Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy: Fury overcame depression and Drug addiction, he's amazing! But Mike is weak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    Mike Tyson has more title defenses than Tyson Fury 'Tyson Fury apparently only has 2-3 fights left in the sport' He seems to be getting out of the game as soon as things are getting serious.

I am not sure why people act as if Tyson Fury is the first fighter to suffer from depression 'Mike Tyson's own battles and struggles with depression are well documented'.

'Tyson Fury comes from a fairly good family' The same cannot be said for Mike Tyson, kids from his background do not achieve or survive the things which he prevailed through etc 'And the reason why he has survive, is because of his own strength'.
    Agreed on the part about depression. Back then it wasn't as easy to come out and say that you suffer from depression as it is today.

Wasn't Fury young when his father got prisoned?

Comment

Originally posted by McLife View Post
      Agreed on the part about depression. Back then it wasn't as easy to come out and say that you suffer from depression as it is today.

Wasn't Fury young when his father got prisoned?
      Tyson Fury has a great family around him at all times, you can see this in all of his interviews 'Mike Tyson was pretty much left to his own devices, he was once found in a dark room chained to a radiator within a juvenile center' He was found by caretaker at the center who just so happened to be a former boxer etc I cannot recall this man's name, but Mike Tyson broke his nose 'He then approached Cus-Da'Mato and told him that he had found some sort of anomaly.

Note: I believe John Fury went to jail, during Tyson Fury's early career. But beside the fact, Fury from what I can see had a great team around him always.
      Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-27-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Tyson Fury has a great family around him at all times, you can see his in all of his interviews 'Mike Tyson was pretty much left to his own devices, he was once found in a dark room chained to a radiator in a juvenile center' He was found by caretaker at the center who just so happened to be a former boxer etc I cannot recall this man's name, but Mike Tyson broke his nose 'He then approached Cus-Da'Mato and told him that he had found some sort of anomaly.

Note: I believe John Fury went to jail, during Tyson Fury's early career. But beside the fact, Fury from what I can see had a great team around him always.
        Reminds me a bit of the legendary bare knuckle boxer Lenny Mclean. Was regularly beaten as a child by his stepdad.This affected him for life and filled him with rage everytime he fought.He even said in his own words."Had I been brought up in a reasonable environment he would have been so different but Iam a product of my background".

I think he may also have had bipolar disorder which exasperated his anger but at the time weren't diagnosed due to era he was born in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
          Reminds me a bit of the legendary bare knuckle boxer Lenny Mclean. Was regularly beaten as a child by his stepdad.This affected him for life and filled him with rage everytime he fought.He even said in his own words."Had I been brought up in a reasonable environment he would have been so different but Iam a product of my background".

I think he may also have had bipolar disorder which exasperated his anger but at the time weren't diagnosed due to era he was born in.
          Yes I know of Lenny Mclean, but not so much about his beginnings. Macro Pierre White one of the first celebrity chefs once stated 'There are two types of people? People who are a product of their environment, and people who observe their environment learn and take from it' quite a depth introspective man Macro Pierre White.

Mike Tyson probably was a product of his environment, seems to have this strange ability to hyper focus absorb information 'I think this single trait helps him succeed, and get out of his environment even though he was a product to a certain extent'

Comment

Yes I know of Lenny Mclean, but not so much about his beginnings. Macro Pierre White one of the first celebrity chefs once stated 'There are two types of people? People who are a product of their environment, and people who observe their environment learn and take from it' quite a depth introspective man Macro Pierre White.

Mike Tyson probably was a product of his environment, seems to have this strange ability to hyper focus absorb information 'I think this single trait helps him succeed, and get out of his environment even though he was a product to a certain extent'
            I think it goes to back to the nurture/nature debate eg is it environment or genes that shapes us.I think its a combination of both eg were born a certain way but our environment can flourish or deplete that.Granted some are strong and are able to rise above their unhealthy environments but I think these are in the minority.

I remember reading a book about this and I think the author made a valid point.She equated unruly children to dogs.Some have a genetic bias to be wild and need strong discipline to control them.If they dont get this certain dogs will just run riot.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
              What a salty, bitter old man. Talks about how amazing Tyson Fury is for overcoming drug addiction and depression (which he did, all credit to Fury) and in the same exact podcast or interview, calls Mike Tyson mentally weak lol.
              Well... he's right.

Comment

Atlas is just a truth teller, or tries to be. Sometimes those truths conflict with a 'persona' like Tyson's persona.

Mental strength was always Tyson's Achilles heal - read the views of Atlas, Rooney, Floyd Patterson, Jose Torres and Bill Cayton in Thomas Hausser's book on Ali as to a hypothetical Ali-Tyson match up. All spoke to Ali's mental strength vs Tyson's mental strength (i.e. ability to be frustrated, discouraged etc.) in picking Ali.

More interesting is Fury - he's not 'healed', but doing well now. Like alcoholics who are never cured of their addiction - can he go throughout the rest of his boxing career without falling prey to his demons. Let's hope so.

Comment

Working...
                X