Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2020, 03:37 PM #11
4truth 4truth is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 7,333
Quoted: 3411 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 191,761.97
Bank: 2,243.38
Total Points: 194,005.35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracada View Post
Some of the downsides I seen so far;

1. Feeling thirsty 24/7, sometimes wake up at night wanting water.

2. Look less shredded, the ripped look goes
I guess it depends on what you are looking for. If I could gain strength without any adverse health side effects that would be enough for me. Iím not so concerned with muscle definition but check out this study. Granted, itís a very small study but the adverse effects are the kind you might not even notice.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30913162/

Hopefully someone will do a larger more inclusive study at some point.
4truth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:29 AM #12
abracada abracada is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,687
Quoted: 2613 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27
abracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,686.66
Bank: 157,395.56
Total Points: 161,082.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPacman View Post
Yeah, I mean you are going to lose that boost the creatine gave you when lifting, especially if you are new to using creatine. If you used it long enough, the benefits you have with the increased strength that got you to lift heavier, will have eventually helped with muscle building. The muscle building should retain after the creatine is out of your system. At that time, you will be able to lift similar to what you did with the creatine. You might get fatigued sooner but you will still have the strength.

Before covid hit and gyms shut down I was completely off creatine for more than 6 months yet still lifting EVERYTHING I did prior to dropping creatine from my preworkout. All I would take was a Walmart special (lol) 15 dollar preworkout and it helped a lot. Actually it was the MrHyde one (still using today). I'm also using "ON" Creatine but it'll be finish soon. https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutri...6-8a5c26cd5a14

I'll stick with just the preworkout after and see how well it goes. Muscle memory is a thing also.
I will probably copy you, I have enough powder for 100 more takings then will siphon off and onto some preworkout.

Another side effect I felt today was a cross between some stiffen and slight cramping of bicep muscles, I guess due to water and muscles workout harder than they used to!

But so far so, pros are just about better than the side affects
abracada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:31 AM #13
abracada abracada is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,687
Quoted: 2613 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27
abracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,686.66
Bank: 157,395.56
Total Points: 161,082.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4truth View Post
I guess it depends on what you are looking for. If I could gain strength without any adverse health side effects that would be enough for me. Iím not so concerned with muscle definition but check out this study. Granted, itís a very small study but the adverse effects are the kind you might not even notice.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30913162/

Hopefully someone will do a larger more inclusive study at some point.
Yes, most studies saying it is safe for 5 years as thatís as long as the studies have been!

I will siphon off in Jan, and try to maintain whatever strength and muscle I put on during the next 4 months
abracada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:35 PM #14
ELPacman ELPacman is offline
LEGENDARY
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,979
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Rep Power: 124
ELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 31,355.75
Bank: 1,865.34
Total Points: 33,221.09
please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua manny money pacquiao - Tha_Greatest money pakyow - sugarsmosley 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracada View Post
I will probably copy you, I have enough powder for 100 more takings then will siphon off and onto some preworkout.

Another side effect I felt today was a cross between some stiffen and slight cramping of bicep muscles, I guess due to water and muscles workout harder than they used to!

But so far so, pros are just about better than the side affects
Yeah I got some cramps but mostly noticed that as I got older. I'm not sure it's entirely related to the creatine because I honestly just don't remember before. Eitherway, as long as you aren't taking more than the serving size dosage, I don't think you'll have any issues taking it. I haven't thus far and I've cycled over the past 15 years with it.
ELPacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:47 AM #15
abracada abracada is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,687
Quoted: 2613 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27
abracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,686.66
Bank: 157,395.56
Total Points: 161,082.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPacman View Post
Yeah I got some cramps but mostly noticed that as I got older. I'm not sure it's entirely related to the creatine because I honestly just don't remember before. Eitherway, as long as you aren't taking more than the serving size dosage, I don't think you'll have any issues taking it. I haven't thus far and I've cycled over the past 15 years with it.
Itís crazy gains, sounds little - but put on about quarter inch on arms which normally takes me a year! Of course some is water bloat but stupid how quick it was and Joe Bloggs doesnít know water mass v lean muscle
abracada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:02 PM #16
ELPacman ELPacman is offline
LEGENDARY
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,979
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Rep Power: 124
ELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 31,355.75
Bank: 1,865.34
Total Points: 33,221.09
please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua manny money pacquiao - Tha_Greatest money pakyow - sugarsmosley 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracada View Post
It’s crazy gains, sounds little - but put on about quarter inch on arms which normally takes me a year! Of course some is water bloat but stupid how quick it was and Joe Bloggs doesn’t know water mass v lean muscle
Yep, it is quick to put on the gain and strength with creatine. I literally went to ***** since quarantine. Didn't lift a pickle and fell out of shape entirely. Within 1 month of back to gym starting Sept.4th I think it was, I was nearly back to everything I had lost. I attribute a lot of that to the creatine because it helped get me back the strength quick to lift heavy and make up for the time loss.

Now I know creatine isn't an HGH or something that is going to get you jacked but that's all about preference. Guys at my gym have the looks but lack the strength. I'm doing lifts heavier than they are regarding dumb bell curls or dumb bell chest press or a lot of leg exercises. I'm not saying it's only because of creatine either, but when you train "natural" for years, you develop actual strength vs I feel like the roids gives you a boost as long as you are on it. I've seen guys go to ***** after they got off. They would like have to get on another cycle to get that strength back that they previously had with the roids.
ELPacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:32 AM #17
GreatestIam GreatestIam is offline
GreatestIam
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,534
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
GreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond reputeGreatestIam has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,456.92
Bank: 1,045.91
Total Points: 11,502.83
Default

just ordered som kre_alkyn
GreatestIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:23 AM #18
boxingfor10yrs boxingfor10yrs is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 21
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
boxingfor10yrs is on a distinguished road
Points: 1,581.97
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,581.97
Default

It's a placebo. Create has had no effect on me personally.
boxingfor10yrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:34 AM #19
Soju Soju is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 476
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
Soju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond reputeSoju has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,892.92
Bank: 1,030.38
Total Points: 6,923.30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingfor10yrs View Post
It's a placebo. Create has had no effect on me personally.
It's not a placebo. It's one of the most well studied and documented supplements, don't spread nonsense please.

Like anything, people will react to it to varying degrees. Try it out and see. Creatine monohydrate for example can make my body visibly bigger and a little stronger in a short time, but also makes me **** myself, gives me major bloating and heart burn.

Creatine hydrochloride however digests well with me, aids in recovery and does what it says on the tin. If creatine monohydrate does not agree with you, hcl is worth a try.

Alternatively it might do nothing at all for you, maybe you already have enough creatine in your diet or just don't respond to it, so don't go buying a 4kg bag before you know.

Note the "loading phase" is old bro science there's no need to put yourself through that. Take the recommended amount instead.
Soju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:21 AM #20
abracada abracada is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,687
Quoted: 2613 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27
abracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,686.66
Bank: 157,395.56
Total Points: 161,082.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soju View Post
It's not a placebo. It's one of the most well studied and documented supplements, don't spread nonsense please.

Like anything, people will react to it to varying degrees. Try it out and see. Creatine monohydrate for example can make my body visibly bigger and a little stronger in a short time, but also makes me **** myself, gives me major bloating and heart burn.

Creatine hydrochloride however digests well with me, aids in recovery and does what it says on the tin. If creatine monohydrate does not agree with you, hcl is worth a try.

Alternatively it might do nothing at all for you, maybe you already have enough creatine in your diet or just don't respond to it, so don't go buying a 4kg bag before you know.

Note the "loading phase" is old bro science there's no need to put yourself through that. Take the recommended amount instead.
Agreed itís defo not a placebo, got more endurance and can squeeze out that extra few reps when doing weights, I am looking fuller too
abracada is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 AM.