No announcement yet.

2005 Floyd Mayweather vs. 2018 Erroll Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    Because the fights where Floyd spoke on his weight, the highest he has ever been has been 150lb genius. The highest he has ever weighed in, was 152, for the Cotto fight.

Floyd was overtrained for the Cotto fight. Leading up to the fight, his whole team said it over and over again, that he was going to potentially peek too soon. The first day of camp for the Ghost fight, Floyd Sr said he noticed Floyd training too much. His exact words were "Your 36, not 26....You need to train less, let your body heal, and then you will see results"

You also ignore that he faced Canelo at 150lbs, and humiliated him.

YOU were talking about Judah. I dont know why you brought him up, you have to ask yourself that. Spence beats the snot out of the Floyd who faced Judah.

Again, you ducked and dodged everything else I said.
    Bro don't turn around and lie lol. It makes you look desperate. I can literally go back in this thread and pull up the message where you brought up Judah and then I responded to it and you tried to argue. Don't turn around and say I brought up Judah. We were all talking about 2005 Mayweather and you brought up 2006 Mayweather out of nowhere. Keep up!

As for him beating Canelo. Canelo is a shorter, stockier dude than Spence and that fight was at a catchweight. Cotto put hands on Floyd, a slightly past it Cotto at that.

Do you believe Spence beats 2005 Mayweather? And please don't bring up that Judah nonsense again because that was n 2006 when Floyd himself said his body started to break down.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
      Bro don't turn around and lie lol. It makes you look desperate. I can literally go back in this thread and pull up the message where you brought up Judah and then I responded to it and you tried to argue. Don't turn around and say I brought up Judah. We were all talking about 2005 Mayweather and you brought up 2006 Mayweather out of nowhere. Keep up!

As for him beating Canelo. Canelo is a shorter, stockier dude than Spence and that fight was at a catchweight. Cotto put hands on Floyd, a slightly past it Cotto at that.

Do you believe Spence beats 2005 Mayweather? And please don't bring up that Judah nonsense again because that was n 2006 when Floyd himself said his body started to break down.
      Yet you obliged in the conversation which included Judah. As I said prior, the Floyd who faced Judah gets the snot beaten out of him by Spence. Mismatch.

YOU said that Floyd fought over 152, and looked bad. Which was untrue, because the highest Floyd fought was at 150. He faced Canelo at 150, and made him look foolish. Then you make up excuses for why Floyd did so good. "Its because Canelo was short derrr" Idgaf if he was short or tall. Floyd weighed the highest he has ever weighed in a fight, and made him look foolish.

You said Cotto put hands on Floyd. I educated you on how Floyd was overtrained and you completely ignored it Lol

I believe Spence batters the Floyd who faced Judah. You said Floyd's body broke down, maybe thats your excuse for why you NOW believe that Floyd loses to him around that time.

Comment

Be a lot like the Cotto fight with Floyd boxing more to win a UD.

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
          No match.

We love to think of hypothetical fights against Floyd and say "well, he would...." No! None of them would have done anything. Above Floyd's insane skill, he was extremely intelligent. No fighter could make these move on him twice in the same fight without him figuring it out. So how would Spence cope?

We should never forget how basic these guys and the whole p4p ranking looked compared to Floyd and Pac when they were hot, even up to 2014.

The only person who can be discussed with them skill for skill is Loma. No other person comes close.

Before Ward, Kovalev was insanely HOT! No one could bet against him until SMW Ward came in and showed how human Kovalev is and beatable, even wobble him near KO. Smh. These guys were beyond it for this generation at least.
          You think Floyd beats hearns at 147? We like to think of Floyd as the guy who never lost and always finds a way to win cuz that's what's fresh in our minds, but he's not unbeatable. Boxing has a long history and many great fighters who could beat each other on any given night. Nobody has faced every style or skill set throughout a relatively short career.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            Yet you obliged in the conversation which included Judah. As I said prior, the Floyd who faced Judah gets the snot beaten out of him by Spence. Mismatch.

YOU said that Floyd fought over 152, and looked bad. Which was untrue, because the highest Floyd fought was at 150. He faced Canelo at 150, and made him look foolish. Then you make up excuses for why Floyd did so good. "Its because Canelo was short derrr" Idgaf if he was short or tall. Floyd weighed the highest he has ever weighed in a fight, and made him look foolish.

You said Cotto put hands on Floyd. I educated you on how Floyd was overtrained and you completely ignored it Lol

I believe Spence batters the Floyd who faced Judah. You said Floyd's body broke down, maybe thats your excuse for why you NOW believe that Floyd loses to him around that time.
            This is like arguing with a woman. You are all over the place man. Again, why the hell are you bringing up the Judah fight which happened in 2006 if we are talking about the Floyd Mayweather of 2005? Like I said stay on topic.

You have no idea what Floyd's highest fight night weight was because several fights Floyd did not weigh on the day of the fight. We know Floyd's official weight against Cotto was 152 and we know that was about the sloppiest he had ever looked in his career. Don't talk about no "grown man" weight if 152 pounds is too heavy for your frame. And you weren't in Floyd's camp so you don't know how hard he may or may have trained for that fight.

Again, do you really think Spence beats 2005 Mayweather?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post

This is like arguing with a woman. You are all over the place man. Again, why the hell are you bringing up the Judah fight which happened in 2006 if we are talking about the Floyd Mayweather of 2005? Like I said stay on topic.

You have no idea what Floyd's highest fight night weight was because several fights Floyd did not weigh on the day of the fight. We know Floyd's official weight against Cotto was 152 and we know that was about the sloppiest he had ever looked in his career. Don't talk about no "grown man" weight if 152 pounds is too heavy for your frame. And you weren't in Floyd's camp so you don't know how hard he may or may have trained for that fight.

Again, do you really think Spence beats 2005 Mayweather?
              You obliged in the Judah comparison. You said that version of Floyd beats Spence, I said otherwise.

Floyd has weighed in on fight night SEVERAL times. He didnt do it all the time, but enough for us to know his highest weight; 150. You didnt even know that until I brought it up. The absolute highest he has been in the ring was 150lbs.

You said this "We know Floyd's official weight against Cotto was 152 and we know that was about the sloppiest he had ever looked in his career"

You already brought that up. I responded with ease. You ignored it, and continued to type nonsense.

So in response, I again, will copy and paste what I said prior.

Floyd was overtrained for the Cotto fight. Leading up to the fight, his whole team said it over and over again, that he was going to potentially peek too soon. The first day of camp for the Ghost fight, Floyd Sr said he noticed Floyd training too much. His exact words were "Your 36, not 26....You need to train less, let your body heal, and then you will see results"

152 is not too heavy for Floyd. He weighed in at that weight, but came into the ring at 150. Same weight, he humiliated Canelo at. Weight had nothing to do with anything. It was overtraining.

No. I wasnt in Floyd's camp. But leading up to the fight they kept saying he was overtraining over and over again, they said it. Floyd Sr stopped that, in the Ghost training camp.

In 2005, we saw multiple versions of Floyd. The Floyd from the Gatti fight, can win. The other versions of Floyd from that year, loses.

The Floyd who faced Judah, flatout gets beaten. The Floyd who faced Canelo, at 150, humiliates Spence.

Comment

Working...
              X