No announcement yet.

Newbie question: bag too hard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the advise.
    Ordered a Waterpro 55 cm or 21 inch. Only thing really available around here these days.
    I'll let you know how it feels.

Comment

If your new one thing I think it could be is not turning your punches correct might need better technique .I used to get near carpal tunnel syndrome man but once I learned to turn my punches correct got better .

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
        If your new one thing I think it could be is not turning your punches correct might need better technique .I used to get near carpal tunnel syndrome man but once I learned to turn my punches correct got better .
        This plus you may be hitting it too hard, said you've just started so it's good to keep in mind that the bag isn't going to hit you back, if you are doing that anyway.

Just take it easy until you can get back in the gym, no point getting into the sport if you're going to get carpal tunnel before you can even step into the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo- View Post
          This plus you may be hitting it too hard, said you've just started so it's good to keep in mind that the bag isn't going to hit you back, if you are doing that anyway.

Just take it easy until you can get back in the gym, no point getting into the sport if you're going to get carpal tunnel before you can even step into the ring.
          Yeah, I'm a complete beginner. I could be doing all kinds of stuff wrong!

If anyone has suggestions, online help for beginning boxing. Specifically beginning heavy bag work/routine, that'd be greatly appreciated. I've spent some time roaming around looking for info online but maybe you know something better.

Comment

Working...
          X