fighters he beat -takes away their best punch, lowers the punch output, great defense , and accurate punching.
    You'd be better served saying, I am a Floyd Boy through and through, and my Tmt crotch tights would be confiscated if I believed somebody could possibly beat him

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      Ha, no matter what side of the excuse fence you sit on, Cotto, Shane, and Pac were once great fighters by the time Floyd fought em, and Canelo hadn't come into his own yet. Floyd never beat this complete of a prime guy in his career.
      They were all still great fighters when Floyd fought them. We’re they prime, no. But they made that choice. In their primes they’d be better versions of themselves but floyd would’ve been a better version of himself.

You post as if they aged but Floyd remained the same. They lose at any point to floyd because Floyd is a unique combination of speed, arm length, boxing iq and athleticism. Anything they could do offensively he was able to defend against because he was always in shape so he could box and move for the whole fight even in the 15 round era.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        They were all still great fighters when Floyd fought them. We’re they prime, no. But they made that choice. In their primes they’d be better versions of themselves but floyd would’ve been a better version of himself.

You post as if they aged but Floyd remained the same. They lose at any point to floyd because Floyd is a unique combination of speed, arm length, boxing iq and athleticism. Anything they could do offensively he was able to defend against because he was always in shape so he could box and move for the whole fight even in the 15 round era.
        Love how you overexaggerate but this is why Floyds 147 run has so many large potholes in it.
        They were shopworn guys who were coming off of a good win or two when Floyd fought them. Floyd was still the consensus #1 p4p guy, and publicly stated he waits for the right time to fight guys to maximum dollar after he became a draw.

Floyd never beat as complete a guy in their prime as Crawford @ ww, I'd throw Spence in there as well. Had he did that, I'd lean more in his favor.

Both those guys have displayed the same type of timing, iq, and reflexes that Floyd has, on top of it have the height and reach to keep him at distance.
        Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
          He loses to all of them.
          Interesting. I imagine Bud competing closely with and probably beating all of them, especially Pac. Morales beat a prime Pac and Bud is better than Morales. Prime Floyd versus Bud would have been an amazing chess match. Probably the best match up there would have been prime Bud versus prime SSM. That would have been a dogfight.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            Interesting. I imagine Bud competing closely with and probably beating all of them, especially Pac. Morales beat a prime Pac and Bud is better than Morales. Prime Floyd versus Bud would have been an amazing chess match. Probably the best match up there would have been prime Bud versus prime SSM. That would have been a dogfight.
            Morales at135 vs Crawford at 135? Im taking Morales by murder. Now, Pac at 147 at his beat ass rapea Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
              Morales at135 vs Crawford at 135? Im taking Morales by murder. Now, Pac at 147 at his beat ass rapea Crawford
              Murder and ass rape, huh? It's just boxing. Hopefully you don't bet real money on fights. Crawford would put you in the poor house.
              Last edited by NachoMan; 04-23-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                Murder and ass rape, huh? It's just boxing. Hopefully you don't bet real money on fights. Crawford would put you in the poor house.
                Who has Crawford fought on the same level as these two?

Comment

I think crawford can only beat mayweather because of his long arm and Mayweather will run all night to survive.

Comment

I don't think Mosley or Cotto beat Crawford, thought Crawford can definitely be hit so the possibility is there for either guy to KO him. I see Floyd outboxing him in an 8-4 type fight and I see prime Pac as a 60-40 fight for Manny. That fight in their primes would be f.cking incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                      I think crawford can only beat mayweather because of his long arm and Mayweather will run all night to survive.
                      So you pick Pac, Cotto and SSM over Crawford at WW then?

Comment

Working...
                      X