Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do haters focus on who fighters didn't fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do haters focus on who fighters didn't fight?

If you take away the (very weak) argument of "yea but he didn't fight this fighter", "he ducked this fighter", it takes away the majority of the ammunition for the haters.

Take Floyd for example. His whole career is flawless. He beat everyone he faced, made a lot of the fights look like easy work. A long string of opponents who either had name value or a real meritorious standing in their division. Floyd was pure class inside the ring. But haters focus on who he didn't fight. The list of apparently ducked fighters is exhaustive. The real haters could come up with 50 fighters Floyd apparently shoulda but didn't fight. It is laughable.

Why do haters do it? It is the weakest argument in my opinion. Judge a fighter on his body of work and who he has beaten. If a fight never happened you are stepping into the realms of fantasy.

theres a certain fanbase that has had to make tons of excuses for their guy....and theyve had to defend him because he was sold as something that he just wasnt....so these guys need to attack more accomplished fighters and try to pick apart their resume....but the minute someone questions their hero they defend every move that guy ever made and excuse everything

its sad that we still have to hear about bute in regards to ward...or margarito in regards to floyd

its because golovkin fans feel insecure ...the minute someone questions golovkin their excuses and "but" starts to fly....golovkin has never ducked anyone and everything that never happened is always someone elses fault

but we have to hear about bute and margarito who were both beaten by several fighters who were much less than floyd and ward.....i saw this many years ago with pacquiao fans...it was cool to like pac...and who wouldnt...he was beating guys up and fun and fun to watch....but then his fans came out and were downplaying everything floyd was doing or ever did and swearing that pac would kick floyd arse...they never once considered that manny and arum delayed the fight either...it turned alot of people off on rooting for pacquiao and enjoying his career....even myself....and i was a big fan and have seen him fight live several times and enjoyed the heck out of it.....pac fans turned to golovkin fans...some great hope to make insecure white men feel like theyre winning something(im a white male myself)

you see it some extent with loma too but not as bad...

Comment

Because floyd is rich as fook and all these haters are poor as all hell

Comment

Because it matters, especially if you could've fought fighters you didn't fight.

If you're a permanent A-side like Floyd, Manny, Canelo, AJ today, then you should be judged if you didn't fight people you should've fought

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          theres a certain fanbase that has had to make tons of excuses for their guy....and theyve had to defend him because he was sold as something that he just wasnt....so these guys need to attack more accomplished fighters and try to pick apart their resume....but the minute someone questions their hero they defend every move that guy ever made and excuse everything

its sad that we still have to hear about bute in regards to ward...or margarito in regards to floyd

its because golovkin fans feel insecure ...the minute someone questions golovkin their excuses and "but" starts to fly....golovkin has never ducked anyone and everything that never happened is always someone elses fault

but we have to hear about bute and margarito who were both beaten by several fighters who were much less than floyd and ward.....i saw this many years ago with pacquiao fans...it was cool to like pac...and who wouldnt...he was beating guys up and fun and fun to watch....but then his fans came out and were downplaying everything floyd was doing or ever did and swearing that pac would kick floyd arse...they never once considered that manny and arum delayed the fight either...it turned alot of people off on rooting for pacquiao and enjoying his career....even myself....and i was a big fan and have seen him fight live several times and enjoyed the heck out of it.....pac fans turned to golovkin fans...some great hope to make insecure white men feel like theyre winning something(im a white male myself)

Green there is a fan base of a certain fighter who defend his every move accepting the beating of a mother in front of their kids and claim he has done no wrong in a career claiming to be the best ever yet never really fighting a boxer in his prime and claiming to clean up the sport only to be caught taking an insane amount of IV because he was drastically dehydrated for losing 3 pounds and so much more sh it you all defend him to the death
          Nice run on sentence I know

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
            Because it matters, especially if you could've fought fighters you didn't fight.

If you're a permanent A-side like Floyd, Manny, Canelo, AJ today, then you should be judged if you didn't fight people you should've fought
            Well spoken

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              Well spoken
              It’s ridiculously hard to get any two top fighters in the ring to fight. Top guys fight how many times a year? Sum negotiations take years. So how long is a fighters prime? So many people claim “Prime Tyson” was a small window while he was young. So is everyone’s “prime” at different ages and lasted for different amounts of time? Obviously u are no Floyd fan, which is ur prerogative of course. Didn’t u say he never fought anyone in their prime? That would be impossible to pull off with the number of fights he’s had. Go ahead and try and prove that without reducing everyone else’s careers at the same time? So how long was Floyd’s prime then? Are u saying his prime is longer than other fighters? Younger fighters he’s faced weren’t more in their prime than him? How many fights do u expect to get made between two people in their prime then? Remember none of Floyd’s opponents were in their prime, so that’s your reference. “Prime Tyson” wasent worth as much money as “washed up” Tyson. This is prize fighting after all. How many times did u think Floyd was going to lose then? That’s perspective. Or are u saying ur a Floyd Hater but bet on him to win all his fights? Did u pick him to beat Manny or not? Cough up ur record? Of course people say the guy a fighter didn’t fight was the guy that would beat him. But if u want ur opinion to be worth anything then let’s see ur track record? U pick Tyson to beat Holyfield? Name the careers that exemplifies never “ducked anyone” and fought everyone in their prime? It’s all relative. U wanna tell us all when Floyd’s opponents primes were? That will also trash a lot of other fighters careers at the same time, once again putting things in perspective. After seeing Floyd fight Manny, even if u could go back in time and know that Floyd wouldn’t use an IV, u wouldn’t bet a time on Manny. What’s your opinion on Andre Ward then? Dudes way behind on fights? Show us your math on ur reasoning? Are u really intimidated by an IV?

Comment

Dumb fanbase rivalries. It's generally part of this dick measuring 'my fighter's better than your fighter' thing.

Only way of attacking some fighters.

Comment

Pac beats cotto at 145 so Floyd fans question whether Pac could do it at 147? Even though Pac more than.made up for it with what he did at 147, by beating clotte y who cott o went life and death with, even though Pac beat Bradley x3 times and thurman at 41!
                  Floyd has done nothing to suggest h ed beat nel o at 154 in comparison!

That's why Floyd won't get nearly as much credit for his win over nel o as pac will for his win over cotto. If Floyd beat fighters at 154 who nel o went life and death with, only then would Floyd get credit

Pac always does more, yet it's Floyd people want us to put a pedestal on?
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 06-01-2020, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

I gotta wonder Curt, do you believe you're displaying 'insecurity' when you explain to people why their criticisms of certain PBC fighters might be unfair or unjustified? Is that why you do it? Or is it because you think that their reasoning is faulty or that they're interpreting facts incorrectly or unreasonably or whatever? Do you consider you're offering reasons or 'excuses'?

Genuinely curious how you see the world here. You really believe you're the dude on the side of right and justice instead of just another dude with an opinion? You ever consider there's boxing fans who appreciate all different fighters from all different nationalities including middleweights from Kazakhstan who don't give a fuck about your petty tribal squabbles?

Maybe it's you with the narrow focus and appreciation that only extends to your own nationality and one particular boxing promotion within it? That you're the one who's bought a crafted narrative in support of that promotion? That thought ever occur to you, man?

And GTFOH with that racist 'insecure white men' crap, GGG has fans of all ethnic backgrounds and nationalities many of whom couldn't give two ****s about the racial tensions prevalent in the US as it pertains to boxing. I'm sure there are those kinda racially motivated idiots on here but the same could be said of any fanbase. Trying to tar everyone with the same brush is both childish and ignorant. You genuinely believe that kinda crap applies to an entire fanbase you're the one with the issues, man.

Those idiot Pacfans you talk about... yeah? Like you say the problem wasn't the fact they supported Pacquiao was it now? The problem was they were crapping on other fighters, right? So what does that make you when you're crapping on Golovkin's career man? You not see the irony here or you gonna find some way to explain why the reasoning doesn't apply to you? You have become exactly what you claim to despise, man.

There's a different path, man. One day you might even find it. You might need to grow some self awareness first though.
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-01-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X