Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Here's Why Spence-Garcia Should Air On FOX, Not FOX PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence is going to be a PPV-only fighter moving forward. This is only step one.

Comment

If its any fight that should be PPV it should be this one... ppl paid for Pac v AB when we all knew the outcome, this is a throw back fight you honestly don't know who will win... will mikey's (whosea 135 pound fighter) boxing IQ get him threw 12 rounds or will Spence punish him for 12 rounds. If your true boxing fan your watching this fight... this is a throw back match up.

the winner should fight pacman

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        pbc loses money if it is on fox

fox is not gonna put up the money

so mikey would have gone to dazn and the fight would not have happened
        The difference I think is that the more exposure by high ratings equals higher advertising fees such as nfl, mlb, nba, nhl, etc.

Comment

I agree with the writer, this should of been on network tv. It would of went a long way securing more fans for both fighters. Especially if the winner of this happens to square off against Pacquiao next, that fight will also be on PPV. So IMO it would of been wiser to showcase these guys now and make more money potentially on the Pacquiao fight should it happen after. Or even a Porter fight.

On another note, weird how DAZN won't release how many subscribers they have.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
            Fox have done a great job promoting this fight. I hope they just promoting all of their events on Fox like this.
            I agree with this^^^^^

I've watched a ton of videos leading up to this fight. Great job Fox

Comment

What kind of idiot of a writer would put this article out the day before the pay-per-view? Do you not want it to do well? When boxing does well, you do well, moron.

Comment

I hate so-called boxing fans who talk about a fighter's ring IQ while ignoring the other fight's IQ. Why is Mikey a smarter fighter than Spence?

Also., by talking about ring IQ you are admitting that only way mikey can win is by outsmarting spence. What a bunch of crap. Spence blows him out. even if mikey has a Phd in boxing.

But I will say one thing, if mikey wins he should fight Wilder next for the heavyweight title cause I know he could outsmart Wilder. and Fury too.

Originally posted by boxing90 View Post
                If its any fight that should be PPV it should be this one... ppl paid for Pac v AB when we all knew the outcome, this is a throw back fight you honestly don't know who will win... will mikey's (whosea 135 pound fighter) boxing IQ get him threw 12 rounds or will Spence punish him for 12 rounds. If your true boxing fan your watching this fight... this is a throw back match up.

the winner should fight pacman

Comment

What remains constant in this sport is incessant butthurt and complaints....that's what needs to die, not the sport.

The size of the fighters and their records is what's selling the fight....but the undercard isn't all that great. That much I'll say, but there's no need to cry about it.

Boxing fans cried about PPVs for years. You give them free boxing, what do you get? Complaints. Boxing fans cry for big fights (Kovalev/Ward), but don't buy them when they're made....making the sport look bad.

Love the sport, hate the fans. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    This is a d*mn good post. I usually disagree with you lol The only point I'll add is this one might got north of 400k. Otherwise much respect on this overview.
                    Thanks

Its most likely just a case of Even a broken clock is right twice a day , Just a matter of time before you’d think that one of my ignorant opinions wasn’t complete sh.it. I’m sure the next one you read of mine will have you right back to thinking that

I’m suprised you think this fight does north of 400k . I’m a huge fan of this fight and can’t wait for Saturday but just don’t see it beating the #s That Wikder /Fury or Pac / Broner did which were both around 325-350 if I remember correctly . I always thought this
                    Would be the lowest of the 3 PPVs . Maybe I’m missing the push that Fox has been giving this fight because I almost never watch TV or anything on Fox unless it’s the NFL.

Both fighters will be doing PPV for their first time. Both produce Decent viewership #s on Showtime but less then what Wilder or Broner avg ( Spence being watched by 6 mil when he beat Bundu I think has to be attributed to it airing right after the Gold medal Bball game not Spence’s star quality )! . Garcia /Spence are both viewed as 2 of the best fighters in the sport , but Boxing fans have proven that talent alone will not guarantee them supporting a PPV( Ward /Kovalev 1&2 PPV # as a example )

I hope Im wrong and this does crazy #s , I just don’t see it happening. But the fight appears to be selling a good amount of tickets, so maybe I’m just clueless

Comment

Originally posted by aobura View Post
                      True, if he doesn't want to watch it no need to write a long boring article. Some of these people are really running out of articles to write.
                      U missed Something, Dimwit....? The Sport Can use a Shot of Adrenaline and this ain't it...

Comment

Working...
                      X