No announcement yet.

Need some advice.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice.

Are there any amatuer or pro boxers here who started their career late? If so, how is it going?

Originally posted by GGthelightningD View Post
    Are there any amatuer or pro boxers here who started their career late? If so, how is it going?

most TOP fighters, with very few exceptions, started when they were a kid

it takes a lifetime to develop that kind of talent/mindset/instincts

there are exceptions, so you (or whoever)... should follow their heart and follow their dreams

to truly succeed, you would likely need to have something pretty special, like Deontay Wilder's frightening power... but look to someone like Sergio Martinez for inspiration

Comment

Thanks man. I have experiences in street fights, got knockdown in a cement road. Im 22 and the only thing I have is an explosive energy.

Comment

Thanks man. I have experiences in street fights, got knockdown in a cement road. Im 22 and the only thing I have is an explosive energy.
        There are many heavyweights who started in their late 20s

Comment

I started in my early 20's. Street fights don't mean anything. It's easy to whip people who don't know how to fight.

You might think you have explosive energy. Then you'll get in there with someone who knows what they're doing.

Go down to a boxing gym and join. DO NOT think you're going to compete with any of the guys in there. Instead, learn how to box and take your time and focus.

Comment

I started boxing when i was 20. It took much effort for getting better at boxing. I strictly followed my coach advises and followed a good diet plan.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              There are many heavyweights who started in their late 20s
              I'm probably between lightweight and welter. My height is 5'6 anf a half. I've read about Ray mercer. Thanks for the info man.
              Last edited by GGthelightningD; 06-03-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                I started in my early 20's. Street fights don't mean anything. It's easy to whip people who don't know how to fight.

You might think you have explosive energy. Then you'll get in there with someone who knows what they're doing.

Go down to a boxing gym and join. DO NOT think you're going to compete with any of the guys in there. Instead, learn how to box and take your time and focus.
                I know man you get easily dropped by a guy who knows how to fight that's what happened to me when fought a guy who knows boxing way back 2015 I got dropped on a cement road the next thing I knew I was sitting next to a tree. I really want people to know my name someday and I want everyone who knows me to be proud of me. I wanted to compete in pro boxing so bad. Thanks for the advice man.
                Last edited by GGthelightningD; 06-03-2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesfranklin View Post
                  I started boxing when i was 20. It took much effort for getting better at boxing. I strictly followed my coach advises and followed a good diet plan.
                  That's great man. are you competing right now in amateur or pro boxing?

Comment

I know man you get easily dropped by a guy who knows how to fight that's what happened to me when fought a guy who knows boxing way back 2015 I got dropped on a cement road the next thing I knew I was sitting next to a tree. I really want people to know my name someday and I want everyone who knows me to be proud of me. I wanted to compete in pro boxing so bad. Thanks for the advice man.
                    He didn't know how to fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X