Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Hurd beats Charlo, a GGG fight is a MUST.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Hurd beats Charlo, a GGG fight is a MUST.

Assuming GGG beats Saunders in the fall and Hurd beats Charlo in the fall also, a fight in the early 2019 is a MUST no matter how you slice it or dice it, or roll over it.

The Undisputed 154 (Ali's belt is trash.) vs The Undisputed 160 is a MUST have.

They should meet at 157. I'm tired of guys making all the sacrifices to make Golovkin comfortable. GGG has made zero sacrifices in his career. None. If Hurd becomes undisputed he can also stay and reign for a couple defenses. and if Golovkin beats BJS for the final belt I'm more interested in him moving up and facing Zurdo or Benavidez.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Assuming GGG beats Saunders in the fall and Hurd beats Charlo in the fall also, a fight in the early 2019 is a MUST no matter how you slice it or dice it, or roll over it.

Not so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
        They should meet at 157. I'm tired of guys making all the sacrifices to make Golovkin comfortable. GGG has made zero sacrifices in his career. None. If Hurd becomes undisputed he can also stay and reign for a couple defenses. and if Golovkin beats BJS for the final belt I'm more interested in him moving up and facing Zurdo or Benavidez.
        sacrifice? Middleweight as a weight class with a limit of 160 has been a recognized weight class since 1910

157 has been recognized since never. I don't see how it's asking a lot to weigh in at what middleweights have been weighing in at for 108 years.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          sacrifice? Middleweight as a weight class with a limit of 160 has been a recognized weight class since 1910

157 has been recognized since never. I don't see how it's asking a lot to weigh in at what middleweights have been weighing in at for 108 years.
          Agreed. Hurd can easily make 160. There is no reason for a catchweight.

Comment

Hurd easily weighs 175+ on fight night, he'd make 160 with ease. Once he moves up is when we're going to know how good his boxing skills really are

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post

If you beat 1 charlo, you know you gotta beat the other 1 too

Comment

This is if he beats Charlo. Going to be tougher than Lara as he gave him tons of problems and he isn’t the biggest puncher. Charlo punches hard, is as big as Hurd and is as young with no stamina issues, perfect fundamentals and hunger to unify the division. It’s a 50-50 with Jermell but Jermall is not someone Hurd can beat. Exciting times and fights around in this division and the one above.

On the topic of golovkin, I think Charlo will beat him and Hurd will give him trouble. Golovkin is deteriorating no matter what anyone says. Taking a risk at this stage in his career could be the end he needs to rematch Canelo make that good money and the then retire.

Comment

That would be a ****ing war

Like 2 trains hitting eachother

Comment

Fight won't happen. GGG is bogged down with mandatory fights. If he does fight Saunders this year he's only delaying the mandatory obligations until next year. And if the Canelo fight is a possibility next year he's going with that last big payday. GGG is getting to old to be fighting these hungry young lions for little money.

Comment

Working...
                    X