Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruben Carter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! You have the fight? I hope someone can host it for ya so we can all witness the fight itself. I hate how Hollywood twists the truth. Then again, it's Hollywood.

Comment

Please refute this, or find me a reliable source that has clearly refuted this:

http://www.graphicwitness.com/carter/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by The Repo Man
        Please refute this, or find me a reliable source that has clearly refuted this:

http://www.graphicwitness.com/carter/index.html
        sounds like a load of **** to me.

Comment

These are the facts deal with it.

It had records of disband.

He did not beat up a Peto, to save his freind, he was arrested for Arm Robbery.

He was disband from the Army for dishonor conduct.

And his Car matchs the wanted car.

The restrant was rasicts

The time of the shooting was long on RIGHT.

And they made a good cop look bad in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
            It's hard to have any respect for a murderer. Regardless he had no brains to manage his career properly. He was talented enough to hold a belt, but lacked focus and faded rapidly.
            - -Couldn't have said myself any better.

Terrible times beget terrible people.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
              - -Couldn't have said myself any better.

Terrible times beget terrible people.
              Now U talking to Uself? really?

Comment

Here comes the story of the Hurricane
                The man the authorities came to blame
                For somethin' that he never done
                Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been
                The champion of the world...

So there's somebody who erroneously thought Ruben was still a contender when he was arrested.
                But, no, Bob Dylan, he was no longer a contender and I doubt anyone else thought he could-a been the champion of the world at that point in time.

Bob also had to re-write some of the lyrics because Columbia figured he could get sued for his dramatic license in what went on that night.

He also stopped singing that song in live concerts a long, long time ago, most likely because he changed his mind on how much of a nice guy he really was. You can find websites that offer pretty convincing evidence for Carter's guilt, but as odd as it might sound, you really can "slant" facts in most any direction to suit your premise of guilt or innocence.

Comment

- -Eventually he was released on time served after the NJ Authorities couldn't unbungle their flawed prosecution.

Few ever thought he was innocent, and so he was given Carte Blanche to further smear his dangerously sociopathic reputation.

Comment

Working...
                  X