No announcement yet.

85% of children are aware that mom runs the show in the family

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85% of children are aware that mom runs the show in the family

A NATIONWIDE study of kids and teens has revealed that a resounding 87 PERCENT of five to 16-year-olds, when asked who is in charge at home, chose MUM over dad.

In fact, as many as 33 percent said their dad always does what he is told, while a further 57 percent said he rarely goes against the female of the house.

And the survey revealed it may now be the nation’s dads threatening “just wait until your mother gets home”, with a resounding 76 percent of the children agreeing they get told off more by their mum, with dads a softer touch.

More than half of the 2,000 girls and boys polled said their mum inspires them, with 48 percent saying it is because she is funny, 46 percent claiming it is because she organises everything and 45 percent admitting they are inspired by her culinary skills.

Almost two thirds (62 percent) thought mum was cooler than dad, 41 percent said she was definitely the most fun parent and 33 percent added that she probably was the most fun.

One in four children (26 percent) still think dad is the more fun parent, and just 38 percent think dad is cooler than mum.

MUMS TAKE THE REINS

More than nine out of 10 (91 percent) said they go to their mother when they feel sick rather than their father and 90 percent said she gives the best cuddles.

Yet, the children polled were split exactly 50/50 on which parent was scariest when really cross.

The research, which was commissioned by Goodfella’s pizza to celebrate The Godmother – star of its new TV advertising campaign, found that 43 percent go to mum for permission for everything

The research, also found that mums take the reins when it comes to organisation, with 47 percent of children saying their mum was always the person who dealt with their school stuff.

More than a third (38 percent) said their mum was the person they spent most time with during the week, while 46 percent said she makes them feel better.

A spokesperson for Goodfella’s said: “Despite modern dads playing a bigger role at home than ever before, the research clearly shows that kids still see their mum as ‘the boss’ and the parent who keeps everything in order.

Our new TV ad celebrates a strong matriarch, who like many British mums has high standards, commands respect without having to say a word and only ever serves the best quality food to her family

More than half (56 percent) said they are most likely to tell their mum their secrets and 44 percent said she definitely works harder than their dad when it comes to caring for them.

British kids based in Leicester are the most likely to think their mum is boss, at 95 percent. Cambridge residents were the least likely of the nation, at 72 percent.
    Last edited by TheWeeknd4Ever; 04-22-2019, 11:42 AM.

So a bunch of pansy fathers in those homes I see

Comment

In most urban households there is no father's at all. I also bet a good number of those men in the studies are step father's.

Comment

Haven't mom's always ran the home & the dad's always ran the business of the family? Dad's are doing f#cking business outside the home & don't wanna have to deal with all the bs at home is the way I take this. Mom's got the sh^t job of micromanaging who's playing too many video games while the dad is BBQing in the backyard with a beer & relaxing til he gots to go back to some soul crushing job on Monday & mom either is at home all day or got some bs job where she's doing more busy work than real soul crushing work that men do.

Comment

This is supposed to be news??? This has been going on forever. LOL...

Comment

When a generation embraces permanent childhood, they rob the generation after them of having any childhood at all. Everything marketed as being liberated and modern is actually just a stone-age cycle of selfishness.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Haven't mom's always ran the home & the dad's always ran the business of the family? Dad's are doing f#cking business outside the home & don't wanna have to deal with all the bs at home is the way I take this. Mom's got the sh^t job of micromanaging who's playing too many video games while the dad is BBQing in the backyard with a beer & relaxing til he gots to go back to some soul crushing job on Monday & mom either is at home all day or got some bs job where she's doing more busy work than real soul crushing work that men do.
              True.. I like to delegate things to my wife all the time.

She can run anything in the house she wants besides the MONEY.

Comment

Back then mothers knew the dads were away working, so they would always remind the kids of how hard dad work so they can have a life. They would also tell the kids how much their father love them. They would leave the disciplining for the fathers by telling kids, "wait till their dad gets home".

Today's mothers are a product of their environment. They are trying to make men, hence fathers, irrelevant. They would hide things from the fathers, use his money to buy things for the kids and not letting the kids know where the money came from. Also, try to make the dad feel guilty for working hard by saying he is not spending enough time with the kids. They would berate the father infront the kids and bad talk him behind his back with the kids. These are things that I have seen with my own eyes. These people can go fook their study.

Comment

Kids are kids and their interpretation of things is always suspect and subject to change. You’d be amaze how a change of tone to the same question will yield a different answer from kids.

I’m not surprised they think mom is in charge, moms for the most part are more involved in day to day activities of their kids. Been like that for years.

Comment

I let me lady run the house for the most part. Ex I don't care what we eat, wash clothes when she wants to, decorate and clean when she wants.

I run things outside of the home and run the show when I put my foot down( Maybe why I'm single now). On top of that woman generally are primary care givers to children. About balance

Comment

Working...
                    X