Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STATS: How effective was Conor before he gassed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STATS: How effective was Conor before he gassed?

Before Conor gassed in the 9th round, this fight was a lot closer than some people will admit. The power punch stats help to demonstrate this.

Wether Mayweather let him hit him or not, Conor did show a nice jab and some good counter shots. His shots had no power on them and he gassed out by end of round 4 somehow with Mayweather barely even throwing anything back his way up to that point.

He's not a boxer and didn't train like one apparently. His stamina is garbage and his punches have no effect on someone conditioned to take shots to the face like a world class boxer. He didn't embarrass himself at all though, he lasted 10 rounds and did what he could, it was a mismatch from the get go.

Comment

Why don't you use TOTAL punches landed, this is moronic.

Comment

It would appear a more dominant early fight for mcgregor if you calculated total punches landed

Comment

I thought Conor did well early all things considered. Floyd was just sorta there doe trying to figure out what was up with this guy he'd never seen box.

I had Conor winning the first 3 rounds while dropping the last 6 full rounds before the 10th round KO. Upon repeat viewings I must admit I was less impressed with Conor's work in the first 3 rounds & I think I only gave him the first. I think I initially gave those rounds early rounds to Conor based on my expectations of what Floyd was supposed to do & what Conor was supposed to do vs what was happening. I don't score fights like I used to doe, I feel like it takes away from my enjoyment of the fights nowadays so I think my score game is rusty in my defense.

Comment

Trick question, he wasnt

Comment

Originally posted by AllAlong87 View Post
              Before Conor gassed in the 9th round, this fight was a lot closer than some people will admit. The power punch stats help to demonstrate this.
              Really? First post? LMAO!

Comment

this is like the Khan/Canelo and Brook/GGG fights, all 3 fights were mismatches where the huge underdogs had early success with pitty pat shots, but didn't matter because obviously these mismatches weren't going the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I thought Conor did well early all things considered. Floyd was just sorta there doe trying to figure out what was up with this guy he'd never seen box.

I had Conor winning the first 3 rounds while dropping the last 6 full rounds before the 10th round KO. Upon repeat viewings I must admit I was less impressed with Conor's work in the first 3 rounds & I think I only gave him the first. I think I initially gave those rounds early rounds to Conor based on my expectations of what Floyd was supposed to do & what Conor was supposed to do vs what was happening. I don't score fights like I used to doe, I feel like it takes away from my enjoyment of the fights nowadays so I think my score game is rusty in my defense.
                  Apparently there is alternate view of the fight somewhere on YT. I plan to watch and re-score, but I thought Conor won the first 3, maybe 4 and possibly round 8. Showtime's Steve Farhood had the fight 86-85 in favor of Mayweather through 9 rounds.

Comment

he actually gassed after round 4
                    lol

Comment

Working...
                    X