Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-10-2020, 06:13 PM #31
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Queen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,512.81
Total Points: 25,587.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
I think he'd vacate rather than give 35%, but I also think he'd over pay to keep the belt. Just not overpay to that extent. I think $10 million is about the ceiling Pulev could possibly hope for.

We did see with Canelo's mandatory that they were willing to take a lot less than they'd make in a purse bid, but they still wanted a high figure. I see this going down the same way. Joshua cares more about belts than Canelo does, so Joshua will bend in ways Canelo wouldn't. I hope to see the titles remain unified here. I also think Arum will be reasonable as there's no guarantee Pulev would beat Kownacki. Better to take 10 against Joshua than 2-3 against Kownacki.

They overpay because they have a history of overpaying.

They overpaid Charles Martin and Andy Ruiz...they know how difficult it will be to get the IBF title back once he abandon it, Mathcroom will overpay Pulev, there is no question.

35% aint shlt to keep the belt inhouse.
Queen_Leia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:16 PM #32
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Queen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond reputeQueen_Leia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,512.81
Total Points: 25,587.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rexy_ View Post
Not how it works. Pulev already won the final eliminator. He's not #1 contender, he's MANDATORY CHALLENGER.

Joshua would have to drop the belt.
Why would he drop HIS belt, he's champion. It goes to purse bid and whoever wins the bid, pays the fighter.

AJ is not paying Pulev out of his own pocket even during the negotiation period, Matchroom is handling the dollars.

Joshua works so hard for those belts including overpaying Charles Martin and Andy Ruiz, why would 389 year old Pulev be any different especially in a fight he will win easy.

So yes, that is how it works.
Queen_Leia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:19 PM #33
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1214 Post(s)
kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,705.17
Total Points: 40,044.29
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 great poster - jas 
Thanks for quick payoff! - Psylence83 thanks for the help bro - jas cheers!!!! - -KULT- 

Quote:
That wouldn’t happen. He’s holding out for the purse bid. Guys negotiate before the bid to avoid it.
I guess it depends on the amount of the winning bid. I can't even imagine Arum winning if it came down to a purse bid, which I don't think it will.

Last edited by kiaba360; 01-10-2020 at 06:22 PM.
kiaba360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:20 PM #34
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8571 Post(s)
_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,155.63
Total Points: 313,483.09
No Message - DramaShow- one of the best posters hands down - jas For speaking truth - 1bad65 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Leia View Post
Why would he drop HIS belt, he's champion. It goes to purse bid and whoever wins the bid, pays the fighter.

AJ is not paying Pulev out of his own pocket even during the negotiation period, Matchroom is handling the dollars.

Joshua works so hard for those belts including overpaying Charles Martin and Andy Ruiz, why would 389 year old Pulev be any different especially in a fight he will win easy.

So yes, that is how it works.
Whatever you say. Though in the same statement you said Joshua doesnít pay, and that he also overpaid Martin and Ruiz (who were champions...) so yeah.

If it goes to bid the percentages are mandated in the IBF rules.
_Rexy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:20 PM #35
Undisputed Champion

_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - DramaShow- one of the best posters hands down - jas For speaking truth - 1bad65 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiaba360 View Post
I guess it depends on the amount of the winning bid. I can't even imagine Arum winning if it came down to a purse bid, which I don't think it will.
Has Pulev ever lost a purse bid? His fights are always in Bulgaria.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:40 PM #36
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8658 Post(s)
WBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 426.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Leia View Post
They overpay because they have a history of overpaying.

They overpaid Charles Martin and Andy Ruiz...they know how difficult it will be to get the IBF title back once he abandon it, Mathcroom will overpay Pulev, there is no question.

35% aint shlt to keep the belt inhouse.
with all due respect, they absolutely positively will not honor a purse bid. the bidding could conceivably reach 50 million, of which pulev would receive 17.5 million. they risk espn or pbc or a random lunatic winning the purse bid. joshua would then have to fight off of dazn, and fight off of sky, with NO REMATCH CLAUSE.

it's just not going to happen. they'll either make pulev a really high offer or they'll vacate. pulev will have to choose between a huge purse or a vacant title. i think a deal will get done. but it's not going to be anywhere near 35%.
WBC WBA IBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:41 PM #37
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Kezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,662.93
Total Points: 44,827.40
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 

Pulev would get far less money fighting someone else, so would he take 15% against AJ for example and still make a huge payday, multiple times more than he ever recieved before? Or hold out and face someone else he probably would lose to for far less?
Kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:45 PM #38
Undisputed Champion

kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 great poster - jas 
Thanks for quick payoff! - Psylence83 thanks for the help bro - jas cheers!!!! - -KULT- 

Quote:
Has Pulev ever lost a purse bid? His fights are always in Bulgaria.
Interesting article about failed purse bids regarding Pulev:
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Now that he's with TR, I expect his fights to mostly be in the U.S. from now on.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:48 PM #39
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiaba360 View Post
Interesting article about failed purse bids regarding Pulev:

Now that he's with TR, I expect his fights to mostly be in the U.S. from now on.
He was with Top Rank when he had his last two Bulgarian fights.

Like I said, they didnít get Pulev to raise his profile or anything like that. Heís to be fed to Fury with or without the IBF title.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:45 PM #40
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
He was with Top Rank when he had his last two Bulgarian fights.

Like I said, they didnít get Pulev to raise his profile or anything like that. Heís to be fed to Fury with or without the IBF title.
It seems like TR wasn't a part of Pulev's team (at least publicly) until after the Hughie fight:

Seems like Pulev is being co-promoted, but he's had his last two fights in USA. I guess Epic Sports will handle his fights in Bulgaria. If he's going to be fed to Fury, it makes more sense to build his profile in the USA. If they do happen to win the purse bid, it should be a U.S. fight.

Share This With Friends